Walk New Zealand's Fiordland National Park
From 07/04/2024 to 02/04/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Sun 07 2024 to Apr Wed 10 2024Sold OutFrom$2,370*
Oct Tue 29 2024 to Nov Fri 01 2024AvailableFrom$2,405*
Nov Tue 12 2024 to Nov Fri 15 2024AvailableFrom$2,500*
Dec Sun 15 2024 to Dec Wed 18 2024AvailableFrom$2,595*
Jan Sun 05 2025 to Jan Wed 08 2025AvailableFrom$2,405*
Jan Sun 19 2025 to Jan Wed 22 2025AvailableFrom$2,405*
Feb Sun 02 2025 to Feb Wed 05 2025AvailableFrom$2,405*
Walk through some of New Zealand’s most beautiful South Island landscapes and enjoy all the included highlights alongside lots of free time, to rest, relax and explore at your own pace.
Enjoy the natural scenery from an e-bike and feel the wind in your hair as you cycle towards the gorgeous Lake Manapouri.
Explore the famed Milford Sound – nicknamed the world’s eighth wonder – by foot and ship.
Hike to the cascades of Giant Gate Falls and then enjoy a small boat cruise on the sound.
Look out for seals and dolphins!.
Take the option to discover the Te Anau Glow Worm Caves by boat and learn all about these fascinating bioluminescent creatures and their ecosystem from a local guide.
Hike to towering summits like Key Summit or Greenstone Valley through surrounding beech forest, rainforest, expansive lakes and rolling hillsides – Middle Earth is calling.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll learn about our Intrepid Foundation partner, Forest & Bird.
Donations help them give nature a voice - protecting wildlife and wild places in Aotearoa New Zealand by advocating for conservation on the ground and at a government level.
Intrepid will double the impact by dollar-matching all post-trip donations made to The Intrepid Foundation.
Breakfasts Included: 3.
Lunches Included: 3.
Hotel (3 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Routeburn Track Hike.
Scenic E-bike ride.
Kepler Track hike.
Milford Track hike.
Milford Sound - Nature Boat Cruise.
1 - Queenstown to Te Anau Kia ora! Welcome to Queenstown, New Zealand. If you arrive in Queenstown with some time to spare, there is no shortage of activities available - from cycling and hiking to dining and sightseeing. Today, your trip starts with a pick-up from Steamer's Wharf at 8 am. Take a private transfer to Te Anau, the centre of your 4-day walking trip and the gateway to Fiordland National Park and Milford Sound. After dropping off your bags and checking in to your accommodation, take a scenic drive on Milford Road, stopping for a few short walks and photo opportunities. Your first walk of the trip is on the Routeburn Track. You'll walk to Key Summit or Greenstone Valley for the next few hours, depending on the group's fitness level and desires. After, return to the accommodation and enjoy a free evening to relax - or join your fellow trekkers for an optional dinner out.
2 - Te Anau After brekkie, you'll jump on an e-bike this morning and take a scenic bike ride to Queens Reach Boat Ramp (approximately 2 hours). From here, you'll take a jet boat to Lake Manapouri - formed 20,000 years ago in the most recent ice age and now known as New Zealand's loveliest lake. Take in the sweeping scenery full of glittering blues and greens, then head out on today's walk on the Kepler Track. Along the way, appreciate the unique mountainous landscape akin to the wonders of Middle Earth and follow the terraces of the Waiau River through red and mountain beech forests. Cross the river on a swing bridge and stop for a packed lunch at Rainbow Reach. Depending on the time and weather we may stop in at Te Punanga O Manu Te Anau Bird Sanctuary to catch a glimpse at some of New Zealand's rare and endangered birds such as the takahe. In the early evening, make your way back to the accommodation.
3 - Te Anau Get up bright and early this morning and prepare to explore one of the most popular spots in all New Zealand - Milford Sound, known locally as Piopiotahi. After breakfast, take a private transfer on the Milford Road to the Milford Track described as "the finest walk in the world". You'll head to Giant Gate Falls from Sandfly Point on a guided hike. Pass through rainforest landscapes, taking in all the sights and smells of the track. You'll pass countless fern species and hear the singsong of New Zealand tuis, bellbirds and kereru. Stop for a packed lunch when you reach the falls, which flow into Lake Ada, destined for the Tasman Sea. This gorgeous sight can be best appreciated on the swing bridge in front of the cascade. After your trek, head to the base of Mitre Peak for a 2-hour boat cruise on Milford Sound - and see why this location was dubbed the 'eighth wonder of the world' by Rudyard Kipling. Look out for bottlenose dolphins and fur seals and bask in the silence of the fiord as you sail past misting cascades, icy peaks, lush rainforest and twisting inlets. Depart the fiord in the late afternoon and return to your accommodation, where your evening is free.
4 - Te Anau to Queenstown After breakfast this morning, you have the option to head to the Te Anau Glow Worm Caves. After a scenic boat ride on Lake Te Anau, you'll sail beneath the bioluminescent worms and learn about this fascinating ecosystem from your local guide. If you'd rather, maybe just explore Te Anau on foot or walk around the lake. You can also catch a water taxi across the lake and take a scenic walk back to town from there (which takes about 3 hours). After, you'll return to Queenstown via a private transfer, where your trip ends.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans