Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
While many consider Port Moresby to be a mere stopover, those who stay a little longer in the capital city will be glad they did. One of the city's biggest highlights is the Botanical Gardens. More than just a garden, the area is also home to a bird sanctuary and aviary where you can spy cassowaries, birds of paradise, hornbills and other native birds. Keep an eye out for the tree kangaroos that also roam the gardens.
Back in the city, Port Moresby's Royal Papua Yacht Club combines history with ocean views. Founded in 1921, the yacht club prides itself on being friendly, and has an onsite restaurant that overlooks the marina.
Port Moresby Airport (POM)
Flights from Australia to Port Moresby will disembark at Jacksons International Airport.
Jacksons International Airport (POM) is located 8 kilometres outside Port Moresby. It is the largest and busiest airport in Papua New Guinea and is the main hub for Air Niugini, the national airline of Papua New Guinea.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Jacksons International Airport. Book your Port Moresby Airport accommodation.
Getting to Port Moresby
There are several airlines that offer flights to Port Moresby from Australia. Direct flights from Brisbane take three hours and 10 minutes. Direct flights from Cairns take one hour and 40 minutes. Flights from Sydney via Brisbane take around seven hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Melbourne via Brisbane take around seven hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Cairns take around eight hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Port Moresby
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Port Moresby from Australia include:
For more information on Port Moresby holidays check out our Port Moresby travel guide.