Captivating Kerala - 7 Days
From 2022-11-19 to 2023-12-16
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Nov Sat 19 2022 to Nov Fri 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,505*
Dec Sat 17 2022 to Dec Fri 23 2022AvailableFrom$1,505*
Jan Sat 21 2023 to Jan Fri 27 2023AvailableFrom$1,505*
Feb Sat 18 2023 to Feb Fri 24 2023AvailableFrom$1,505*
Mar Sat 11 2023 to Mar Fri 17 2023AvailableFrom$1,505*
Apr Sat 15 2023 to Apr Fri 21 2023AvailableFrom$1,505*
Apr Sat 29 2023 to May Fri 05 2023AvailableFrom$1,505*
May Sat 13 2023 to May Fri 19 2023AvailableFrom$1,505*
Breakfast daily, 1 lunch and 2 dinners.
5 nights 3-4 star and heritage hotels and 1 night deluxe houseboat.
Guided sightseeing - Kochi, Fort Kochi and Munnar tea plantation .
Traditional Kathakali Dance Show in Kochi (entrance fee excluded).
Houseboat cruise along the Keralan backwaters.
Escorted by an English-speaking Indian tour guide (for groups of 6 or more).
Services of English-speaking Indian specialist guides at some sites .
Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 7.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private A/C vehicles.
Day 1 - Kochi Saturday. Welcome to India! You’ll be met at the airport and transferred to our hotel for a Welcome meeting at 14:00 - where you'll meet your guide and fellow group members. This evening be mesmerised by a traditional Kathakali dance performance. Be prepared for vibrant costumes, make-up, facemasks, lively dancing and a show of a lifetime.
Day 2-3 - Munnar Kochi - Munnar. On the morning of day 2 we enjoy a guided tour of the Fort Kochi neighbourhood. Examine intricate Chinese fishing nets and wander the winding streets of the old town. We immerse ourselves in local culture with a visit to the European-influenced St Francis Church, the Parsi Synagogue and a Dutch palace. After the tour we continue to Munnar - a town and hill station nestled in beautiful scenery and surrounded by tea plantations.
On day 3 we take a guided walk through one of these tea plantations and visit a local market, before the rest of the day is free to explore. Perhaps pay a visit to the stunning Eravikulam National Park (closed Jan - Mar). The park is home to endangered species including tigers, sambar deer and the Nilgiri Ibex - found only in this part of the world.
Day 4 - Kerala backwaters Munnar - Alleppey - Kerala Backwaters. We begin today with 4-5 hour drive to Alleppey packed with scenic views, before boarding our private rice boat for a cruise along the Kerala Backwaters, a chain of lakes and lagoons running parallel to the Arabian Sea coast. Witness a sensational sunset over the local villages and palm trees kissing the shore as we set sail. Relax as the onboard chef cooks you a delicious dinner from outrageously fresh local produce. Tuck in!
Day 5-6 - Kumarakom Kerala Backwaters - Kumarakom. On the morning of day 5 we disembark the rice boat at Kumarakom, built on a cluster of islands in Lake Vembanad - one of Asia’s largest freshwater lakes. Enjoy two days at leisure in this vibrant region and watch as local fishermen go to work in their small vallams (fishing boats). The nearby Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is also worth a visit - it’s home to many species and is an important stopover for migratory birds, including the critically endangered Siberian Crane.
Day 7 - Kochi Kumarakom - Kochi. Friday. This morning we return to Kochi, where our tour ends with a departure transfer to the airport.
Please note: Flights from Kochi should depart after 2pm. We are also able to book post tour accommodation upon request, please contact us for further details.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans