Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
This royal necropolis is home to several important pyramids, two of which – the Bent Pyramid and the Red Pyramid – are comparable to those of Giza in terms of age, size and preservation.
The Bent Pyramid is one of two pyramids built by Pharaoh Sneferu around 2600 BC, making it older than any of the Pyramids of Giza. It is instantly recognisable due to its shape, which consists of two distinct sections. The bottom section, with an incline of 54 degrees, is noticeably steeper than the top section, which rises at an angle of about 43 degrees. Journey to Dahshur early in the day and there's a good chance you'll have this fascinating pyramid to yourself for the morning. If you prefer a more educational pyramid experience, many Cairo tours include a trip to Dahshur in their itineraries.
The other Sneferu pyramid at Dahshur is the Red Pyramid, believed to be the world's oldest flat-faced pyramid. It earns its name by the slightly red hue of its stones, setting it apart from most other pyramids in Egypt. You can walk right into the centre of the Red Pyramid and experience this amazing structure from the inside.
Cairo Airport (CAI)
Flights from Australia to Cairo will disembark at Cairo International Airport.
Cairo International Airport (CAI) is located at the crossroads of Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Persian Gulf. The airport is the busiest in Egypt and has three terminals, one of which is undergoing construction and is expected to re-open in 2013.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Cairo International Airport. Book your Cairo Airport accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Cairo
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Cairo from Australia include:
For more information on Cairo holidays check out our Cairo travel guide.