Discover Wales Tour, 5 Days
2 May 2020 - 30 June 2020
4 nights B&B accommodation.
Transportation by a top of the range 16 seat Mercedes mini-coach.
Air Conditioning as standard.
Services of a professional Rabbie's driver/guide.
Day 1 London to Aberystwyth. You leave London and travel west to the rolling hills of the Cotswolds. This area of outstanding natural beauty boasts Englands prettiest historic villages. Your friendly driver-guide ensures you get the best photos and hear the most fascinating local tales. Your first stop in Wales is Hay-on-Wye, the town of books, nestled just to the north of the Brecon Beacons National Park. The route then leads to the beautiful Elan Valley and up into the Cambrian Mountains. From there, its an hour or so to the beautiful seaside town and cultural centre of Aberystwyth, where you spend the next two nights.
Day 2 Aberystwyth. Travel north into the mountainous Snowdonia National Park. You visit the beautiful village of Beddgelert, where you can see the grave of Gelert, the legendary dog. Later you travel to Harlech Castle. Built by King Edward I during his conquest of Wales nearly 800 years ago, this mighty fortress still stands overlooking the peaks of Snowdonia and the sea. After a fulfilling day in the mountains you return to Aberystwyth in late afternoon.
Day 3 Aberystwyth to Tenby. Leaving Aberystwyth, you travel around the coast of Cardigan Bay through the quaint town of Aberaeron, and to New Quay. A sumptuous sandy harbour, white washed houses, and connections to Dylan Thomas: this town is one of the most picturesque and interesting little towns in Britain. Whats more, is you may be lucky enough to spot dolphins and whales. You then go inland to explore the Dinefwr Estate and its ruined castle before heading for Waless south coast to visit Laugharne, where Dylan Thomas lived for the last few years of his life and wrote the famousplay Under Milk Wood. From here, its a short distance to Tenby, the small, charming seaside town thatll be your base for two nights.
Day 4 Tenby. Our last full day in Wales is spent exploring the extreme south-west. You see some of Britains most gorgeous coastlines at the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. This region is stunning and was the birthplace of both the patron saint of Wales, and the Twdyr (anglicised to Tudor) royal dynasty. You travel to the tiny cathedral city of St Davids for lunch and time for exploration, and you stop in the county town of Pembroke, where you can enter the thick medieval walls of the castle. From here we return once more to Tenby for a relaxed evening.
Day 5 Tenby to London. Leaving Tenby in the morning, you begin your return journey to London. You travel past the big industrial cities of South Wales for a visit to the outdoor National Museum of History at St Fagans (public transport is available from the museum to central Cardiff or anyone who wishes to leave the tour at this point). Next you head 2,000 years back in time with a stop at the remarkably well-preserved Roman fortress at Caerleon. From here, its time to say goodbye to Wales. You take the Severn Crossing back into England, where you have one final break at Castle Combe. This gorgeous Cotswold village is perfect for a relaxed stroll amongst 16th century ironstone cottages. From here, you head back to central London.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 March 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..