From 07/08/2020 to 18/08/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 0.
Breakfasts Included: 2.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 0.
Day 1 - LOS ANGELES Welcome to Los Angeles! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.
Day 2 - LOS ANGELES Begin the day with a sightseeing tour of Tinseltown. Drive through Hollywood and see the historic TCL Chinese Theatre. A historic gem, this world-famous cinema (formerly, Grauman's), has hosted some of the most exclusive movie premieres in Hollywood history. The Dolby Theater (formerly the Kodak Theater) is the first permanent home of the glamorous Academy Awards. See the Hollywood Walk of Fame where iconic terrazzo stars grace block after city block of Hollywood Boulevard and Street-air Farmers Market, with more than 140 shops and restaurants. The remainder of your day is at leisure; your Tour Director will have suggestions for further exploration of the city.
Day 3 - LOS ANGELES-PALM SPRINGS. Journey to the desert oasis of Palm Springs. Ever since Hollywood stars first came here in the 1930s, laying claim to ranch-style estates and holding up in elite hotels, the clean, dry air and sunshine have made Palm Springs irresistible.
Day 4 - PALM SPRINGS-SCOTTSDALE. Travel through cacti-covered desert toward Old Town Scottsdale, where Western storefronts create an aura of the past. Afterward, enjoy free time to explore a taste of the Old West, with restaurants, shopping, and Western bars. With wooden beams, wagon wheels, and cowboy hats abundant, you'll feel like you've traveled back in time to the era of outlaws and saloons.
Day 5 - SCOTTSDALE-SEDONA-GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK-WILLIAMS. First stop today is a visit to Sedona, a centre for Southwestern and New Age arts. Climb through Oak Creek Canyon with its weathersculpted formations of dramatic, colour-tinted crags. Then pass by the San Francisco Mountains and beautiful pine forests to the South Rim of the GRAND CANYON. For a once-in-a-lifetime experience, take our optional helicopter flightseeing excursion for incomparable views of flame-coloured walls plunging 1857 metres (6,093 feet) into the Colorado River. Stay overnight in Williams, a picturesque mountain town with Route 66 as its main street.
Day 6 - WILLIAMS-LAS VEGAS. Cross the old Mohave gold-strike country, that still has traces of century-old ghost towns set in the natural desert beauty. Look out for Joshua trees, a species of the lily family that grows to 12 metres (40 feet) high and can live for more than 300 years. Today's destination is the man-made oasis in the Nevada desert that is Las Vegas, a fantastic city of feverish gambling, neon lights, and glamorous shows. An orientation tour upon arrival shows off many of the themed casino resorts along the colourful "Strip."
Day 7 - LAS VEGAS The day is free for exploring on your own. Your Tour Director will have plenty of activities to choose from and will recommend favorite restaurants and shopping areas.
Day 8 - LAS VEGAS-TULARE. Departing the neon lights of Las Vegas, we continue across the desert landscape of Nevada before crossing into California. See the vast Mojave Desert, which covers one-fifth of California. Pass through the agricultural land and overnight in Tulare in the central San Joaquin Valley.
Day 9 - TULARE-YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK- MERCED This morning, we enter YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, a wonderland of spectacular lakes, giant granite domes, towering pinnacles, cascading waterfalls, and lush forests. (CB)
Day 10 - MERCED-SAN FRANCISCO. This morning, we continue west to the "Golden Gate City" of San Francisco, famous for its cable cars. After lunch, included sightseeing takes in the spectacular Golden Gate Bridge, Nob Hill, and bustling Fisherman's Wharf. (CB)
Day 11 - SAN FRANCISCO The day is free for you to explore more of this fascinating city. Perhaps visit fascinating Alcatraz Prison. Get a close-up look at the infamous federal penitentiary that was off limits to the public for years. Afterward, the day is yours to explore the "City by the Bay." Choose from a variety of optional excursions. NOTE: Consider advance ticket purchase for Alcatraz Island with the National Park Service.
Day 12 - SAN FRANCISCO Your holiday ends this morning.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 10 August 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.