From 28/10/2020 to 28/03/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Guided local tour of the Medina of FezSee the Royal Palace the Medina and the local marketsVisit the Cooperative of handmade carpetsGuided local tour of the Marrakesh and visit the Bahia PalaceSee Koutoubia Mosque and bustling Jamaa el Fna Square.
Your whirlwind tour of Morocco will see you snoozing in a quaint and comfy hotel each night.
Sleep twin or triple share, or treat yourself and upgrade to your own room by paying a tad extra.
Morocco is a sensory overload, especially when it comes to cuisine.
We'll be serving continental breakfast each day, and two delicious dinners.
Think hearty tagines accompanied with buttery piles of couscous - mmm!A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life.
An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps.
Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past.
This is your team.
Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do.
1 - After you arrive in Fez, meet up with your Contiki Trip Manager at the hotel tonight and then join your travel squad for an included dinner and get yourselves excited over the medieval capital of Morocco & a time capsule of the ancient Arab world, it will tantalise you to your very core, and tomorrow is a full day to go deep.
2 - Today might see you stepping back - just casually - to remnants of North Africa from the 9th Century. In amongst historical sights, as we explore you'll see the Royal Palace or Wooden Galerie (Foundouk Nijarrine). Today is going to be busy, because that's the best way to see it all.What else? You'll marvel your way through the Medina, which we'll explore with our guide, and begin to uncover the layers of Moroccan mysteries hidden within the city, no doubt finding some time for a spot of carpet shopping for a droll-worthy trip memento along the way. Tonight, go local and take on an optional Moroccan feast and show.
3 - We say farewell to Fez and her many traditions and head to perhaps the most famous city in the country - Marrakech. This evening, see exactly why they call Marrakech the Red City.We've made it to Marrakech, a place of pretty architecture, a bustling medina and shopping opportunities galore. This place is fast, fun and exciting, in every possible way. On arrival you could head to Jamaa el Fna Square to rub shoulders with the locals and grab some eats on the run. One place to get 'the shot' is from a restaurant overlooking the Medina, the smoky atmosphere, local music and people bustling under the twinkling lights, is something you'll never forget. And you won't forget tonight's accommodation in a hurry, either. Our Special Stay in Marrakech is Riad Africa, a retreat formed from 3 historical merchant houses. Here we'll enjoy two swimming pools, a traditional spa, a rooftop restaurant and Morroccan cooking school, not to mention the gorgeous architecture and decor. Tomorrow, exploring galore awaits.
4 - We'll guide you around the city's hotspots with our local Morroccan guide leading the charge. First up will be a tour of the blissful Bahia Palace with it's orange trees dotting the tile lined courtyards, now this is what they call an oasis. On our hit list this morning is the Koutoubia Mosque, a berber pharmacy to pick up some argan oil and other exotic potions and lotions, then free time is yours. Taking on the markets of the Medina like a boss is a must while you're here, and an unforgettable experience. It's here you'll pick up treats and treasures, stopping for tagines to re-fuel but of course. Looking for a little bit of culture? The Marjorelle Gardens, owned by Yves St Laurent are a slice of paradise in amongst the madness, with the electric blues and yellow colours and lush green plants making for A+ Instagram opportunities. Tonight, getting your eat on is a must, and our optional feast and show is the best way to do just that as you indulge in tagines, cous cous and lip smacking desserts that guarantee you'll be rolling out of there but travellers, the night is young!
5 - The intoxicating beauty and mayhem of Marrakech should have us well and truly hooked on all things Morocco. This morning it is time to say goodbye to your new travel squad and plan then next great adventure!
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 09 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.