Borneo Family Holiday Comfort
From 31/03/2024 to 04/01/2027
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sun 31 2024 to Apr Tue 09 2024AvailableFrom$2,955*
Apr Mon 08 2024 to Apr Wed 17 2024AvailableFrom$2,111*
Apr Fri 12 2024 to Apr Sun 21 2024AvailableFrom$2,632*
Jun Sat 29 2024 to Jul Mon 08 2024AvailableFrom$2,870*
Jul Sun 07 2024 to Jul Tue 16 2024AvailableFrom$2,955*
Jul Sat 13 2024 to Jul Mon 22 2024AvailableFrom$2,815*
Jul Sun 21 2024 to Jul Tue 30 2024AvailableFrom$2,925*
Aug Sat 03 2024 to Aug Mon 12 2024AvailableFrom$2,845*
Aug Mon 05 2024 to Aug Wed 14 2024AvailableFrom$2,815*
Aug Sun 11 2024 to Aug Tue 20 2024Sold OutFrom$3,095*
Sep Fri 20 2024 to Sep Sun 29 2024AvailableFrom$2,955*
Sep Fri 27 2024 to Oct Sun 06 2024AvailableFrom$2,815*
Dec Fri 20 2024 to Dec Sun 29 2024AvailableFrom$2,815*
Dec Fri 27 2024 to Jan Sun 05 2025AvailableFrom$2,815*
Dec Mon 30 2024 to Jan Wed 08 2025AvailableFrom$2,815*
Watch young orangutans learning to climb for the first time at the Sepilok Sanctuary.
Keep your eyes peeled for local wildlife on a cruise down the Kinabatangan River.
Soak up the relaxed beach vibe on glorious Dinawan Island.
Experience the hospitality of the Dusun people while enjoying lunch in a rural village.
Explore the unspoilt wilderness of the Kinabalu National Park.
Look over rolling green hills of tea with a night at a tea plantation, including a sampling of delicious local varieties.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Lunches Included: 5.
Dinners Included: 4.
Tented Villa (2 nights),Guesthouse (1 night),Resort (2 nights),Hotel (4 nights).
Age: min 5.
Group Size: 2 - 16.
Complimentary Arrival Transfer.
Mt Kinabalu National Park - Mount Kinabalu Botanical Garden.
Dusun Village - Guided village walk.
Kinabatangan River - Afternoon Wildlife Spotting Cruise.
Sabah Tea Plantation - Tea factory tour.
Kinabatangan River - Dawn wildlife cruise.
Kinabatangan River - Night wildlife Spotting cruise.
Sepilok - Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary.
Sepilok - Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre.
Dinawan Island - Marine Ecosystem Program.
Dinawan Island - Snorkeling Trip.
1 - Kota Kinabalu Selamat datang! Welcome to Malaysia. Your adventure begins with a Welcome Meeting at 5pm. If you arrive early, you can immerse yourself in history of this intriguing city between the Borneo jungle and the South China Sea at the Sabah State Museum. You can also visit the Mari Mari Cultural Village, or perhaps explore the islands off Kota Kinabalu, excellent for swimming and snorkelling.
2 - Kinabalu National Park Leaving Kota Kinabalu behind, head for the hills and the unspoilt wilderness of the World Heritage-listed Kinabalu National Park. Stop off en route at a local home in a Dusun village. The Dusun people are wonderfully welcoming, and here you'll have the chance to learn about their culture as you sample local dishes at a home cooked lunch. If you are lucky, you may get to sample linopot, a tasty snack featuring rice tightly wrapped inside a leaf. Join a guided half day village walk that includes a visit to the local bee farm and see coffee being produced at a local factory. You'll also meet the women from Everything Pineapple, a business that's known for its delicious pineapple products. This NGO empowers local women to reach new heights socially and financially and has some of the best jam you'll ever taste. Later, soak up the mountain scenery with a leg-stretching stroll through Mount Kinabalu Botanical Garden. Late in the afternoon, travel by private bus to Sabah Tea Plantation. Tonight you will stay among the grounds of a lush tea garden
3 - Kinabatangan River After breakfast take part in a tour of the tea factory. From here, head to Kinabatangan River in a private mini van (approximately 5 hours). Arrive at your jungle lodge, located beside the river, which is ideal for taking in the lush surrounds. The Kinabatangan River is a protected forest reserve, containing some of the highest concentrations of wildlife in Borneo. In the afternoon, board a river cruise, hopefully spotting some of the more exotic local creatures. Wild elephants seldom reveal themselves, but crocodiles, macaques, wild orangutan, proboscis monkeys, hornbills and kingfishers are more easily seen. After this short adventure, return to the lodge to enjoy dinner.
4 - Kinabatangan River Be woken by the the call of a Bornean gibbon, or perhaps a hornbill, before a morning cruise down the river. Keep an eye out for proboscis monkeys, Borneo gibbons, long tail macaques and pig tail macaques and see if you can spot the differences between each species. In the evening you get your last chance to take as many photos as you can on a final river cruise. Spend one more night in your lovely accommodation right in the heart of the jungle.
5 - Sandakan This morning, travel to Sandakan (approximately 2.5 hours). On the way you will stop at the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary, where you can watch up close the amazing bachelor proboscis lazing and feeding - an experience that can only be found in Borneo. In the afternoon, settle down in your home for two nights; Sandakan, once the capital of British North Borneo, the city has traditionally strong ties with Hong Kong. The Cantonese influence is palpable in the lively harbour-side market, the many Chinese temples and the local cuisine. You will have time this afternoon to visit the Sandakan War Memorial (optional - additional cost for transport). The memorial was originally a Japanese Prisoner of War Campy and also marks the starting point of the tragic Sandakan Death Marches, of which 2,400 POWs were forced to walk through the jungles of Borneo. Of this number, only 6 survived owing to courageous escapes.
6 - Sandakan Today, we head to Sepilok (30 min drive) for a day of monkey business and encounters with some of the region's prized orangutans. Please be mindful that human contact must be kept to a minimum and it's essential that you follow the instructions of the park, as directed by your leader. Also included is a new nursery where you can view young orangutans as they learn how to climb on a specially constructed jungle gym. To see more of Borneo's creatures, there's the option to visit the newly opened Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Center. Here rescued Sun Bears that have spent many years being mistreated and locked away in cages are cared for, with hopes of rehabilitation and reintroduction into the wild. Back in Sandakan you will have to relax by the pool or head into town to do a spot of shopping.
7 - Dinawan Island Catch a transfer to Sandakan Airport today for a flight to Kota Kinabalu. Keep in mind that the luggage allowance for this flight is only 15 kg, and any excess baggage may incur a further charge. After touching down we will take a private transfer 25minutes south to the jetty before boarding a boat out to Dinawan Island (10-15mins). Check into your villa tents and explore the island. Note: Accommodation on Dinawan Island is on a twin share basis in a tented villa. All villas have air conditioning with toilet and shower facilities located inside the tent.
8 - Dinawan Island After breakfast you and your family will learn more about the Marine Ecosystem on the island with a programme which will give you insight into the importance of the coral to marine biodiversity. First up will be an informative talk about the coral reef ecosystem and the importance of the reef to marine life. Then we swap the indoor classroom to the outdoor classroom a one hour snorkelling trip with a marine biologist. Take a boat out to the nearby house reef to have a closer look at the types of corals, the habitat, signs of damages and healings, observing and identifying marine life with your specialist. A fun way for the entire family to explore this beautiful part of the world. Heading back to shore the afternoon will be free to enjoy at your own pace. Perhaps soak up the turquoise vistas for another few hours or if you are keen you can take out kayaks (free) for some more fun on the water.
9 - Kota Kinabalu Hit the water again this morning with another snorkelling trip with a local snorkelling guide. After lunch you will have goodbye this piece of paradise and head back to Kota Kinabalu around noon by boat and minivan (just over 1hour of travelling time). After checking into the hotel you will have time to relax before perhaps heading out for a final meal (optional) with your group to celebrate your Borneo adventure.
10 - Kota Kinabalu Your Borneo family adventure comes to an end after breakfast today. Spend the final day shopping for memorable trinkets in the city's many markets.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans