From 09/03/2024 to 05/01/2026
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sat 09 2024 to Mar Mon 18 2024AvailableFrom$2,002*
Apr Sat 13 2024 to Apr Mon 22 2024Sold OutFrom$2,715*
Apr Sat 27 2024 to May Mon 06 2024AvailableFrom$2,565*
May Sat 11 2024 to May Mon 20 2024Sold OutFrom$2,640*
Sep Sat 14 2024 to Sep Mon 23 2024AvailableFrom$2,420*
Sep Sat 28 2024 to Oct Mon 07 2024AvailableFrom$2,515*
Oct Sat 05 2024 to Oct Mon 14 2024AvailableFrom$2,515*
Oct Sat 19 2024 to Oct Mon 28 2024AvailableFrom$2,515*
Oct Sat 26 2024 to Nov Mon 04 2024AvailableFrom$2,515*
Nov Sat 09 2024 to Nov Mon 18 2024AvailableFrom$2,420*
Nov Sat 23 2024 to Dec Mon 02 2024AvailableFrom$2,420*
Nov Sat 30 2024 to Dec Mon 09 2024AvailableFrom$2,330*
Dec Sat 14 2024 to Dec Mon 23 2024AvailableFrom$2,330*
Dec Sat 28 2024 to Jan Mon 06 2025AvailableFrom$2,330*
Feb Sat 08 2025 to Feb Mon 17 2025AvailableFrom$2,445*
Whether it's hiking, driving or white-water rafting, this trip will let you experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles.
Be enchanted by the heart-warming people of Nepal on an overnight stay in a hill-top village retreat, surrounded by rustic farms and overlooking the mighty Himalayas.
Discover hidden gems far removed from Kathmandu's bustle, like the pilgrimage site of Namobuddha.
Once home to a royal hunting reserve, Chitwan is now widely recognised as one of the best national parks in Asia, and this trip includes walking, canoeing and driving safaris through its lush landscapes.
Feel the adrenaline rush on a two-day white-water rafting adventure – spend the night camping under the Nepalese stars on the banks of the Trisuli River.
Beginning and ending in Kathmandu, there's more than enough time to discover the Nepali capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Sagarmatha Next.
Donations help them remove waste responsibly and turn rubbish into art in the Everest region.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotel (4 nights),Resort (4 nights),Camping (1 night).
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Kathmandu - Boudhanath Stupa.
Kathmandu - Pashupatinath Temple.
Kathmandu - Durbar Square.
Bhaktapur - Leader-led walking tour.
Panauti - Leader-led walk.
Kathmandu Valley - Hike from Khopasi to Balthali.
Kathmandu Valley - Hike from Balthali to Namobuddha.
Namobuddha - Thrangu Tashi Yangtze Monastery.
Trisuli River - White Water Rafting (Grade 3).
Sanga - Sanga Mahadev visit (tallest Lord Shiva/Mahadev statue of Nepal).
Canoe Ride & Jeep Safari at The Chitwan National Park.
Chitwan NP - Tharu cultural performance.
1 - Kathmandu Namaste! Welcome to Nepal. If you arrive early today, why not explore Kathmandu - an incredible mixture of legend and modern development with a rich artistic and cultural heritage. Narrow lanes lead to small squares and courtyards where ornately carved balconies overlook shrines and temples. Buzzing markets and bazaars are the centre of Nepali life, where stalls and small hole-in-the-wall shops sell everything from bangles to Buddhas to beetroot. You'll have a welcome meeting at 6 pm tonight. After, why not get to know your new travel buddies over a plate of momo - Nepal's answer to dumplings.
2 - Kathmandu This morning, take a walking heritage tour of Kathmandu's old bazaars - Hanuman Dhoka and Durbar Square. The labyrinth of backstreets and alleys leading from one bazaar, or 'chowk', to another is a true highlight of the city. Visit one of the holiest Hindu temples in the world - Pashupatinath - and let your leader bring the fascinating story behind this temple to life. Nearby is the largest Buddhist stupa in Nepal. Follow the pilgrims' circle around the stupa, spinning the prayer wheels and if you like, take the opportunity to offer your prayers to Lord Buddha by lighting a traditional butter lamp at the main entryway. There may be the option for lunch at a rooftop restaurant with an enticing view over the stupa, followed by free time this afternoon to continue exploring Kathmandu at your own pace.
3 - Bhaktapur Journey further afield from chaotic Kathmandu to the medieval town of Bhaktapur. Bhaktapur preserves the old-world charm of the Kathmandu Valley. Its timeless craftsmanship is evident in its temples and squares, and its people are still fiercely devoted to the ways of life and faith passed on from their ancestors. Enjoy an afternoon walking tour of the town, including the temples of Taumadhi Tole and Durbar Square, then spend the rest of the time exploring on your own. Tonight, you'll stay in Bhaktapur.
4 - Balthali Head to the fringes of the Kathmandu Valley, stopping at the ancient town of Panauti before reaching Khopasi. From here, you can stretch your legs on a 1-hour hike through the thick forest or continue by 4WD to the hill-top village of Balthali. A world away from the 'Coca-Cola' hub of Thamel, this peaceful community nestled within a setting of verdant hills and lush rice paddies remains largely undiscovered. Soak up the tranquil ambience as you relax in your accommodation for the night, with its commanding views of villages and farms and the mighty Himalayas rising on the horizon.
5 - Namobuddha Pack a daypack ready for your hike today, while your main luggage is transported to your next destination - Namobuddha. Make your way off-road, cutting through the vast terraced fields, followed by a sharp descent. Continue along the trail bridge, where you'll meet a steep, uphill winding track through open pastures and onto the dirt track that leads to Panauti. Pass a few villages, briefly entering a dense forest, then prepare to be wowed by the revered Buddhist pilgrimage site of Namobuddha. Visit the stupa and impressive Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery before settling into your accommodation for the night.
6 - Trisuli River After breakfast, leave Namobuddha and follow Kathmandu Road to the Trisuli River - the launching place for your two-day rafting experience. Meet the crew who will run through the safety briefing and prepare you for the adventure. Trisuli River is an ideal introduction for first-time rafters, with reasonably calm waters and only minor rapids - meaning you can relax and really enjoy the ride! Soak up the scenery (and the splashes) as you traverse impressive gorges and beautiful valleys. Depending on the water conditions, you'll be on the river for approximately 4 hours, with a stop for lunch. Tonight, you'll stay in a permanent tented camp on the riverside and enjoy a group dinner.
7 - Trisuli River After breakfast, continue your rafting adventure and drift along clear Himalayan white water, occasionally battling the rapids (and maybe your fellow rafters). Your rafting experience will finish around lunch. Say goodbye to your crew and put on your safari hat as the group drives down to the lowlands and onto Chitwan National Park. UNESCO declared this park a World Heritage site in 1984, and it offers some of the best wildlife viewing in Asia. Look out for rhinos, deer, monkeys, beers and a wide array of birdlife here, including the infamous Nepalese wild chicken. Your accommodation here is a real treat - built in traditional Tharu village style, you'll be surrounded by nature and the exotic sounds of the jungle.
8 - Chitwan National Park Today is all about exploring Chitwan National Park and discovering the wildlife that lies within. After breakfast, hop aboard a jeep and take a 4-hour safari drive through the park - if you're lucky, you might catch a glimpse of one of the Shere Khan-esque Bengal tigers that call the park home. After your safari, you'll float down the Rapti River in a dugout canoe, keeping an eye out for the great Indian rhino as well as deer, exotic bird life and the marsh mugger crocodiles that inhabit the riverbanks. A birdwatching walk through the forest and across the grasslands is also a great way to connect to the land. Later, you'll attend a cultural performance before heading to your jungle resort for dinner.
9 - Kathamndu After breakfast, this morning is free to explore the jungle or go birdwatching. This afternoon, take a transfer to Kathmandu. When you arrive, you can join a walk through the backstreets and the vibrant local markets of the city to Ashan Bazar and Indra Chowk near Kathmandu Durbar Square. See the old royal palace and numerous beautiful temples nearby, and browse the stalls of merchant's wares. Hunt for the perfect souvenir (Tibetan prayer flags, Thanka paintings, singing bowls and pashmina shawls are popular) and perfect your bargaining skills. Tonight, maybe grab your group for a farewell feast of momo (dumplings) to celebrate an incredible trip.
10 - Kathmandu Your trip ends after breakfast today, and you can leave any time after checkout. If you'd like to stay longer, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans