Aitutaki Day Tour
The Aitutaki Day Tour is a full day excursion featuring one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world. It's an early start for this tour. You will be picked up at around 7:00am and transferred to the airport for your short 45 minutes flight across to Aitutaki. Your flight departs Rarotonga at 8:00am. During the flight a light refreshment will be served. Make sure your camera is at the ready, for as you approach the island the view is spectacular. Aitutaki will appear through the morning cloud like an emerald necklace laid out against a turquoise blue lagoon. From the air, the 15 tiny offshore islets known as motus appear like beads strung along the protective coral reef. The white sand beaches that border each island appear whiter than usual in the morning sun. Everything about the lagoon at this time of the day seems surreal.
After you land, you will meet with your guide and be taken on a tour of the island, visiting the main township of Arutanga, the market place and the inland villages of Tautu and Vaipae. Then it's on to the pier to board your 71 foot traditionally designed catamaran, Titi Ai Tonga. The slow cruise across the lagoon to the top reef will take you past many of the offshore motus and sand bars that are permanently raised above the high tide mark. At the top reef, everyone gets a chance to snorkel amongst schools of tropical fish and hand feeding them is a lot of fun.Lunch is served on the vessel as you take a slow cruise to One Foot Island, where for a few hours, you can swim in crystal clear waters, explore the island or just laze in the sun on the soft white sand beaches. Make sure you take your passport with you as you get an Arrival Stamp from the One Foot Island Post Office which is a great souvenir gift to show family and friends. You will then return to the Mainland for your flight to Rarotonga, leaving you wishing you had stayed longer.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 July 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..