South Korean Express - 7 Days
From 2021-03-21 to 2022-11-06
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sun 21 2021 to Mar Sat 27 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Apr Sun 04 2021 to Apr Sat 10 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Apr Sun 11 2021 to Apr Sat 17 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
May Sun 02 2021 to May Sat 08 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
May Sun 16 2021 to May Sat 22 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
May Sun 30 2021 to Jun Sat 05 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Jun Sun 13 2021 to Jun Sat 19 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Jun Sun 27 2021 to Jul Sat 03 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Jul Sun 04 2021 to Jul Sat 10 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Aug Sun 29 2021 to Sep Sat 04 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Sep Sun 19 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Oct Sun 10 2021 to Oct Sat 16 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Oct Sun 24 2021 to Oct Sat 30 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
6 nights 3 - 4 star hotels.
Escorted by a qualified local tour guide (separate driver and tour guide for groups of 5 or more).
Touring of Seoul, Andong and Gyeongju.
Guided tour of the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone).
A full day coach tour - in conjunction with other tourist groups, not solely On The Go.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on days 1 and 7.
All transfers and tranportation in private air conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Seoul Sunday. Welcome to Seoul! Airport arrival transfer to our city centre hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
Day 2 - Seoul Sightseeing Today we discover highlights of the nation’s charming capital on a guided tour. First stop is the grand Gyeongbokgung Palace which was once the main residence of the Joseon Dynasty and within the beautiful palace grounds we visit the National Folk Museum which focuses on Korean culture and history.
We continue on to Jogyesa Temple, the centre of Zen Buddhism in Korea and nearby Insadong, a lively antique alley, lined with art galleries, antique, craft and pottery shops, traditional restaurants and teahouses. We then take a stroll alongside Cheonggycheon Stream which runs serenely through the heart of downtown’s gleaming sky scrapers. Our final port of call is the lofty Seoul Tower on Mt. Namsa, which provides spectacular panoramic views of the city from its observatory.
Day 3 - The DMZ Seoul - DMZ - Seoul. We take an exciting excursion to the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) today, which is located 45km north of Seoul and acts as the buffer zone and border between the two nations of North and South Korea. Our coach tour provides a fascinating insight into the events that resulted in Korea’s division and also includes a visit to Imjingak Park, built to commemorate those who lost their homes and families when Korea was divided and the 3rd North Korean Infiltration Tunnel. The tunnel, which is 1.5km in length and 150m below ground, was built with the intention of a surprise invasion by North Korea.
You’ll also have the chance to peek into the reclusive north by visiting Dora Observatory situated on Mount Dora and visit Dorasan Station, once used for freight trains to travel between the South and the North. On the way back to Seoul the tour coach makes a stop at an amethyst or ginseng shop, for those who are interested. Our arrangements today are offered in conjunction with other travel companies ie. not soley On The Go. Your tour guide will not be accompanying you on the journey to the DMZ.
Day 4 - Scenic Andong Seoul - Andong. Leaving Seoul we travel south to Andong, the picturesque home of Korean Confucianism. On an afternoon tour we explore ancient UNESCO Listed Hahoe Village, where approximately 130 traditional houses of varying size and standard have been immaculately preserved by the same families for generations. We’ll also visit the Andong Folk Museum and the historic Dosansewon Confucian School, which was established in 1574.
Day 5 - Gyeongju - Capital of Silla Kingdom Andong - Gyeongju. Travelling south we reach historic Gyeongju - the ‘museum without walls,’ which was the capital of Silla Kingdom from 57BC to 935AD. This afternoon we visit Gyeongju National Museum which is home to countless treasures including the 23 ton Emille Bell cast in AD771. At Tumuli Park we see the incredible giant grass-covered burial mounds which house the Silla royal tombs and we take a stroll around scenic Anapji Pond where the Silla royal family spent their leisure. Another highlight of today’s touring is Cheomseongdae Observatory, one the world’s oldest astronomical observatories.
Day 6 - Bulguksa & Seokguram Temple Gyeongju - Seoul. This morning we visit two magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Listed temples - Seokguram Grotto, one of Asia’s finest Buddhist shrines, which is dramatically located on the slopes of Toham Mountain and the beautiful temple of Bulguksa which was built in 528 during the Silla Dynasty. Depart for Seoul this afternoon and spend your final evening at leisure in the capital.
Day 7 - Seoul Saturday. After breakfast and hotel check out, spend the remains of the day at leisure before your transfer to the airport for your flight home.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.