Flight Centre Kids Travel Talks Hashtag Competition
- The promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group trading as Flight Centre ABN 25 003 377 188 ACN 003 377 188 of Southpoint, 275 Grey Street, Southbank, QLD 4101 (“Promoter”).
Conditions of Entry
- Information about the Prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 5 years or older, who enter the promotion in the required manner as stated in these terms and conditions ("Eligible Entrants").
- Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these terms and conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this promotion (or collecting or accepting any prize the subject of this promotion).
- Employees of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, its related bodies corporate, suppliers, agencies, licensees and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of Promotion Period
- The promotion will commence at 12:00pm AEST on [Monday 14 November 2022] and will continue until 11:59pm AEST on [Monday 28 November 2022] ("Promotion Period").
How to Enter
- Eligible Entrants may enter the competition by meeting the following criteria:
- Persons must go to https://www.instagram.com/flightcentreau/ or https://www.facebook.com/flightcentreAU and complete entry as per instructions to go in the draw.
- Persons must subscribe to Flight Centre on YouTube as per instructions to go in the draw. Persons will be required to provide proof that they are subscribed to Flight Centre on YouTube
- Persons must comment on the post as per instructions to go into the draw
- Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of the Prize Winner selection.
- Maximum one (1) entry per Eligible Entrant.
- Entries received will be considered final by the Promoters. Entries which are incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, illegible, inappropriate, offensive or incomprehensible or which infringe intellectual property rights will be deemed invalid.
- Entries must be received by the Promoters during the Promotion Period. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Individuals submitting answers of a child that is not their own must have permission of the child’s parent or guardian to enter them in the promotion,
- Any costs associated with accessing the promotion are the responsibility of each entrant and are dependent on the Internet Service Provider used.
- When entrants enter the competition, they are agreeing to receive email marketing from the Promoter.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
- If the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize Winner with the nominated Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative Prize of similar monetary value, subject to any direction of a lottery authority.
- If the Prize Winner does not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide the Prize Winner with a substitute Prize.
Selection of Prize Winner
- There will be one prize winners (“Prize Winners”).
- The Prize(s) will be selected by a random computer generated draw from all eligible entries.
- The Prize Winner(s) will be selected at 1:00pm AEST on [Monday 28 November 2022] and the draw will take place at Southpoint, 275 Grey Street, Southbank, QLD 4101.
- The Prize Winner will be notified via Instagram or Facebook (using the contact details for the Prize Winner in the Promoter’s records) the same time and day of the Prize Draw and will be requested to email: email@example.com
- The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the Prize Draw.
- If a Prize Winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardian on the Prize Winner’s behalf.
- The Prize Winner will have until 11:59am AEST on [Monday 12 December 2022] to claim the Prize.
- If any Prize has not been claimed by the Prize Winner by, an Unclaimed Prize Draw for the Unclaimed Prize will occur at 1:00pm AEST on [Monday 12 December 2022] ("Unclaimed Prize Draw").
- The winner of the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified via phone and email (using the contact details for the winner of the Unclaimed Prize Draw in the Promoter’s records) the same time and day of the Unclaimed Prize Draw.
- The Promoter can accept no responsibility for entries delayed, misdirected or undelivered. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promoter shall not be responsible for technical errors in telecommunications networks, Internet access or otherwise preventing entry to any competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the competition and withhold the Prize in the event that, in the Promoter's opinion, there are insufficient entries for the Promoter to be able to select a Prize Winner or where, in the Promoter’s opinion, improper conduct by an entrant (or any number of them) has rendered the competition unfair to all entrants. The Promoter’s decision is final with respect to any aspect of the competition, including the determination of any Prize Winner. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize is AUD$500 Flight Centre Gift Card.
- The total Prize value for this promotion is AUD$500.
- The Prize is only redeemable at Flight Centre stores in Australia, not redeemable online.
- The Prize Winners must take the Prize as offered. The Prize is not transferable, redeemable, refundable, and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The prizes and booking of the prizes are subject to the standard booking terms and conditions of The Promoter and the airline’s conditions of carriage (if applicable).
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does consist of anything other than expressly set out in the conditions above. All fees and expenses related to delivery, acceptance and use of the Prize are solely the responsibility of the Winner and/or their guest(s), as applicable. Specifically, the Prize does not include domestic transfers, visas, passports, travel insurance, taxes, bag check fees, excess baggage fees, parking fees, additional excursions/tours, optional activities, laundry service, freight tipping, extension of stay, additional meals, alcoholic beverages, phone charges, merchandise, gratuities, souvenirs, spending money, additional passengers, or any other items not specified in the Prize details.
- Any passes, tickets or vouchers issued as part of the prizes are subject to prevailing terms and conditions of use and any tickets or passes are only valid for the use within the standard duration on the passes or tickets issues or the duration of the prize, whichever is earlier.
- The Prize is subject to the additional terms and conditions (including without limitation conditions of carriage, activity waivers, and conditions and additional charges (as applicable) in relation to optional and included activities) of the Promoter and its suppliers and the Prize Winner and their guest(s) shall enter into all necessary contracts and paperwork directly with the Promoter as by the Promoter shall require. The Prize Winner’s recourse shall be against the Promoter only, with respect to the terms and conditions and legal documentation stipulated in these conditions.
- If a Prize Winner elects to travel or participate in the Prize with no guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the Prize Winner.
- If due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter is unable to provide the stated Prize to a Prize Winner (for reasons other than the Prize Winner and their guest(s) being unable and/or unavailable to use the Prize), the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal value or greater value.
- The Prize Winner consents to the use of their name, their child’s name, suburb of residence, image and social media name or handle for promotional and marketing purposes. The personal information of the Prize Winner and their travel companion(s) (if applicable) may be provided to others assisting, including Prize suppliers and deliverers, and to authorities that regulate this promotion.
- All entrants who submit any entry to the Promoter: (a) grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the entry material and all other material provided by the entrant to the Promoter pursuant to this promotion at any time; and (b) represent and warrant that the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these terms and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and (c) indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with any social media channel.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Meta (Facebook and Instagram) or YouTube.
- By entering this competition entrants agree to allow the Promoter to repost their entry/submission on the Promoter’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin, Google+ and Pinterest accounts, the Promoter’s website and blog within the Promoter’s electronic direct mail (eDM) communication pieces.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
- inaccurate/incorrect transcription of entry information;
- purported entries that are not received for any reason, including because they are lost, misdirected or stolen, or that are received, but are late, illegible, incomplete, sent with insufficient postage (where entry is by post), or sent other than as directed in the entry instructions;
- any problems or technical failures of any kind, including malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or network, servers or providers, computer equipment, or software;
- the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website;
- unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition;
- electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition;
- any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
- any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the entrant’s or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading any materials in this competition.
- The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during participation in the promotion or use of the Prize, except to the extent directly caused by the Promoter's negligence. If requested by The Promoter, the Prize Winner(s), and his or her guests, must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a Prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities may result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winner.
This above conditions do not affect, and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the Prize supplied again.