New Caledonia Melanesian Village Hike
From 06/05/2024 to 04/10/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Mon 06 2024 to May Sat 11 2024AvailableFrom$3,350*
Jun Mon 24 2024 to Jun Sat 29 2024AvailableFrom$3,350*
Jul Mon 22 2024 to Jul Sat 27 2024AvailableFrom$3,350*
Aug Mon 19 2024 to Aug Sat 24 2024AvailableFrom$3,350*
Sep Mon 16 2024 to Sep Sat 21 2024AvailableFrom$3,350*
Sep Mon 30 2024 to Oct Sat 05 2024AvailableFrom$3,350*
Get off the well trodden tourist trail and walk the GR North Track of New Caledonia (GR NORD).
Trek through a variety of diverse landscapes on this 4 day trek.
See amazing diversity of flora and fauna endemic to the tropical climes.
Learn about the local Kanak culture and village life you will encounter along the trail.
5 breakfasts, 6 picnic lunches and 5 dinners5 nights fully supported camping in kanak villages on a multi-share basis with shared ablution facilitiesProfessional local guide and support staffPrivate transportationSightseeing as listed in itineraryTrack feesMedical kitDuring the trip you will be accommodated in a traditional kanak hut with basic comforts (1 hut for 6-8 people, with sleeping mattress on the floor), and basic shared ablutions for the group (1 shower/toilet).
Single tents may be available for hire - ask us for details.
Group Size: 6 - 12.
Be a part of the first commercial groups to walk the unusually biodiverse GR North Track of New Caledonia (GR NORD) which is off the beaten path and far away from the cruise ships and tourist resorts. Driving from the capital of Noumea through the great plains of the West Coast cowboy country, this is in complete contrast to the tropical rainforests of the East Coast where our trek commences. The GR North Track provides a wonderful variety of landscapes, endemic plant species and birdlife, plus an opportunity for cultural encounters, and has everything that the avid hiker who loves nature, open spaces and genuine interactions could desire. We stay in different villages each night and learn about the local way of life and listen to their stories whilst sharing a traditional meal. Whilst the kanak hut accommodation is basic, you will be warmly welcomed and receive the best hospitality. Escorted by an expert guide, the terrain is physically challenging and interesting, and only requires a day pack.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans