Christmas Land of the Northern Lights - 5 Days
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
4 nights simple hotel and Cottage Accommodation.
Arrival and Departure Transfer with FlyBus from Keflavik Airport.
Services of an English Speaking Icelandic Guide.
Transportation in heated coaches with free Wi-Fi on board.
Entrance with towel into the Blue Lagoon.
Entrance into Skogar folk museum and turf houses.
Use of winter and Northern lights explorer equipment simple non-slip snow and ice grippers spikes for shoes and a flash light that is helpful when walking in the dark and operating a photo camera at night.
This tour is operated in conjunction with our trusted partner and you will join travellers from different operators, not solely On The Go.
The sightseeing group may vary in size from 10 - 40 persons.
4-course festive dinner on the 24 December.
Fine dining experience on the 26th of December including transfers.
Day 1 - Reykjavik Reykjavik. Welcome to Iceland and the start of your Northern Lights adventure! Your transfer to your accommodation is by Flybus shuttle. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
Day 2 - The Blue Lagoon Reykjavik - Reykjanes Peninsula - Blue Lagoon - Hella. This morning you meet your tour guide who shows the group some of the highlights of Iceland's capital. Then we head out to the Reykjanes peninsula famous for hot springs, picturesque mountains, bird cliffs, light houses and quaint fishing villages. Later on we get to relax in the warm blue waters of the famous Blue Lagoon
This evening we celebrate Christmas the Icelandic way, we start the evening by heading to the villages of Hvolsvöllur and Hella to witness their traditional Christmas lights. In Iceland this is a tradition that dates back to the middle ages when people would would keep fires burning inside the central pit of the Viking longhouses in order to keep the darkness of the Winter Solstice out. We then enjoy a sumptuous 4 course Christmas dinner and a glass of sparkling wine to celebrate this evening with any luck you might also see the northern lights.
Day 3 - Hella Hella - Eyjafjallajokull - Skogafoss - Black Lava Beach - Hella. Today we travel along the South coast and visit the active volcano that is beneath the Eyjafjallajökull glacier. We travel on to the high but narrow Seljalandsfoss waterfall, which plunges down from the mountain, and then visit the Skógar folk museum, which contains an outstanding collection of farm and domestic artefacts. Nearby is one of the most impressive waterfalls in the country; the 60-meter high Skógafoss waterfall.
This afternoon the tour continues further south where you can stroll on the black lava beach to see the amazing bird cliffs at Reynisfjara near Vík.
Day 4 - Seljalandsfoss Hella - Golden Circle - Reykjavik. This morning we visit the Geysir geothermal fields where there is a variety of hot springs and bubbling pools. The original geyser is now dormant but has been replaced by Strokkur "the Churn" which erupts at 5-10 minute intervals. Continuing on to Gullfoss "the golden falls", a double waterfall that tumbles 34 meters into the Hvita River. Next we travel inland to Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site before returning to Reykjavik for one night. This evening we return to Reykjavik for a dining experience which includes some local Icelandic cuisine.
Day 5 - Reykjavik Today our Northern Lights Icelandic experience comes to an end with included FlyBus transfer to Keflavik Airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans