From 12/02/2022 to 26/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Feb Sat 12 2022 to Feb Mon 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,850*
Mar Sat 12 2022 to Mar Mon 21 2022AvailableFrom$1,850*
Apr Sat 02 2022 to Apr Mon 11 2022AvailableFrom$1,995*
Apr Sat 16 2022 to Apr Mon 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,920*
Apr Sat 30 2022 to May Mon 09 2022AvailableFrom$1,850*
Sep Sat 17 2022 to Sep Mon 26 2022AvailableFrom$1,850*
Whether it's hiking, driving or white-water rafting, this trip will let you experience Nepal's stunning natural beauty from all angles.
Be enchanted by the heart-warming people of Nepal on an overnight stay in a hill-top village retreat, surrounded by rustic farms and overlooking the mighty Himalayas.
Discover hidden gems far removed from Kathmandu's bustle, like the pilgrimage site of Namobuddha and the vineyard region of Pataleban.
Feel the adrenaline rush on a two-day white-water rafting adventure – spend the night camping under the Nepalese stars on the banks of the Trisuli River.
Beginning and ending in Kathmandu, there's more than enough time to discover the Nepali capital's staggeringly rich cultural and artistic heritage.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotel (3 nights),Resort (2 nights),Guesthouse (3 nights),Camping (1 night).
Age: min 12.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Kathmandu - Bodhnath Stupa.
Kathmandu - Pashupatinath Temple.
Kathmandu - Durbar Square.
Bhaktapur - Leader-led walking tour.
Panauti - Leader-led walk.
Kathmandu Valley - Hike from Khopasi to Balthali.
Kathmandu Valley - Hike from Balthali to Namobuddha.
Namobuddha - Thrangu Tashi Yangtze Monastery.
Dhulikel - Leader-led walking tour.
Sanga - Kailashnath Mahadev Shiva Temple.
Trisuli River - Rafting.
Day 1 - Kathmandu Namaste! Welcome to Nepal. With no planned activities until your welcome meeting at 6 pm, if you arrive early, why not head out and explore. Kathmandu is an incredible mixture of legend and modern development with a rich artistic and cultural heritage. Narrow lanes lead to small squares and courtyards where ornately carved balconies overlook shrines and temples. Buzzing markets and bazaars are the centre of Nepali life where stalls and small hole-in-the-wall shops sell everything from bangles to Buddhas to beetroot. After the meeting, why not get to know your new travel buddies over a plate of momo – Nepal’s answer to dumplings!
Day 2 - Kathmandu This morning, take a walking heritage tour of Kathmandu’s old bazaars, Hanuman Dhoka and Durbar Square. The labyrinth of backstreets and alleys leading from one bazaar, or ‘chowk’, to another are a true highlight of the city's character. Continue with a visit to one of the holiest Hindu temples in the world – Pashupatinath – and let your leader bring the fascinating story behind this temple to life. Nearby is the largest Buddhist stupa in Nepal, follow the pilgrims' circle around the stupa, spinning the prayer wheels. If you like, take the opportunity to offer your prayers to Lord Buddha by lighting a traditional butter lamp at the main entryway to the stupa. There may be the option for lunch at a roof-top restaurant with an enticing view over the Stupa, followed by free time this afternoon and evening to continue exploring Kathmandu at your own pace.
Day 3 - Bhaktapur (1400m) Journey further afield from chaotic Kathmandu to the medieval town of Bhaktapur (approximately 30 minutes). Bhaktapur preserves the old-world charm of the Kathmandu Valley, timeless craftsmanship is evident in its temples and squares, and its people are still fiercely devoted to the ways of life and faith passed on from their ancestors. Enjoy an afternoon walking tour of the town, including the temples of Taumadhi Tole and Durbar Square, then spend the rest the time exploring on your own or with your travel companions. Tonight, you’ll stay in Bhaktapur.
Day 4 - Panauti - Balthali (1730m) Head to the fringes of the Kathmandu Valley, stopping at the ancient town of Panauti before reaching Khopasi (approximately 45 minutes). From here, you have the option to stretch your legs on a 1-hour hike through thick forest or continue by 4WD (approximately 20 minutes) to the hill-top village of Balthali. A world away from the ‘Coca Cola’ hub of Thamel, this peaceful community nestled within a setting of verdant hills and lush rice-paddies remains largely undiscovered, soak up the tranquil ambiance as you relax in your accommodation for the night, with its commanding views of villages and farms and the mighty Himalaya rising on the horizon.
Day 5 - Namobuddha (1530m) Pack a day pack ready for your hike today, while your main luggage will be transported to your next destination – Namobuddha. Begin by descending from the resort before making your way off-road, cut through the vast terraced fields, followed by another sharp descent. Continue along the trail bridge, where you’ll meet a steep, uphill winding track through open pastures and on to the dirt track that leads to Panauti. Pass a few villages, briefly entering a dense forest, then prepare to be wowed by the revered Buddhist pilgrimage site of Namobuddha. Visit the stupa and impressive Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery before settling into your accommodation for the evening and treating yourself to a well-earned rest.
Day 6 - Dhulikhel - Pataleban (1600m) After breakfast today, head out of the Kathmandu Valley towards Pataleban in the Chisapani region (approximately 2-3 hours), a place hidden from the mainstream tourist routes and famous for one of Nepal's few wineries. Along the way, stop by Dhulikhel to explore the bazaar, temples and observe incredible panoramic vistas across the Himalayan peaks from an ideal viewpoint. Afterward, head to Sanga, home to Kailashnath Mahadev – the largest Shiva temple in the country – before settling into your resort accommodation for the next two nights, which boasts beautiful views across the surrounding vineyards, gardens, and distant mountain ranges.
Day 7 - Pataleban After breakfast in the resort grounds, head out on a leisurely half-day hike with a local guide to Indra Daha, also known as Daha Chowk. The hike takes around 2 hours and passes through lush green forest – keep your eye out for the many species of birds as well as spotted deer and monkeys. If it’s a clear day, there's a good chance of witnessing spectacular views, including Langtang, Ganesh, and Manaslu mountains and if you’re lucky, you may even catch a panoramic view of Kathmandu Valley. Return to the resort for lunch and enjoy an afternoon at leisure.
Day 8 - Trisuli River Leave Pataleban behind today and follow the Kathmandu road to the Trisuli River (approximately 1.5 hours), and the launching place for your two-day rafting experience. Meet the crew who will run through the safety training and prepare you for the adventure. The Trisuli River is an ideal introduction for first-time rafters, with reasonably calm waters and only minor rapids, meaning that you can relax and really enjoy the ride! Soak up the scenery (and the splashes) as you traverse impressive gorges and beautiful valleys. Depending on the water conditions, you will be on the river for approximately 4 hours with a stop for lunch. Tonight you’ll stay in a permanent tented camp on the riverside.
Day 9 - Trisuli River - Kathmandu Wake up early for tea and coffee, maybe take a stroll along the river and get ready for another fantastic day. After breakfast, prepare for the river again and hit the rapids for another few hours of rafting before enjoying lunch at the finishing point in Kuringhat, where your driver (and your dry clothes) also await. Pack up and pile in the vehicle and drive back to Kathmandu (approximately 3-4 hours) where you’ll arrive late afternoon. Perhaps go for one last wander through the bazaars in Thamel before joining your group for an optional final dinner to celebrate your trip.
Day 10 - Kathmandu Your tour ends after breakfast today and there are no further activities planned.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans