Christmas in Finland - 6 Days
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
5 nights at the Hotel Kalevala (3 star).
5 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 5 dinners (inclusive of a Christmas Eve Traditional Gala Dinner).
Arrival and departure transfer from Kajaani airport on days 1 and 6.
Visit to Santa Claus at his local home.
Journey to collect the Christmas tree to bring to the restaurant for the children to decorate.
Taster horse sleigh, husky sled and snowmobile safaris.
Free use of kick-sledges, toboggans, DVDs, Playstation2 and Nintendo WII games, Wi-Fi and board games.
Daily evening saunas and jacuzzis.
Day 1 - Kuhmo 22nd December 2021. Upon arrival into Kajaani airport you will be met and transferred to the Hotel Kalevela. The drive takes about an hour and you'll travel through some beautiful snowy Finnish countryside on the way. On arrival at the hotel you will be greeted with a Welcome Drink before check in. This evening we will enjoy our first dinner together.
Day 2 - Kuhmo After breakfast we get to enjoy the area around the hotel. There are kick sledges and toboggans available to use and you can make snow angels or perhaps visit and feed the hotels 2 reindeer. Hot juice will be served by the open fire after our activities.
Later on this afternoon we meet Santa Claus, known in Finnish as Joulupukki. During the visit the children can tell Santa their Christmas wishes and secrets. This evening we return to our hotel for dinner and to take advantage of the on site saunas and jacuzzis.
Day 3 - Kuhmo This morning we take a magical journey across the snowy landscape of Kuhmo. We'll then get the special experience of heading out to fetch a Christmas tree, bringing into the restaurant we'll then decorate it together. In Finland it is a very important duty for the children to decorate the tree and today will be no different. Lunch today will be a meal of Christmas rice porridge, a very traditional dish served across Scandinavia during the festive season. In Finland rice porridge is very much enjoyed by the children especially as whoever finds the hidden almond wins a prize!
This afternoon we take a traditional visit to the churchyard at Kuhmo, we'll have the opportunity to light a candle for our loved ones near and far. This evening's dinner is an authentic Finnish buffet.
Day 4 - Kuhmo Merry Christmas everyone! Today is a free day to do as you please. There are lots of optional activities so why not go out on a husky or snowmobile safari, try your hand at snow shoeing or cross country skiing or just relax at the hotel.
After dinner this evening we have a traditional campfire evening which will include hot juice and sausages.
During one of the next 2 days you'll enjoy a fantastic Husky sleigh ride through the snowy surroundings. Guests staying at the hotel will be split into 2 groups and the exact day you do this excursion will be confirmed during your welcome meeting.
Day 5 - Kuhmo After breakfast you'll also get the chance to enjoy a short Reindeer sleigh ride taster. There are also kick sledges and toboggans available to use. Hot juice will be served by the open fire after our activities.
The afternoon is free to do more optional activities. Tonight we have dinner and a special Finnish folklore evening of dance, music and stories.
Day 6 - Kuhmo 27th December 2021. Our amazing Christmas in Finland comes to an end today after breakfast and hotel check out with an included transfer back to Kajaani airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans