Treasures of the Nile - 10 Days
From 2021-06-25 to 2022-12-30
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Fri 25 2021 to Jul Sun 04 2021AvailableFrom$3,155*
Jul Fri 23 2021 to Aug Sun 01 2021AvailableFrom$3,155*
Aug Fri 06 2021 to Aug Sun 15 2021AvailableFrom$3,155*
Sep Fri 03 2021 to Sep Sun 12 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Sep Fri 17 2021 to Sep Sun 26 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Oct Fri 01 2021 to Oct Sun 10 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Oct Fri 08 2021 to Oct Sun 17 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Oct Fri 22 2021 to Oct Sun 31 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Nov Fri 05 2021 to Nov Sun 14 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Nov Fri 12 2021 to Nov Sun 21 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Nov Fri 26 2021 to Dec Sun 05 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Dec Fri 03 2021 to Dec Sun 12 2021AvailableFrom$3,395*
Dec Fri 24 2021 to Jan Sun 02 2022AvailableFrom$3,775*
Dec Fri 31 2021 to Jan Sun 09 2022AvailableFrom$3,015*
Jan Fri 07 2022 to Jan Sun 16 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Jan Fri 21 2022 to Jan Sun 30 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Feb Fri 04 2022 to Feb Sun 13 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Feb Fri 11 2022 to Feb Sun 20 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Feb Fri 25 2022 to Mar Sun 06 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Mar Fri 11 2022 to Mar Sun 20 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Mar Fri 25 2022 to Apr Sun 03 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Apr Fri 08 2022 to Apr Sun 17 2022AvailableFrom$3,395*
Breakfast daily, 4 lunches and 4 dinners.
5 nights 5 star hotels, 4 nights aboard a 5 star Nile Cruiser (en suite cabin).
2 economy class flights - Cairo to Luxor and Aswan to Cairo.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 10.
Touring and sightseeing in Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor and Aswan.
Felucca sailing around the islands of Aswan.
Escorted by an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology (for groups of 4 or more).
Note you guide will not accompany you aboard internal flights.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Cairo Friday. Upon arrival into Cairo airport you are met and transferred to your 5 star hotel located in downtown Cairo. The rest of the day is free to relax or those arriving early can opt to pre book our optional Backstreets of Cairo tour which departs the hotel at 10am today. This evening a Welcome Meeting will be held at around 7pm.
If you would like to extend your stay and see more of Egypt, we also offer a pre or post tour Alexandria Day Trip.
Day 2 - Cairo We start with the dazzling antiquities at the Egyptian Museum. Among the many exhibits are the magnificent treasures of King Tutankhamun. Note: The Grand Egyptian Museum is set to open in 2020. An official date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum this morning.
Day 3 - Pyramids of Giza Cairo - Luxor. Today we visit Egypt's most loved and iconic sight: The Great Pyramids of Giza. We explore the Giza plateau, pyramids and massive Sphinx. We continue on to explore Saqqara - an ancient necropolis with many half-buried tombs and the famous Zhoser’s step pyramid. Later we transfer to the airport for our flight to Luxor. Please note: your tour guide will not accompany you onboard your flight.
Day 4 - Luxor The massive pair of statues known as the Colossi of Memnon are the first monuments we see during our morning visit to the West Bank - home to the legendary Valley of the Kings. We also see the colonnaded Temple of Queen Hatshepsut. Return to Luxor for check-in on board our Nile 5 star cruiser. Lunch is at leisure and we have time to relax until our early evening visit to the Temple of Luxor. Luxor Temple looks stunning at dusk and is beautifully illuminated at night.
Note: Dependent upon Nile Cruiser scheduling, we may take an excursion to Karnak Temple this afternoon. Should this occur, day 5 is spent at leisure.
Day 5 - Nile Cruising Luxor - Nile Cruising. This morning we tour the ancient city of Thebes (the East Bank) and gaze at the magnificent Temple of Karnak. More than a temple, Karnak is a gigantic and stunning complex of sanctuaries and pylons dedicated to the Theban gods. Anchors away this afternoon as we set sail downstream.
Day 6 - Nile Cruising Nile Cruising. Relax as we sail the Nile. Later today, we visit the Temple of Kom Ombo. A unique riverside temple, it is unusual in that everything architecturally is doubled and perfectly symmetrical along the main axis of the temple including twin halls, courts, colonnades, sanctuaries and entrances. Arrive in Aswan: a prosperous town at the crossroads of the ancient caravan routes late evening.
Day 7 - Aswan Nile cruiser - Aswan. Today, we enjoy a short boat trip to Agilika Island for a look at the Philae Temple dedicated to the goddess Isis. The temple dates from 4th century BC but the Ptolomies and the Romans up to 3rd century AD built most of the existing structures. In danger of being completely submerged by the rising water of Lake Nasser, in 1972 UNESCO stepped in and an 8-year rescue effort was undertaken to relocate the entire temple 20m higher on nearby Agilika Island.
After lunch, we visit the High Dam and take a felucca sailing trip to Elephantine and Kitchener Island followed by a visit to a perfume oil emporium. As the sun sets, we enjoy free time to shop in the colourful souqs and markets or simply relax and watch an amazing sunset in Egypt’s southern most town straddling the River Nile.
Day 8 - Optional excursion to Abu Simbel Consider our optional early morning excursion to see the magnificent Temples of King Ramses II at Abu Simbel. In a multimillion dollar operation lead by UNESCO in 1972, the famous temples were re-located to a higher position on the shoreline of Lake Nasser which had threatened to erode the foundations of this monolithic temple complex. Please see our Abu Simbel by Road Add-on for more info. Alternatively you can spend the morning at leisure.
This afternoon offers free time. Consider a visit to the Old Cataract Hotel, where Agatha Christie wrote the novel Death on the Nile. High Tea is also offered on the terrace which affords panoramic views of the Nile set to a backdrop of rolling sand dunes. Or opt for a visit to the well-curated Nubian Museum.
Day 9 - Cairo Aswan - Cairo. Today we fly back to Cairo. Upon arrival transfer to the hotel, check in and rendezvous with your guide. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy the hotel facilities or or you can join our optional excursion visiting Old Cairo, Coptic Cairo and the Citadel of Saladin (book locally).
Day 10 - Cairo Sunday. Tour ends after breakfast. Included onward transfer to airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans