From 08/05/2021 to 09/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
May Sat 08 2021 to May Sat 15 2021AvailableFrom$2,600*
May Sat 22 2021 to May Sat 29 2021AvailableFrom$2,600*
Jun Sat 05 2021 to Jun Sat 12 2021AvailableFrom$2,600*
Jun Sat 19 2021 to Jun Sat 26 2021AvailableFrom$2,600*
Jul Sat 03 2021 to Jul Sat 10 2021AvailableFrom$2,600*
Pedal through the rolling green hills, vineyards and olive groves of Tuscany on this classic journey from Florence to Pisa.
From Lucca's tree-lined city walls, follow the gentle Serchio River to the world-famous Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Retrace the steps of Leonardo da Vinci around his home city, Vinci.
Sample the local Tuscan delicacies and a glass (or two!) of vino after a rewarding day in the saddle.
Sit and watch the world go by with a cappuccino at Piazza dell'Anfiteatro.
Get away from tourist crowds and experience the 'real Italy' in Garfagnana.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 2.
Hotel (7 nights).
Bicycle (e-bike option available,subject to availability),Support vehicle,Local bus.
Age: min 14.
Group Size: 1 - 15.
Garfagnana - Picnic.
Lucca - Picnic.
Day 1 - Florence Buongiorno! Welcome to Italy. Your adventure begins with a Welcome Meeting at around 6pm today. Please look for a note in the hotel lobby or ask the hotel reception where and when exactly it will take place. If you can't arrange a flight that will arrive in time, you may wish to arrive a day early so you're able to attend. We'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). If you're going to be late, please inform the hotel reception. We'll be collecting your insurance details and next of kin information at this meeting, so please ensure you have all these details to provide to your leader. The tour will spend very little time in Florence so it is suggested you arrive early if you want to visit the city's classic icons, with the historic Florence cathedral, Uffizi gallery, Ponte Vecchio, and the Piazzale Michelangelo being just a few. Cycling distance: none
Day 2 - Vinci After breakfast there will be a bike fitting and then a short test ride. After everyone has been fitted there will be a private transfer by to nearby Signa to begin this Tuscan cycling adventure (approximately 1 hour). Follow the Arno River out of Florence and ride the mostly flat small roads and trails to Empoli. Pass by the Church of Sant'Andrea before turning north towards the Tuscan hills and the delightful town of Vinci, birthplace of legendary Leonardo da Vinci. Surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, the climbs are relatively gentle and can be enjoyed by everyone (approximately 35 kilometres). Once in Vinci, we take a short ride past Casa Natale di Leonardo then return to the village to check into our hotel. The afternoon is free to enjoy, perhaps visit Museo Leonardiano, home to a collection of machines and models devoted to Leonardo da Vinci, or simply enjoy a gelato on the main street. Cycling distance: approx. 35kms/22 miles, mostly flat with approx. 140m/460ft of elevation gain.
Day 3 - Barga After breakfast, take a transfer by private transport to the Provence of Lucca (approximately 1 hour). From here, begin cycling to the medieval hilltop town of Barga, climbing gradually along the banks of the Serchio River and up the valley to Borgo a Mozzano, where your leader will reveal the legend of the beautiful Devil’s Bridge. From here, continue the gentle climb upwards until the last two kilometres, when the road towards Barga becomes steep. For those not wanting to do the last climb, the support vehicle is always there to assist you. Those willing to conquer the hill will be rewarded with incredible views of the imposing Pania della Croce mountain towering above the landscape. Why not relax after a big day's ride (approximately 37 kilometres) with a delicious (optional) traditionally Tuscan dinner. Cycling distance: approx. 37kms/23 miles, mostly flat for the first 30kms then climbing the last 5kms, with approx. 460m/1510ft of elevation gain.
Day 4 - Garfagnana Start the day with a pleasant three kilometre downhill ride to the valley floor, following the winding road through countless small villages beneath the imposing Verrucole Castle in San Romano, a medieval fortress with spectacular views over Garfagnana. Along the way, stop for a picnic lunch in one of the villages to sample the authentic Italian food this region is famous for. After lunch, continue down the valley to the 13th century town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, situated at the confluence of the Serchio and the Turrite Secca rivers (approximately 40 kilometres). After a long and hilly ride this is a great place to sit back and enjoy a gelato or pay a visit to the famous Fronte della Rocca, the historic cake shop and chocolate-maker since 1885 – they do an excellent coffee as well! Cycling distance - Ride 1 - approx. 20kms/12 miles, hilly with frequent climbs and descents, with approx. 450m/1480ft of elevation gain. Cycling Distance - Ride 2 - approx. 20kms/12 miles, hilly with 10km gentle climb followed by 12km descent, with approx. 520m/1710ft of elevation gain.
Day 5 - Lucca Today there will be a change of pace, starting with a 25 kilometre climb up the Apuan Alps (but this time in the support vehicle!), stopping at the long abandoned white marble quarry of Henraux to view the same marble seams that Michelangelo used in creating many of his masterpieces. Mount up and ride the short distance to the top of the mountain range before starting the long and winding ride downhill to the popular seaside resort of Viareggio. From here head along the flat seafront roads and on to the famous Tuscan walled city of Lucca. On arrival in Lucca, circle the ancient city ramparts by bike and stop to enjoy an afternoon picnic on the walls. You'll ride a total of approximately 85 kilometres today. Afterwards, enjoy an evening to explore the city. Perhaps end the day at a local bar with a refreshing Prosecco. Cycling distance: approx. 84kms/52 miles, downhill for 20km, flat then very gradual uphill to Lucca, with approx. 600m/1970ft of elevation gain.
Day 6 - Lucca Today is a free day off the bike in Lucca. Take the opportunity to see all the sights that this city has to offer. Wander to the former Roman amphitheatre found off Via Fillungo and visit the medieval houses now standing in its place. Grab a seat Piazza dell'Anfiteatro's many outdoor cafes and watch the world go by with a coffee. Be sure to stop by Foro Square and see the majestic San Michele church, which was built over the top of an ancient Roman forum. Cycling distance: none
Day 7 - Pisa Leave delightful Lucca by bike and follow the flat leafy bike paths downstream along the banks of the Serchio River to Pisa, home to a certain crooked tower (approximately 36 kilometres). After cycling through Pisa's frenetic streets, take some time to wander the shopping streets and perhaps enjoy an aperitif at one of Pisa’s many cafes and bars. Cycling distance: approx. 36kms/22 miles, flat with approx. 140m/460ft of elevation gain.
Day 8 - Pisa Your cycling adventure comes to an end in Pisa and you are free to depart at any time. Before you leave, perhaps visit the impressive Duomo or sample some local gelato. Cycling distance: none
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.