Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Crowne Plaza Hotel
This airport property is located next to Bayside Park overlooking the San Francisco Bay. Business and leisure travellers can emjoy free shuttle service to the San Francisco Airport and BART station. Take advantage of free Wi-Fi, indoor heated swimming pool, hot tub, 24-Hour Fitness Center, hair s...
Travel Dates: Selected travel dates 2 May - 15 June 2018.
After much conjecture, construction began on the bridge over the golden gates in January 1933 and completed in April 1937 at a cost of around US$34 million. At that time, the bridge was the longest suspension bridge in the world spanning 1,280.2 metres. The famous colour, orange vermillion, was selected by architect Irving Morrow because of the way it blends into the environs and increases visibility during times of fog.
There are walkways on either side of the bridge. The main walkway is on the eastern side, facing into America, while the western side facing the Pacific is open to pedestrians on the weekend. There are many companies hiring bikes to keen cyclists determined to cross the icon using pedal power. The trip isn't as easy as it sounds, because the wind gusts can be substantial.
The other main bridge of San Francisco is the Bay Bridge that links the city with Oakland.
San Francisco Airport (SFO)
Flights from Australia to San Francisco will disembark at San Francisco International Airport.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is situated south of the city. The airport opened in 1927 and was awarded Best International Airport in 2008 by Skytrax.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to San Francisco International Airport. Book your San Francisco Airport accommodation.
Getting to San Francisco
There are many airlines that offer flights to San Francisco from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take around 13 hours and 30 minutes. Flights from Melbourne via Auckland or Los Angeles take between 19 and 24 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Sydney take between 19 and 20 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Honolulu or Los Angeles take between 19 and 22 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to San Francisco
Airlines that offer cheap flights to San Francisco from Australia include:
For more on San Francisco holidays check out our San Francisco travel guide or view our range of San Francisco holiday packages that include flights, accommodation and often other extras like tours or car hire.