Patagonia: Torres del Paine Classic W Trek
From 07/04/2024 to 02/01/2026
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Sun 07 2024 to Apr Fri 12 2024AvailableFrom$3,689*
Oct Sun 06 2024 to Oct Fri 11 2024AvailableFrom$4,215*
Oct Sun 20 2024 to Oct Fri 25 2024AvailableFrom$4,215*
Oct Sun 27 2024 to Nov Fri 01 2024AvailableFrom$4,255*
Nov Sun 10 2024 to Nov Fri 15 2024AvailableFrom$4,385*
Nov Sun 17 2024 to Nov Fri 22 2024AvailableFrom$4,385*
Nov Sun 24 2024 to Nov Fri 29 2024AvailableFrom$4,385*
Dec Sun 01 2024 to Dec Fri 06 2024AvailableFrom$4,385*
Dec Sun 08 2024 to Dec Fri 13 2024AvailableFrom$4,385*
Dec Sun 22 2024 to Dec Fri 27 2024AvailableFrom$4,550*
Dec Sun 29 2024 to Jan Fri 03 2025AvailableFrom$4,550*
Jan Sun 05 2025 to Jan Fri 10 2025AvailableFrom$4,385*
Feb Sun 09 2025 to Feb Fri 14 2025AvailableFrom$4,385*
Feb Sun 23 2025 to Feb Fri 28 2025AvailableFrom$4,385*
Immerse yourself in the sheer majesty of Chilean Patagonia – one of the most beautiful landscapes on earth with its vast mountain ranges, glacial lakes, grasslands and beech forests.
Explore French Valley, Lake Grey and the famous Towers of Blue (Torres del Paine) on an actioned-packed multi-day hiking trip.
This part of the world is widely considered one of the best for hiking.
Witness this raw, untamed landscape on a low-altitude trek that takes you through a designated UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve.
Keep your eye out for Andean condors, flamingos and guanacos.
Stay in Refugios with fully serviced kitchens and bathrooms, comfortable beds and all meals taken care of – so you don’t need to worry about anything other than the experience.
Hike the W Trek in Torres del Paine National Park West to East, saving the crown jewel (the three peaks of Torres del Paine) for last.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotel (2 nights),Refugios (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 14.
Full W Trek guided hike West to East.
Paine Grande refuge overnight stay (fully equipped).
Lake Grey boat ride.
Grey Trek guided trek.
French Valley guided trek.
Frances refuge overnight stay (fully equipped).
Central Valley guided trek.
Central refuge overnight stay (fully equipped).
Base Las Torres guided hike.
1 - Puerto Natales Bienvenidos! Welcome to Puerto Natales, in Chilean Patagonia. This port city is famously the gateway to Torres del Paine National Park - the centre of your 6-day hiking trip. Depending on when you arrive, you may want to acquaint yourself with the city on foot, taking in the snow-capped mountainous horizon, or maybe you'll pop into the Municipal Historical Museum in the city centre to brush up on some local history. You're free until 6 pm when there is a welcome meeting with your group. After, you may want to head to a restaurant or bar to get to know your fellow trekkers a little better and taste some classic Patagonian flavours.
2 - Torres del Paine National Park Lake Grey After breakfast at the hotel this morning, you'll take a transfer from the hotel to the Grey Sector of the W Circuit in wild Patagonia. This is the most famous and well-travelled hiking trail in the park because although it can be challenging, the trail can be completed by anyone of any fitness level (as long as you are reasonably active and able to walk long distances). First, take a boat ride from Hotel Grey to the trailhead and explore a landscape, which you will soon trek, from a different perspective. Then, from your starting point, the path is quite flat for the first hour, passing through beech-lined woods and crossing over some small streams. Along the way, you'll have multiple opportunities to see the beautiful Lake Grey, with its electric-blue icebergs that jut from the water like small, otherworldly mountains. As you start to ascend, you'll see a marvellous view of the Grey Glacier in the distance. Along the way, you'll stop for a packed lunch, where you can keep your eye out for the Patagonian fox and the Andean condor. Eventually, make your way downhill once more and reach your accommodation for the night - Refugio Paine Grande. Refugios are backcountry huts or lodges that are along the trail, with full-service kitchens, beds and bathrooms. After a nice warm shower, cap off your first hiking day with a group dinner.
3 - Torres del Paine National Park French Valley After breakfast at your Refugio, you'll embark on a full-day trek through the French Valley. From here, the well-trodden path leads towards the Cuernos of Paine - look! You can see the jagged peaks in the far distance. Passing through woods and over small streams, you'll have a beautiful view of Lake Nordenskjold, and later, the amazing sight of ancient sedimentary rock among the rolling hills. You'll arrive at a rickety-looking hanging bridge, like something out of an Indiana Jones movie (don't worry, it's completely safe). Head on into the French Valley, which if you opt for the full round-trip, will take about 5 hours. Your path is a steady, uphill trail that reaches an altitude of around 900 m. If the weather is clear, the views are spectacular. After traversing rivers and forests of beech trees (or lenga trees), the skyline is dwarfed by towering granite spires and the famed Paine Grande - the highest mountain peak in the park, sitting at 3,050 m above sea level. The return trek (along the breathtaking Lake Nordenskjold) will eventually lead you to your accommodation and dinner spot for the night - Refugio Domos Frances.
4 - Torres del Paine National Park Lake Nordenskjold Fuel up on brekkie this morning and pack up your gear ready for another beautiful day of hiking. Today's trek passes through beech tree woodlands and continues along the northern shore of Lake Nordenskjold, with its amazing dark-blue hues. On your left, the incredibly tall granite spires of Los Cuernos del Paine (The Horns of Blue) impose upon your track. The Horns are one of the distinctive features of the park and part of the overall Paine massif - which is nestled within the heart of the southern Andes. Along today's trail, look out for grazing guanacos, swooping eagles, Magellanic ducks and the diverse flora of the area. On the lake, you may even see black-necked swans and pink flamingos! Today's hike will come with a fair few rolling hills and potentially steep climbs, but after every incline, you'll be met with stunning scenery that reminds you why you're there. Tonight, you'll arrive at Refugio Torre Central where you'll enjoy a group dinner and a restful night's sleep under the stars.
5 - Torres del Paine National Park Base Las Torres Arise nice and early and fuel up on brekkie, ready for your last full day of trekking this spectacular trail. As this is your last day in the park, it's a good idea to remind yourself to be present, taking in all the majestic beauty of the area and the friendly faces who have been by your side along the way. Once you turn the final bend of today's hike, you'll witness the spectacle of the giant towers of Torres del Paine (Towers of Blue) - the gem of the park. This trail follows the W Circuit backwards, meaning you'll finish your trip off with the highlight of this incredible view. Take a moment to appreciate the massive vertical structures with the reflective milky-blue lake at the base. You'll have about half an hour to relax and take photos, have some lunch and enjoy the view. This scene is at a high altitude, however, meaning it will be windy and cold. When the time is right (when everyone's noses start to turn pink) turn around and head back the way you came. You'll have the option of stopping off at Refugio Chileno to stretch and refuel. Once past Refugio Chileno, head back to the French Valley and then downhill towards the buildings of Hotel las Torres. It's time to say your goodbyes to the national park! Eventually, you'll reach the ECO Camp, where you'll meet your private transfer back to Puerto Natales.
6 - Puerto Natales This morning after breakfast your trip will come to an end. If you would like to extend your stay, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans