Grand Canadian Rockies
From 19/05/2024 to 16/09/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Sun 19 2024 to May Tue 28 2024AvailableFrom$6,410*
Jun Sun 02 2024 to Jun Tue 11 2024AvailableFrom$6,410*
Jun Sun 16 2024 to Jun Tue 25 2024AvailableFrom$6,535*
Jun Sun 30 2024 to Jul Tue 09 2024AvailableFrom$6,665*
Jul Sun 14 2024 to Jul Tue 23 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$6,730*
Jul Sun 28 2024 to Aug Tue 06 2024AvailableFrom$6,535*
Aug Sun 11 2024 to Aug Tue 20 2024AvailableFrom$6,208*
Aug Sun 25 2024 to Sep Tue 03 2024AvailableFrom$6,410*
Sep Sun 08 2024 to Sep Tue 17 2024Sold OutFrom$7,035*
Sep Sun 15 2024 to Sep Tue 24 2024AvailableFrom$6,785*
Sit back and enjoy the Icefields Parkway between Jasper and Banff, one of the most scenic drives on earth, without the hassle of driving.
Head to Whistler to learn more about First Nations history at the Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre – the first of its kind in Canada.
Experience the seasonal moods and beauty of Lake Louise for yourself and cross off one of those must-see bucket list experiences.
Keep your eye on the roadside for extraordinary wildlife like elk, black bears, grizzly bears, eagles, Rocky Mountain goats, and – if you're lucky – beavers, wolves and moose.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, Water First.
Donations support their work to provide critical clean, safe water for indigenous communities in Canada.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 1.
Hotel (4 nights),Lodge (5 nights).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre Visit.
Jasper National Park - Entrance Fee.
Visit to Maligne Lake.
Banff Upper Hotsprings.
Visit to Lake Louise.
1 - Vancouver Welcome to Canada! Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm. If you do arrive early, perhaps explore the happening neighbourhood of Yaletown, or head to Granville Island to visit the colourful markets full of fresh produce and handcrafts. Vancouver's coastal setting is beautiful, bordered by an ocean harbour to the north and a river to the south. The majestic Coastal Mountains, often snow-capped, provide the eastern horizon, making it a picturesque place to spend a few days before the tour begins. After your welcome meeting, perhaps wander around downtown Vancouver or grab a craft beer in the Gastown neighbourhood.
2 - Whistler On your way out of Vancouver today, check out Stanley Park's carved totem poles, representing the historical crests of First Nations families and their clans. During the drive to Whistler you'll stop at the beautiful Shannon Falls, then learn more about First Nations art, history and culture at Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre. Refuel with a late lunch at the onsite cafe, serving a modern take on traditional First Nations food. In Whistler Village, enjoy free time to wander the bustling hub of shops and award-winning restaurants, all surrounded by beautiful mountain scenery. Later, you may like to join in on the Whistler nightlife by sampling one of the town's lively bars.
3 - Whistler Stunning Whistler is ready to be explored, up the mountain or back down in the village. Perhaps buy yourself a ticket to ride the PEAK 2 PEAK gondola to enjoy unparalleled views of towering volcanic peaks and surrounding forest on the world's longest and highest lift. Once at the top, check out the nearby scenic walking trails, mountaintop restaurants and indoor interpretive displays. Otherwise, you could hire a bike and ride along the Valley Trail to Lost Lake, or go wildlife or wildflower spotting. If you're after something a little more cultured, perhaps hit the Audain Art Museum to see a selection of First Nations and British Columbian artwork.
4 - Sun Peaks Drive through the mountains to Sun Peaks (approximately 4-5 hours). Sun Peaks township is set on one of many peaks along the mountain range and the views from the top are incredible. On arrival you may have time to explore the area on foot. This evening, rejoin your group for dinner together.
5 - Jasper Head to Jasper, one of the most photographed places in Canada. Jasper is the largest of Canada's Rocky Mountain parks, famous for wildlife such as elk, moose, deer, coyotes, grizzly bears and mountain lions, as well as smaller mammals and birds. During your free time in Jasper you'll have options to explore including hiking in the Valley of Five Lakes and riding the Jasper SkyTram - the highest and longest aerial tramway in Canada. Climbing to 2300 metres, the SkyTram provides spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains.
6 - Jasper Today is a free day in Jasper. Join the group on a visit to Maligne Lake for some hiking, and perhaps book yourself a cruise on the lake's shimmering blue waters past the much-photographed Spirit Island. Alternatively, a ride on the Jasper SkyTram is highly recommended if you didn't do it yesterday, as it provides stunning views over the township and surrounding mountains. For adventure seekers, Jasper is an excellent destination to hire a mountain bike and explore the surrounding trails which weave through dense forest and pass stunning lookouts.
7 - Banff National Park Buckle up for Banff. Today is a long day, with many scenic stops and visits along the way (in total, up to 12 hours). In the morning, travel towards Banff, stopping off at the Columbia Icefields Centre, Athabasca Falls and Sunwapta Falls. You'll have the chance to join an optional glacier hike with a professional guide (at own expense). Then head into Banff National Park in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Banff is considered the oldest national park in Canada, showcasing the Rockies' valleys and mountain chains which began forming up to 75 million years ago.
8 - Lake Louise Today pay a visit to Lake Louise with the group. Take a walk around the turquoise lake (season depending) or check out the interior of the luxury mountain resort, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. This afternoon, don an old-fashioned swimsuit and soak in the hot mineral waters of the Banff Upper Hot Springs. If there is extra time today, you may like to take part in one of the many adventure activities available within the park. With its coniferous forests, alpine meadows, icefields and glaciers, the park is an outdoor enthusiast's paradise. There are opportunities for canoeing, mountain biking, hiking or riding the gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain.
9 - Calgary Complete your crossing of the Rockies today on a drive to Calgary. Along the way, make a stop in the cosy little town of Canmore, the perfect place to grab some lunch and soak in some final mountain views. Say goodbye to the Rockies and continue to Calgary, arriving in the afternoon. Home to the famous Calgary Stampede, the city is growing at a rapid rate, largely thanks to oil and mining. While it may not be the most picturesque of cities, Calgary makes up for it with a budding dining and nightlife scene. In the evening perhaps head for dinner at one of the city's great restaurants.
10 - Calgary There are no activities planned for today and you can depart the accommodation at any time, though please be sure to comply with any hotel check-out times.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans