From 28/05/2022 to 05/01/2024
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Sat 28 2022 to Jun Mon 06 2022Sold OutFrom$2,750*
Jun Sun 26 2022 to Jul Tue 05 2022Limited AvailabilityFrom$3,430*
Jul Sat 02 2022 to Jul Mon 11 2022AvailableFrom$3,295*
Jul Sat 16 2022 to Jul Mon 25 2022AvailableFrom$3,490*
Jul Sat 30 2022 to Aug Mon 08 2022AvailableFrom$3,360*
Aug Sat 13 2022 to Aug Mon 22 2022AvailableFrom$3,175*
Aug Sat 20 2022 to Aug Mon 29 2022AvailableFrom$3,205*
Sep Sat 03 2022 to Sep Mon 12 2022Limited AvailabilityFrom$3,490*
Sep Sat 10 2022 to Sep Mon 19 2022AvailableFrom$3,295*
Sep Sat 17 2022 to Sep Mon 26 2022AvailableFrom$3,295*
Sep Sat 24 2022 to Oct Mon 03 2022AvailableFrom$3,295*
Oct Sat 01 2022 to Oct Mon 10 2022AvailableFrom$3,175*
Oct Sat 15 2022 to Oct Mon 24 2022AvailableFrom$3,240*
Nov Wed 02 2022 to Nov Fri 11 2022AvailableFrom$3,175*
Nov Sat 12 2022 to Nov Mon 21 2022AvailableFrom$3,055*
Dec Sat 10 2022 to Dec Mon 19 2022AvailableFrom$3,055*
Dec Sat 17 2022 to Dec Mon 26 2022AvailableFrom$3,055*
Dec Wed 28 2022 to Jan Fri 06 2023AvailableFrom$3,240*
Jan Sat 28 2023 to Feb Mon 06 2023AvailableFrom$3,330*
Feb Sat 25 2023 to Mar Mon 06 2023AvailableFrom$3,330*
Mar Sat 11 2023 to Mar Mon 20 2023AvailableFrom$3,460*
Mar Sat 18 2023 to Mar Mon 27 2023AvailableFrom$3,300*
Mar Sat 25 2023 to Apr Mon 03 2023AvailableFrom$3,460*
Apr Sat 01 2023 to Apr Mon 10 2023AvailableFrom$3,330*
Apr Sat 15 2023 to Apr Mon 24 2023AvailableFrom$3,330*
May Sat 13 2023 to May Mon 22 2023AvailableFrom$3,390*
Experience life in a Dusun village while enjoying a delicious home-cooked lunch of local specialties.
Explore the unspoiled wilderness of the Kinabalu National Park by walking the trails at the base of this much-admired mountain.
One of the wildest places on earth, Borneo offers rare treats for the nature lover – see orangutans in Sepilok and proboscis monkeys at Labuk Bay.
Search for wildlife when you’re cruising the Kinabatangan River on a water safari and while you’re in the depths of the wilderness on a jungle walk.
During two days on glorious Manukan Island, there's plenty of time to soak up the relaxed beach vibe, and to get close to marine life on an included snorkelling trip.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 4.
Dinners Included: 2.
Lodge (2 nights),Hotel (2 nights),Resort (5 nights).
Boat,Plane,Private mini van.
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer.
Mt Kinabalu National Park - Lower trails guided walk.
Mt Kinabalu National Park - Mount Kinabalu Botanical Garden.
Dusun Village - Home-cooked lunch.
Kinabatangan River - Afternoon Wildlife Spotting Cruise.
Bilit Rainforest Lodge - Lunch.
Bilit Rainforest Lodge - Dinner.
Kinabatangan River - Orang Sungei guided village walk.
Sepilok - Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.
Sepilok - Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary.
Sandakan - War Memorial.
Tunku Abdul National Marine Park - Boat trip & snorkelling.
Day 1 - Kota Kinabalu Selamat datang! Welcome to Malaysia. Your adventure begins with an important welcome meeting at 6 pm. If you have any free time beforehand, why not get out and explore this intriguing city that was born between the Borneo jungle and the South China Sea. Modern-day 'KK' is a vibrant modern metropolis, having recovered from World War II bombings – the Sabah State Museum is a great place to immerse yourself in its backstory.
Day 2 - Dusun Village - Mt Kinabalu National Park - Kundasang Leaving Kota Kinabalu behind, you'll head for the hills and travel towards the unspoiled wilderness of the World Heritage-listed Mt Kinabalu National Park (approximately 3 hours). You will stop off en route at a local home in a Dusun Village. Sample the local foods with a home cooked lunch to get some insight into what it’s like to live in a rural village. Later you can stretch your legs and soak up the mountain scenery with a stroll through Mt Kinabalu National Park. There are many walking trails from which you can bird watch. The Mt Kinabalu Botanical Garden is an excellent showcase of the diverse plant life on the mountain, as flora from all over the park has been replanted here. Spend the night in a mountain lodge close by to the park in Kundasang.
Day 3 - Kinabatangan River After breakfast, head to Kinabatangan River in private minivan – a trip of approximately 5 hours. Your jungle lodge, located beside the river, is ideal for taking in the lush surrounds. At 560 kilometres, the Kinabatangan River is the second longest in Malaysia. It's also a protected forest reserve, containing some of the highest concentrations of wildlife in Borneo. Later in the afternoon you will take a river cruise, hopefully spotting some of the more exotic local creatures. Wild elephants seldom reveal themselves, but crocodiles, macaques, wild orangutan, proboscis monkeys, hornbills and kingfishers are more easily seen. After this short adventure, head back to your lodge and enjoy dinner with the group.
Day 4 - Kinabatangan River You might wake to the call of a Bornean gibbon, or perhaps a hornbill. Enjoy an early morning cruise down the river, searching for more birds and wildlife. Keep an eye out for Long Tail Macaques and Pig Tail Macaques – your expert leader can tell you the difference. Later that morning, take a walk to Bilit Village, home to the local Orang Sungei community. The Orang Sungei, which translates to ‘River People’, are one of Sabah’s many indigenous communities and are very hospitable with a diverse cultural heritage. Enjoy some free time in the afternoon before another river cruise to see wildlife along the riverbank. This final river cruise will be your last chance to photograph or simply marvel at your surrounds. Spend one more night in your lovely accommodation right in the heart of the jungle.
Day 5 - Sepilok Travel onwards to Sepilok (2.5 hours) where your leader will take you to visit a wonderful environmental centre that highlights the unique wilderness of the region. The rest of the day is free to relax and enjoy your accommodation.
Day 6 - Sepilok This morning, take a private transfer to the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary (approximately 1 hour). The centre was set up to help reintroduce these wonderful creatures back into the wild after a life of domestication or having been orphaned. From the viewing platform, you can watch and photograph these charming creatures as they swing into view and eat the supplementary diet of bananas and milk that is laid out for them twice a day. Human contact must be kept to a minimum and it's essential that you follow the instructions of the park, as directed by your leader. Also included is a new nursery where you can view young orangutans as they learn how to climb on a specially constructed jungle gym. The viewing area is behind one-way glass so as to not disturb the animals. You will also visit the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary, where you can watch up close the amazing bachelor proboscis lazing and feeding – an experience that can only be found in Borneo.
Day 7 - Manukan Island You will stop at the Sandakan War Memorial before flying to Kota Kinabalu. Here you will learn about the city's past as you stand on the same ground of the former Japanese Prisoners of War camp. This site also marks the starting point of the tragic Sandakan Death Marches, on which 2400 POWs were forced to walk through the jungles of Borneo. By the end of the march, only 6 Australians survived, and only because they had escaped. On arrival at Kota Kinabalu, a short boat ride (around 20 minutes) takes you to Manukan Island, just off the coast of Kota Kinabalu. This is one of the larger islands found in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park. The first of two days on this island will be free for you to explore the island at your leisure – perhaps swimming or local activities. The 1.5-kilometre beach is lovely to stroll along at low tide.
Day 8 - Manukan Island Enjoy a snorkelling trip today, where an array of coral and brightly coloured marine life reveals itself, conditions depending. An optional scuba dive trip from Manukan Island is also on offer for those interested in a more immersive experience. If you are interested, let your leader know and it can be arranged. After snorkelling, the afternoon is yours to enjoy. Soak up the turquoise vistas for another few hours as you stroll or swim about in this stunning slice of paradise.
Day 9 - Kota Kinabalu Head back to Kota Kinabalu today by boat and minivan. This will take around 40 minutes. Optional activities include a visit the intriguing Mari Mari Cultural Village, nestled deep in the countryside. Here you will see how indigenous ethnic groups of Borneo used to live. Or a visit to the Sabah Museum to learn about Sabah’s past or do some last-minute souvenir shopping at the Filipino market. Tonight, perhaps head out for a meal with your group to celebrate your Borneo adventure.
Day 10 - Kota Kinabalu There are no activities planned for the final day and you are able to depart the accommodation at any time.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans