Cotswolds and Cathedrals Self Drive, 9 Days
The accommodationDay 1 Drive from London to Bath (184km)
Departing London, travel west to the stunning UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath. The city oozes Georgian opulence with grand regency architecture, sweeping terraces and cobbled market places. Architectural highlights include the Elizabethan Abbey, the Royal Crescent and the romantic Pulteney Bridge as well as several quality museums and. Round off your day with a visit to the cities magnificently preserved Roman Temple and Baths. Outside of the city you visit the nearby village of Lacock, a picture-perfect historic village, and Lacock Abbey, which were used in TV and film productions of Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter.
Stay 2 nights at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery Collection.Day 2 Drive from Bath to Cheltenham, (61km)
Passing north, make your way in to the heart of the Cotswolds, which will be your base for the next two days. Explore Stratford-upon-Avon, a picturesque, medieval town of Tudor timberwork buildings, open greens and boats bobbing on the river Avon and a wealth of heritage sites dedicated to the towns most famous resident William Shakespeare. Explore heritage sites including Shakespeare's Birthplace, Anne Hathaway's Cottage and Mary Arden's Farm.
Stay 2 nights at Strozzi Palace by Mansley , Cheltenham.Day 4 Drive from Cheltenham to Oxford (68km)
Outside of Cherltenham you can explore the quintessential countryside of the Cotswolds including quaint and eccentric chocolate-box villages such as Broadway, Moreton-in-Marsh and Stow-on-the-Wold. Stunning sites you can visit include the 13th century Cistercian Hailes Abbey and the medieval manor at Sudely Castle, linked to King Henry VIII and 2 of his wives. The University town of Oxford and Churchill's magnificent baroque mansion at Blenheim Palace are also within driving distance.
Stay 2 nights at the Jurys Inn Oxford.Day 6 Drive from Oxford to Cambridge (136km)
Visit the glorious university city of Cambridge where you can explore labyrinthine cobbled parades and squares and marvel at the intricate architecture of world-renowned colleges including Kings College, Trinity College and Christs College. Take a stroll along the Backs, extensive parklands behind the university or take a punt on the river with one of the resident students. You may choose to visit the Cambridge American Cemetery just west of the city, the nearby Duxford Imperial War Museum before continuing..
Stay 2 nights at the Your Space Apartments - Eden House, Cambridge.Day 8 Drive from Cambridge to London (107km)
Returning to London.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..