Tanzania Family Safari
From 29/06/2024 to 27/09/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sat 29 2024 to Jul Sat 06 2024AvailableFrom$3,475*
Jul Tue 02 2024 to Jul Tue 09 2024AvailableFrom$3,315*
Jul Thu 04 2024 to Jul Thu 11 2024AvailableFrom$3,190*
Jul Sat 06 2024 to Jul Sat 13 2024AvailableFrom$3,315*
Jul Sat 20 2024 to Jul Sat 27 2024AvailableFrom$3,160*
Jul Sat 27 2024 to Aug Sat 03 2024AvailableFrom$3,315*
Aug Sat 03 2024 to Aug Sat 10 2024AvailableFrom$3,160*
Aug Sat 10 2024 to Aug Sat 17 2024AvailableFrom$3,475*
Sep Sat 21 2024 to Sep Sat 28 2024AvailableFrom$3,160*
Encounter roaring lions and magnificent zebra in the famous Serengeti National Park as our small safari vehicles get you close to the action in this spectacular wildlife arena.
Experience the thrill of camping among nature and drift off to sleep to the sounds of the African night.
Meet some Maasai Mamas (the name for women artisans in Tanzania) and learn about their village life, including how to prepare a local Swahili dish.
Take a mind-blowing safari across the floor of the Ngorongoro Crater for a chance to see the endangered black rhinoceros.
Accompanied by a local crew – a leader, driver and cook – you and your family are in excellent hands for the duration of your adventure.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 7.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotels (3 nights),Camping with basic facilities (4 nights).
Overland vehicle,4x4 Safari Vehicle.
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Kisongo - Cooking class, crafts & village walk.
Serengeti National Park - Overland Vehicle Game Drive.
Mto wa Mbu - Village walk and lunch.
1 - Nairobi Jambo! Welcome to Kenya. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 5 pm. You can arrive at any time as there are no activities planned until this important meeting. If you and your family arrive early, perhaps head out and explore the National Museum of Kenya, the Karen Blixen Museum or the highly recommended Bomas of Kenya where traditional homesteads of several Kenyan tribes are displayed in an outdoor village. Or, to get a glimpse of some animals, head to the David Sheldricks Elephant Orphanage and the Giraffe Centre. These conservation projects allow you to see the animals up close while learning more about them and their plight in the modern world.
2 - Arusha Hit the road after breakfast as you drive across the border to Tanzania and your overnight stop, Arusha. Located at the base of volcanic Mt Meru, Arusha is the gateway to safari destinations and to Africa's highest peak - the 5895 m Mt Kilimanjaro, lying some 100 kilometres northeast. After setting up the campsite on arrival, you and your family can relax and have a swim in the pool. Driving time: 5 hours
3 - Karatu Take a short drive to the small town of Kisongo where you and your family get to enjoy a fun day with some local 'Mamas' (the name for female artisans in Tanzania) First, the women will teach you how to prepare a local Swahili dish for lunch. After enjoying your creations, you'll get the chance to take a closer look into their lives. With help from a translator, the women will lead smaller groups around their village. Visit their homes and see how a traditional boma (small hut made of mud and cow dung) is set up. You'll also get to meet their families and learn about Maasai culture. After this illuminating day, drive to the small town of Karatu, the gateway to the Ngorongoro Crater. Have a good night's sleep before we head on safari tomorrow!
4 - Serengeti National Park Travel from Karatu to the gate of Serengeti National Park and have a picnic lunch at the entrance. Enter the Serengeti and enjoy a game drive on the way to your campsite. The vast plains of the Serengeti - green after the rains, brown and burnt in the dry season - are home to thousands of hoofed animals and fierce predators. Flat and rolling, with long grass and acacia trees, these plains get their name from the Maasai word siringet - 'The place where the land moves on forever'. Your campsite is right in the action, within the park itself, so listen out for the sounds of nocturnal animals as you drift off to sleep. Driving time today is 4 hours plus game drives.
5 - Serengeti National Park Start the day with a game drive at dawn. You will head out while the animals are at their most active, then head back to camp for brunch at around 11 am. After spending the warmer part of the day relaxing, as the animals do, depart again at dusk for another adventure through the wild before returning in time for dinner. There's also the option of a balloon ride over the park today, which makes for an excellent family activity. If you have pre-booked this activity (please see the 'Notes' section) you will be picked up before dawn and driven to the launch site. After a safety briefing, you will glide through the sunrise, sometimes at tree height, which provides amazing photo opportunities. Sometimes you will ascend, getting an overview of the enormity of the plains and the early morning movements of the teeming herds. After landing, you'll be treated to a five-star bush breakfast, before being returned to your camp.
6 - Ngorongoro Conservation Area - Karatu Enjoy a game drive on your way out of the park today. After lunch you and your family will enter the Ngorongoro Conservation area. A gigantic, perfectly intact volcanic crater, Ngorongoro is home to some 30,000 animals. Among these are endangered black rhinos, lions, leopards, elephants, impalas, zebras and hippos. The crater floor offers excellent game viewing all year round, and the photo opportunities here are unrivalled. We jump in some 4WDs and head into the crater itself for three to four hours where the kids (and adults!) can enjoy spotting the animals. Leaving the park we head to Karatu - our overnight stop were the kids can take a swim in the campsite pool.
7 - Mto Wa Mbu After breakfast take a short 30-minute drive to Mto Wa Mbu where you will camp for the night. Upon arrival, join the local community for a guided afternoon stroll around the farming areas, milling machine and local homes before enjoying a traditional meal. This afternoon you can relax around the campsite or have a swim in the pool. Driving time: 30minutes
8 - Nairobi Set off early this morning (around 7.30 am), heading for the border with Kenya and then on to Nairobi. Upon arrival in Nairobi, you'll be dropped at the finishing point hotel. No accommodation is provided for tonight, but this can be arranged when you book this trip. Driving time today is 7-8 hours.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans