Lyon and Provence Bike and Boat, 8 Days
1 July - 31 October 2020.
8 Days trip departing France.
7 Nights accommodation in a twin share berth in a Soleil Suite with ensuite facilities on a category A+ barge (small supplement applies for cabin upgrade or single cabin).
7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunch Packs and 6 Dinners.
House wine, regular beer and soft drinks with dinner.
Free water available 24/7Captains greeting and welcome cocktail.
Coffee and tea.
Daily afternoon cake.
A facilitator for the self-guided departures.
GPS routes available.
24 speed hybrid bike with panniers and GPS (electric bikes available on most trips).
Port and lock fees.
City walk in Lyon and Avignon.
City tours on GPS for the towns visited during the bike tours.
Route book in English with extra information about sights and side trips during the bike tours (1 per cabin).
Water bottle for on the bike.
The Rhone River holds an important place in French history as a trade route connecting many of France's most important cities and subsequently the many smaller villages that were built alongside it. Today, the cultural and architectural legacy of this period can still be found in many places along the river and the region is ideally discovered by bike and aboard a comfortable river boat. Beginning in the culinary capital of Lyon your journey along sections of the Rhone Cycle Route to Provence will be lined in part with lush vineyards and fragrant orchards. The historic remnants make this section of the Rhone River so special including the splendid cathedrals and relics from Roman times reminding us of an important era long ago. During the ride you can also marvel at cultural treasures such as the large Roman theatre in Vienne, or the architecturally outstanding museum of the Confluences in Lyon. Based onboard the premium category MS Provence river boat, there is ample time to relax on the sundeck, explore delightful Provencal villages on foot and sample the famous wine and cuisine of this special pocket of France. Cycle and cruise the Rhone Valley from the historic city of Lyon to Van Gogh's Arles in Provence.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.