Botswana Family Safari with Teenagers
From 03/04/2024 to 04/01/2027
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Apr Wed 03 2024 to Apr Fri 12 2024AvailableFrom$2,646*
Jun Sat 29 2024 to Jul Mon 08 2024AvailableFrom$2,940*
Jul Sat 06 2024 to Jul Mon 15 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$3,145*
Jul Sat 13 2024 to Jul Mon 22 2024AvailableFrom$3,145*
Jul Sat 20 2024 to Jul Mon 29 2024AvailableFrom$3,025*
Jul Sat 27 2024 to Aug Mon 05 2024AvailableFrom$3,025*
Jul Wed 31 2024 to Aug Fri 09 2024AvailableFrom$3,025*
Aug Sun 04 2024 to Aug Tue 13 2024AvailableFrom$3,140*
Aug Sun 18 2024 to Aug Tue 27 2024AvailableFrom$3,140*
Sep Sun 08 2024 to Sep Tue 17 2024AvailableFrom$3,140*
Sep Sun 22 2024 to Oct Tue 01 2024AvailableFrom$3,140*
Sep Sun 29 2024 to Oct Tue 08 2024AvailableFrom$2,995*
Dec Sat 21 2024 to Dec Mon 30 2024AvailableFrom$3,055*
Dec Fri 27 2024 to Jan Sun 05 2025AvailableFrom$2,910*
Dec Mon 30 2024 to Jan Wed 08 2025AvailableFrom$2,910*
Get a load of Victoria Falls, an amazing thundering spectacle.
Optional activities for those arriving early include white water rafting, canoeing and flying fox rides.
Go wildlife-spotting along the river at Chobe National Park, home of the world's highest concentration of African elephants.
Enjoy some truly unique accommodation in Elephant Sands.
Greet elephants as they come to drink from the pool!.
Get familiar with the fine art of 'poling' as you and your family ride a traditional dugout canoe through the waterways of the Okavango Delta.
Camping on a remote island in the heart of the Okavango wilderness is an experience you and your family will never forget.
As night falls, the sounds of the African bush are like nothing else.
Support local conservation by visiting the Khama Rhino Sanctuary, the only place left in Botswana where both black and white rhinos reside.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 8.
Dinners Included: 8.
Camping with facilities (7 nights),Camping with no facilities (2 nights).
Age: min 10.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Victoria Falls - Victoria Falls entrance.
Chobe National Park - River cruise.
Nata - Elephant Sands Bush Walk.
Okavango Delta - Mokoro safari.
Okavango Delta - Sunrise Walk.
Khama Rhino Sanctuary - Sunset Game Drive Open Vehicle.
Marakele National Park - game drive.
1 - Victoria Falls Welcome to Africa! Once you arrive at the joining point accommodation, reception will advise you where our campsite is located. Make your way to the site, meet your leader and get settled in. Your adventure begins at 2pm with a group meeting at our campsite. After which we will visit Victoria Falls This thundering curtain of water is about a mile wide, falling 108 metres into a narrow gorge below. In the wet season, the spray created can rise up an incredible 400 metres and the falls become an impressive raging torrent. In the dry season, the view of the falls is unobstructed by spray and you can see little islets in the river below. If you arrive early, get out and explore Victoria Falls. You can choose from various activities and excursions, including white water rafting, canoeing and flying fox rides. For an incredible scenic helicopter flight, choose Zambezi Helicopter Company (CAA Zimbabwe), the only Intrepid-endorsed operator.
2 - Chobe National Park After some breakfast and packing up camp we travel to Chobe National Park. Botswana's first national park is perhaps best known for its high concentration of elephants, which can often be seen swimming in the Chobe River. The river also attracts wallowing hippos, a variety of birdlife, crocodiles sunning themselves by the water's edge, and cheetahs and lions which come down to drink. Enjoy a sunset cruise on the Chobe River, a relaxing way to spend the afternoon with the family.
3 - Nata Hit the road early and head to Elephant Sands for the night. Elephant Sands has a natural waterhole right in front of the lodge where the local elephants come to drink. Watch these awesome creatures whilst they drink at only a couple of meters away from you. There is plenty of other wildlife around as well on this unfenced 16000 ha private conservancy. The lack of fences allows all animals to roam freely. After setting up camp, head off on a bush walk activity which is a wonderful chance to learn about the smaller things in the bush which are often not noticed on game drives.
4 - Maun After packing up camp it's another long travelling day to Maun. Maun is the gateway to one of the world's most renowned and complex ecosystems, the Okavango Delta. This place is unlike anything in the world - a 16,000 square kilometre maze of wetlands made up of meandering waterways, green islands, lush plains and prolific wildlife. You might see hippos, crocodiles, elephants and big cats. But it's not the animals that are the main attraction - it's the extremely diverse ecosystem and atmospheric waterscapes. Tonight you'll stay on the outskirts of Maun at a simple campsite with shared facilities and WiFi before heading into the Delta in the morning.
5 - Okavango Delta Cruise around the waterways by mokoro, a traditional dugout canoe navigated by friendly local 'polers'. With some luck, you might spot some of the delta's unusual wildlife and exotic birdlife. Spend time exploring the maze of lagoons, lakes and streams on foot, led by experienced and knowledgeable guides. Tonight you will camp on a remote island in the heart of the wilderness. In this far-out spot, facilities are non-existent, so you will dig a bush toilet and go without a shower. It's all part of the Okavango experience. At night, fall asleep to the humming and buzzing of the African wilderness.
6 - Okavango Delta Wake up early and head out for a sunrise walk. Along the way, keep watch for some elephants. You might also come across some Cape buffalo, if the timing is right. These rather noble-looking creatures are more dangerous than they look, and their horns make for a kind of bone shield that's fittingly known as a 'boss'. Returning to camp for breakfast, take the rest of the day to relax. A refreshing swim, or perhaps a nap, is a good idea in the warmer part of the day. Alternatively, take another mokoro trip to soak up more of that delightful river atmosphere.
7 - Maun After breakfast take the mokoro back to the poling station and then travel once again to Maun, where you will have the rest of the day free back at the campsite.
8 - Khama Rhino Sanctuary It's an early morning start as we hit the road to the Khama Rhino Sanctuary. Situated on the edge of the Kalahari Desert, the Khama Rhino Sanctuary is a conversion of a former hunting area into a conservation project. Built to protect Botswana's only remaining populations of both black and white rhinos, the sanctuary is also home to other wildlife including zebras, giraffes, leopards, ostriches and wildebeest, all of which can be seen around the many natural waterholes. Visiting this project benefits local communities and contributes to the protection of the highly endangered white rhinoceros. Later, head out on a dusk game drive to see the rhinos when they are at their most active.
9 - Marakele National Park Leaving Botswana behind, cross the border into South Africa and arrive at your overnight stop of Marakele National Park this afternoon. The national park has diverse terrain making it easy to spot wildlife. In the park you can spot gemsbok, mongoose, wild cat, warthog, all kinds of birds and may even be lucky to spot black mane lions, If time allows we will do an afternoon game drive in the park before settling into camp for your final night in the wilderness.
10 - Johannesburg After breakfast we start the drive to Johannesburg. The group arrive late afternoon where the trip will end. if you have additional time why not get out and explore Johannesburg, a city of remarkable contrasts. Perhaps visit the culturally rich areas of Newtown, Braamfontein or Maboneng. The eye-opening Apartheid Museum is well worth your time. We recommend you don't book your departure flight until after 8pm..
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 February 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans