From 22/05/2020 to 08/11/2020
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Fri 22 2020 to May Sun 31 2020AvailableFrom$5,325*
Jun Fri 05 2020 to Jun Sun 14 2020AvailableFrom$5,295*
Jun Fri 19 2020 to Jun Sun 28 2020AvailableFrom$5,295*
Jul Fri 03 2020 to Jul Sun 12 2020AvailableFrom$5,295*
Jul Fri 17 2020 to Jul Sun 26 2020AvailableFrom$5,295*
Jul Fri 31 2020 to Aug Sun 09 2020AvailableFrom$5,295*
Aug Fri 14 2020 to Aug Sun 23 2020AvailableFrom$5,325*
Sep Fri 04 2020 to Sep Sun 13 2020AvailableFrom$5,325*
Sep Fri 11 2020 to Sep Sun 20 2020AvailableFrom$5,325*
Sep Fri 18 2020 to Sep Sun 27 2020AvailableFrom$5,325*
Oct Fri 09 2020 to Oct Sun 18 2020AvailableFrom$5,325*
Oct Fri 16 2020 to Oct Sun 25 2020AvailableFrom$5,325*
Oct Fri 30 2020 to Nov Sun 08 2020AvailableFrom$5,325*
5 lunches (including Including Be My Guest).
First class travel Highlights.
Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing.
Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals.
Luxury air-conditioned coach or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys).
Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
Optional Experiences and free time.
All porterage and restaurant gratuities.
Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras.
An expert Travel Director and separate Driver.
All hotel tips, charges and local taxes.
Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday.
Day 1 - ARRIVE BEIJING (4 NIGHTS) Launch your discovery of China in its cultural heart. Transfer to your Beijing hotel where you'll meet your Travel Director for a Welcome Reception drink and local appetisers this evening.
Day 2 - BEIJING SIGHTSEEING Delve into Beijing's rich imperial heritage, beginning your encounter with the remnants of centuries-old dynasties in the world's largest public space, Tiananmen Square. Tread in the footsteps of emperors, passing through the south gate to the UNESCO-listed Forbidden City, the imperial palace for emperors and their households for over five centuries. Immerse yourself in the ancient rituals, traditions and history of this palace complex before lunch. Continue to the tranquil Temple of Heaven, another UNESCO Heritage Site, once visited by the emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties to pray for good harvests and divine guidance. This evening, the salty, sweet flavours of succulent Peking Duck take centre stage during a Regional Dinner.
Day 3 - BEIJING AND THE GREAT WALL We leave the city behind, bound for the iconic Great Wall of China at Juyongguan. Standing on its ramparts, we look down on the Chinese countryside which its walls successfully defended against marauding nomadic invaders. Watch it snake thousands of miles into the distance as you imagine how these man-made fortifications were built and rebuilt from the 5th century B.C. to the 16th century. Then, walk the Sacred Way past the imposing stone statues that guard the Ming Tombs and remains of 13 emperors of the Ming Dynasty.
Day 4 - BEIJING SIGHTSEEING A leisurely start to our morning sees us embark on a rickshaw tour around the ancient narrow alleyways of the courtyard Hutong residences. We 'Connect With Locals', joining a family for a delicious meal of traditional Chinese cuisine at a 'Be My Guest' lunch, followed by a visit to a tea house, where a 'Local Specialist' prepares and serves tea, explaining the historic tea-making ritual. This afternoon, we'll indulge in a relaxing foot massage at the Foot Reflexology Centre.
Day 5 - BEIJING - XI'AN (2 NIGHTS) We fly to Xi'an, which reveals its role as the ancient departure point of the Silk Road. Visit the Great Mosque, one of the oldest, largest and best-preserved mosques in China. According to historical records it was built in 742 during the Tang Dynasty and is a combination of Islamic art and traditional Chinese architecture.
Day 6 - XI'AN SIGHTSEEING 'Make A Difference' during a visit to a local primary school (during school-term) to exchange a few Chinese and English words with the children and teachers. Trafalgar will donate some much-needed supplies as part of your school visit. Next, descend into Emperor Qin Shi Huang's subterranean tomb to see his terracotta army for the afterlife, another UNESCO-listed site. For lunch, enjoy a traditional meal of Chinese noodles, then continue with a visit to a Jade factory, the favoured stone of emperors and more precious to the Chinese people than gold.
Day 7 - XI'AN - SHANGHAI (3 NIGHTS) This morning, your choice of activities gives you an opportunity to mimic the graceful movements of a skilled T'ai Chi 'Local Specialist', or consider joining a cycle tour around part of the ancient City Wall of Xi'an. We 'Dive Into Culture' at a local restaurant, watching a demonstration in the art of making dumplings, with an opportunity to sample these for lunch. Savour the juicy flavours of these boiled, steamed and fried treats, transporting you back to ancient China, before transferring to the airport for our flight to Shanghai. Ascend to the 88-storey Jinmao Tower for panoramic views of the skyscrapers that loom over the most populous city on earth.
Day 8 - SHANGHAI SIGHTSEEING Stroll down Shanghai's famous 'Bund' with a 'Local Specialist', admiring the neoclassical colonial buildings that have lined this city's renowned waterfront since the early 1900s. Learn how this marshland was transformed into one of the world's most important trading hubs. Then, continue to the winding streets and vibrant markets of Old Shanghai to discover the how the customs and traditional lifestyle of this area have remained relatively unaltered. Enjoy some free time for lunch and shopping in the Old Town before we 'Dive Into Culture' during a visit to a silk museum. This evening, indulge in a performance by the Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe.
Day 9 - SHANGHAI FREE DAY Spend a day exploring the Paris of the East on your terms - shop for delicate Chinese ceramics, or consider joining an Optional Experience to Zhujiajiao, an ancient water town founded more than 1,700 years ago. In its heyday, Zhujiajiao was a bustling market town. Today, old historical buildings such as rice shops, banks, spice stores and even a Qing Dynasty post office can still be found as you stroll down its ancient streets and wander across the many stone bridges that crisscross its canals. This afternoon, you'll have some free time at leisure before joining your travel companions for a Farewell Dinner.
Day 10 - DEPART SHANGHAI Our mystical encounter with China at its end, take a transfer to Shanghai Airport for your onward flight. Sightseeing Highlights CITY TOUR of Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai VISIT Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, the Great Wall of China, the Sacred Way in Beijing, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, the 'Bund' waterfront and Jinmao Tower in Shanghai SEE local people practicing T'ai Chi in the morning, the Shanghai Acrobats
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..