Taste of Tasmania Cruise
Day 1 - Adelaide Since the first governor proclaimed a new settlement from under a gum tree in 1836, Adelaide has come on in leaps and bounds. Perhaps the most significant arrivals, at least in terms of current prosperity, were the central European immigrants who brought wine making skills to the Barossa Valley – a visit is highly recommended! Adelaide itself has much to recommend it including the cathedrals of St Peter and St Francis Xavier and the fine cultural centre.
Day 2 - At Sea
Day 3 - Melbourne Make sure there’s room in your suitcase and get the cards and cash ready because Melbourne is the place for all the latest fashions, accessories, and fine produce. Around every corner are trendy, hidden bars, cafes and restaurants purveying fine food and beverages inspired by a diversity of cultures. Take time out with a stroll through the lovely Fitzroy Gardens or a scenic cruise up the Yarra River. In Melbourne, you might actually shop until you drop.
Day 4 - At Sea
Day 5 - Hobart Australia's island state, Tasmania, is home to Hobart. Hobart is Australia's second oldest city and was founded in 1804. It is nestled between the Derwent estuary and harbor, one of the world's finest deepwater harbors, at the base of Mt. Wellington, which rises 3,600 feet from the sea. The port initially grew with the arrival of settlers and convicts and it later flourished as a whaling town. Today, it is a busy commercial port for the export of newsprint and timber and it is also the finishing point for the popular Sydney to Hobart yacht race. Hobart is a picturesque little town offering visitors many interesting sites including the restored areas of Battery Point and Salamanca Place. The environs also offer excellent sightseeing including historic Richmond, Bonorong Wildlife Park, and Port Arthur. General Information Ship berths alongside at Princess #2 off of Salamanca Place, Castray Esplanade Points of Interest: Renovated National Trust Houses (90 of them, many on Macquarie and Davey Streets) and, a cruise up the Derwent River to New Norfolk.
Day 6 - At Sea
Day 7 - Kangaroo Island Australia’s third largest island, Kangaroo Island is home to thriving wildlife and a community that prides itself on producing gourmet food. Choose from our Shore Tours^ and sample the culinary and natural delights of this exceptionally diverse island. Feast on local honey, cheese, olive oil, wine, and freshwater crayfish. Watch Australia’s largest colony of sea lions at play and see penguins march back to their burrows at twilight. Immerse yourself in history with a tour of South Australia’s oldest lighthouse, Cape Willoughby, and visit Vivonne Bay, rated by Sydney University as the best beach in Australia.
Day 8 - Adelaide Since the first governor proclaimed a new settlement from under a gum tree in 1836, Adelaide has come on in leaps and bounds. Perhaps the most significant arrivals, at least in terms of current prosperity, were the central European immigrants who brought wine making skills to the Barossa Valley – a visit is highly recommended! Adelaide itself has much to recommend it including the cathedrals of St Peter and St Francis Xavier and the fine cultural centre.
Don’t miss your chance to see the Pacific Aria before it leaves the P&O fleet in April 2021. A cruise aboard the opulent Pacific Aria is an excellent choice for anyone wishing to explore Australian waters or simply have a sea break on a stylish, contemporary Australian cruise ship.
Let your troubles float away on Pacific Aria. Dig in with sixteen dining experiences, catch a movie at the Premium Cinema and swim in the top deck pool – it’s open no matter the weather thanks to a climate controlled retractable roof! Head to the Blue Room for live music all day (and all night) long. With everything from Blues to RnB, jazz and funk, this isn’t your typical cruise music. It’s the perfect venue for a nightcap after one of our brand new production shows or themed parties. The Dome: Let our resident DJs help you dance the night away. They know just how to get the party started so make sure you wear the right shoes to burn a hole in the dance floor. Salt Grill: Australia’s first celebrity chef restaurant at sea offers a truly unforgettable dining experience that’s sure to be a highlight of your holiday. Angelo’s: Welcome to classy upscale Italian dining with modern charm. Enjoy la dolce vita and indulge in a dinner to remember. Dragon Lady: Be seduced by the mysterious setting and exotic spices at our Pan-Asian restaurant Dragon Lady.
Looking to get aboard the Pacific Aria before? Talk to a Flight Centre Cruise Expert today on 13 70 79 or get in touch via an enquiry form
The above information has been obtained from the relevant suppliers and should be considered an indicative guide only as to the prices that may be available for these products. Flight Centre cannot guarantee that any particular product will still be available at the following prices, or for your exact dates of travel. At the time of making your booking, prices may differ to that price displayed on this website. Please contact a Flight Centre travel consultant to obtain the latest up to date information regarding applicable prices, fees and charges, taxes, availability, any blackout dates (such as school holidays), seasonal surcharges and other terms and conditions which may apply.
- *Fares are cruise only, per person in AUD in a complete quad or twin room based on lead categories at publication date (27 Nov 2019), inclusive of all discounts, charges and taxes (which are subject to change). Campaign commences 27 Nov 2019 and ends 25 Feb 2020. Advertised fares are available until allocation is exhausted and may fluctuate during the campaign period. Campaign offers only available on P&O's Value and Value Plus fare types only. Valid for new bookings and not combinable with any other offer. Supplements apply for other room categories. Some oceanview rooms have obstructed views. Fare based on specified departure dates. Different fares apply to other dates listed. AU$1* deposit per person is non-refundable and deposit conditions differ from the standard P&O Booking and Travel Conditions. Offer applies to cruises departing from 11 February 2020 booked at least 76 days prior to departure. Pay AU$1* per person deposit upfront and the remainder of the standard adult deposit amount for all passengers, including children as follows : for cruises departing between 22 June 2020 and 15 Aug 2020, 95 2018 Symantec Corporation. All Rights Reserved. days prior to departure; for cruises departing between 16 Aug and 14 Sep 2020, 150 days prior to departure; for cruises departing between 15 Sep 2020 and 23 Nov 2020, 180 days prior to departure; and for cruises departing after 23 Nov 2020, 250 days prior to departure. For cruises departing between 11 Feb and 21 Jun 2020, remainder of deposit and final payment for cruise due 75 days before departure. Full payment is required for sailings booked within 75 days of departure. Standard cancellation and refunds conditions apply as per Booking and Travel Conditions. *Onboard Spending Money is per room in AUD. Amount varies by room type and itinerary duration as specified, and is applied to the first 2 guests only in a room. Onboard Spending Money expires at the conclusion of your cruise, is not transferable, not redeemable for cash and cannot be used at the casino. For P&O Short Breaks, if your cruise is unable to visit the destination on its itinerary because of an unforeseen circumstance such as weather, civil unrest or a mechanical issue, we will endeavour to visit an alternative destination deemed safe by the Captain. To be read in conjunction with the P&O Cruises Australia Booking and Passage Conditions available at https://www.pocruises.com.au/plan/how-to-book/book-travel-conditions which passengers will be bound by. Whilst all information is correct at time of publication, offers are subject to change or withdrawal. Carnival plc trading as P&O Cruises Australia. ABN 23 107 998 443.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..