Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
With a network of underground galleries and catacombs, the convent has a colonial era cemetery built underneath it. Tour guides estimate that there were 75,000 bodies buried in the cemetery, and as such a catacomb tour is not for the squeamish. See Plaza de Armas, surrounded by important buildings like the Government Palace, Archbishops House, Cathedral and City Hall.
Take a walk up Juron de la Union to San Martin Square, inaugurated in 1921 in celebration of the 100th anniversary of Peru's independence or visit the Larco Musuem which is home to the world's oldest private collection of pre-Columbian art including the famous erotic ceramics. Barranco is the arty and bohemian neighbourhood of Lima and was the place to be in the 19th century. The relaxed area still remains popular day with bars and restaurants, and views of the water lining the streets.
Mingle with the locals at Barranco in the evening or enjoy a relaxing stroll along the water in the afternoon.
Lima Airport (LIM)
Flights from Australia to Lima will disembark at Jorge Chávez International Airport.
Lima's main airport, the Jorge Chávez International Airport (LIM) is located in Callao, north west of the historic heart and Miraflores. In 2010 the airport was awarded the Best Airport in South America by the UK based consultancy firm, Skytrax.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Jorge Chávez International Airport. Book your Lima Airport accommodation.
Getting to Lima
There are several airlines that offer flights to Lima from Australia. Flights from Sydney via Santiago take around 19 hours and 30 minutes. Flights from Melbourne and Brisbane via Sydney and Santiago take around 22 hours depending on the stopovers. Flights from Perth via Sydney and Santiago take around 30 hours depending on the stopovers.
Airlines that fly to Lima
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Lima from Australia include:
For more information on Lima holidays check out our Lima travel guide.
For flights to Lima from Cairns, give our experienced travel consultants a call.