New Year's in Finland - 6 Days
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
5 nights at the Hotel Kalevala (3 star).
4 breakfasts, 1 brunch, 3 lunches and 5 dinners (inclusive of a New Year's Eve Traditional Gala Dinner).
Arrival and departure transfer from Kajaani airport on days 1 and 6.
2 hour snowshoeing tour.
Taster horse sleigh, reindeer sleigh and snowmobile safaris.
Traditional tin casting and fortune teller on New Year's Eve.
Entrance to Kuhmo Arts Centre and concert on New Year's day.
1 Hour Snowmobile Safari.
Daily evening saunas and jacuzzis.
Free use of kick-sledges, toboggans, DVDs, Playstation2 and Nintendo WII games, Wi-Fi and board games.
Day 1 - Kuhmo 29 December 2021. Upon arrival at Kajaani Airport you will be met and transferred to the Hotel Kalevala in Kuhmo. The transfer is approximately one and a half hours. Upon arrival at the hotel you will check in, enjoy a welcome drink and have dinner.
Day 2 - Kuhmo This morning we will have breakfast together with our host who will explain to you how the next few days will go and introduce you to the optional activities on offer. After breakfast this morning we will get a chance to have a taster of some of the available activities. You will take a short horse sleigh, Reindeer sleigh ride and snowmobile ride. We'll then get a real taste of this winter wonderland as we try our hand at snow shoeing on a 2 hour snow shoe tour along the Taiga forest and across the frozen lake before enjoying a cup of hot juice.
This afternoon is free to try your hand at lots of different winter activities from Nordic walking to cross country skiing to husky safaris. We can also take advantage of the saunas and jacuzzi.
Day 3 - Kuhmo After breakfast this morning we take a 1 hour snowmobile safari over 15 - 20 km heading through the stunning scenery, past snow covered trees. There will be 2 people per snowmobile and thermal overalls will be provided. Later on we sit around the fire in the lobby and watch some tin casting - a tradition on new year's eve to make little horse shoes as a sign of good luck. There will also be a fortune teller on hand to tell you about your future for the following year.
This evening there is a New Year Gala Dinner and disco. Just before midnight we'll move into the winter garden to enjoy the fireworks and the countdown to 2021. The party will continue inside in the bar with dancing and a DJ.
Day 4 - Kuhmo Happy New Year! This morning enjoy a lie in as there will be a late breakfast/brunch served today. It is a free day to relax and enjoy some more optional activities if you wish. Otherwise you can just recover from last night's revelry and enjoy the hotel's facilities including the wellness area. You may wish to watch the Kick Sled competition that will be taking place in the village today.
Before dinner we will head out to the New Year's Day concert at the Kuhmo Art's Centre - a short bus drive away.
Day 5 - Kuhmo Today is at leisure for more optional activities. You can also go shopping for some last minute souvenirs or just simply relax at the hotel. Tonight we have a farewell dinner with your fellow guests. You'll also have the opportunity to take a final dip in the jacuzzi or head for the sauna.
Day 6 - Kuhmo 3rd January 2022. Our amazing New Year's in Finland comes to an end today after breakfast and hotel check out with an included transfer back to Kajaani airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans