Essential Bali & Gili Islands
From 06/03/2021 to 02/01/2023
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sat 06 2021 to Mar Mon 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,085*
Apr Sat 03 2021 to Apr Mon 12 2021AvailableFrom$1,085*
May Sat 01 2021 to May Mon 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,085*
Jun Sat 12 2021 to Jun Mon 21 2021AvailableFrom$1,085*
Jul Sat 03 2021 to Jul Mon 12 2021AvailableFrom$1,210*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Mon 16 2021AvailableFrom$1,210*
Sep Sat 04 2021 to Sep Mon 13 2021AvailableFrom$1,085*
Oct Sat 30 2021 to Nov Mon 08 2021AvailableFrom$1,085*
Float in the ocean, bake on the beach, and conquer a volcano: the island landscapes of Bali and Gili are epic.
Let a local show you their favourite dishes, from nasi campur to burbur, during a street food tasting in Seminyak.
We know you didn’t come all the way to Bali to eat spaghetti.
Make like a sponge and soak up every drop of Ubud's relaxed atmosphere.
A walk among the bright green rice fields is as Bali as it gets.
There's nothing like waking up at 3 am to climb a mountain, eh? Watching the sunrise from active volcano Mt Batur is worth every minute of sleep you lose.
Your leader will reveal the best of Gili Trawangan on a two-wheeled tour of the island, giving you insider info on the island that includes the snorkelling and the social scene.
Breakfasts Included: 9.
Dinners Included: 1.
Guesthouse (1 nights),Hotel (8 nights).
Age: min 18, max 29.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Ubud - Tirta Empul Water Temple.
Tegalalang - rice terraces.
Mt Batur - Sunrise volcano climb.
Gili Trawangan - leader led orientation cycling trip.
Seminyak - Beach club visit.
Day 1 - Ubud Welcome to Ubud, Bali. You're free to arrive whenever you like today as there's nothing planned until your meeting this evening at 6 pm. If you do arrive early, feel free to stroll around town, soak up the vibe and prepare yourself to go full Eat Pray Love – there’s a reason Bali is such a popular destination. After the meeting, go out for an optional group dinner or find a feed on your own.
Day 2 - Ubud Today is free to explore the temples, wander through the paddy fields or visit the famous art and craft markets in the centre of town. The Tegallalang rice terraces are a really cool experience and Ubud Palace is a sight you just have to see. Maybe use your free time to join in some optional activities like a cycling tour, white-water rafting or a cooking class, just keep in mind these things cost extra. If you'd prefer to freewheel it, then just hire a bike and ride around Ubud's lush countryside. The evening is yours to do what you'd like.
Day 3 - Mt Batur Depart Ubud for Batur (90 minutes), visiting the Tirta Empul Water Temple en route. Tirta Empul, translating as holy water spring, was built in the 10th century as a place of ritual purification for Balinese Hindus and is still very much in use. This is the real deal, and you’ll see the local Balinese come here to bathe in the pools and purify themselves under the water spouts. Next, head to the stunning rice terraces at Tegalalang to take a stroll. It’s a great place to take that perfect photo of beautiful Bali. Continue to Batur and aim for an early night, as tomorrow is fairly hectic.
Day 4 - Candidasa Rise and shine early birds (3 am!), it's time for a good ol' fashioned crater hike. On your included walk, you'll be just in time to witness the sunrise over the valleys of Bali. At 1717 metres high, Mt Batur sits inside a spectacular caldera along with Lake Batur, which is an awesome sight to see. The lake supports the local fishing industry, while many of the villagers work as guides for the volcano climb. It's important to note that this climb takes around 1.5—2 hours, and since it's all uphill a decent level of fitness is required to enjoy it. On a clear morning, it's possible to see all the way across the Lombok Strait to the peaks of Mt Rinjani. After descending the volcano, there may be an option to soak in hot springs with great views over the lake and caldera, time depending. Later in the afternoon, head southwest to beachside Candidasa. You're gonna love having a free evening after today's climb to get super chilled by the beach.
Day 5 - Gili Trawangan Drive 25 minutes to Padang Bai this morning and jump on a speedboat to Gili Trawangan at approximately 9 am. Gili Trawangan, or Gili T as it's referred to, is essentially the Goldilocks of the three Gili islands, striking the perfect balance between Gili Air's hippie vibe and Gili Meno’s low-key honeymoon atmosphere. Check in to your resort, then begin exploring on two wheels during a cycling orientation tour with your leader. Get insider island info on the best places to watch the sunset and which beaches beat the rest. Spend the rest of the night however you like, just remember that bare feet are the basis of the dress code here.
Day 6 - Gili Trawangan Enjoy a free day on Gili Trawangan to do, well, absolutely nothing. If that’s what you want. Otherwise, why not spend a little dosh on an optional cooking or yoga class, or go snorkelling in the ridiculously clear waters. You could even head out on a motorised wooden boat around the Gili Islands, jumping straight off the boat and coming face-to-face with marine life including colourful fish, coral reefs and, of course, sea turtles. The Gili Islands are a famous snorkelling destination and probably the best spot in South East Asia, so if we have one piece of advice it’s this: get wet.
Day 7 - Gili Trawangan Just another day in paradise and it’s your choice how you’ll spend it. Perhaps jump on another boat for more snorkelling, or maybe take it super easy and post up on the beach with a book, a coconut or a cocktail. Remember the ABCs of Gili T – always be coconutting. You could also hire a bike and go for another ride. All three of the Gili Islands are tiny, but it’ll still sound pretty hardcore when you tell your friends back home you circumnavigated an island.
Day 8 - Seminyak Have a leisurely breakfast and one last swim on Gili T before walking back to the port (approximately 1.8 kms) and then jumping on the midday speedboat to Serangan on Bali, arriving late afternoon. From here, drive an hour to upmarket Seminyak where the sunsets are legendary, the beaches are plentiful, the nightlife is lively and there are more spas, massages and treatments than you can poke a stick at. On arrival, step out with your leader to on an included food tasting. Your leader knows all the best dishes, so unbuckle your belt and try some nasi campur (a mixed plate of rice, veges and meats), soto (soup), burbur (rice porridge) and more. Continue to a bar where you can beat the heat with an included drink.
Day 9 - Seminyak Give today a real Semin-crack with a range of optional activities to get involved in. Remember, these may incur an extra cost. Maybe ride dirty in a VW Kombi to get clean on a Spa Safari or, if spas ain’t your thing, swap the bathrobe for a glass and take a Cocktail Safari instead, visiting some of Bali’s best beaches and bars while cruising down the coast. Or you could get active and take a surf lesson. Whatever your decision, you can’t hit Seminyak without soaking up the sun at a beach club in the afternoon. Ever heard of Potato Head? Cocoon? Ku de Ta? Your leader will take you to a beach club this afternoon to enjoy some beats, some eats and some…seats? Seriously, sit back, listen to the tunes, splash around in the pool and watch the beautiful people do their thing. You can even try talking to them.
Day 10 - Seminyak Your Bali adventure comes to an end today, but that doesn’t mean you can’t continue to Eat, Pray, Love, Swim, Snorkel, Sleep and Tan in the future, be it in Bali or back home.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 28 November 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.