One Week in Thailand: Kayaking and Hilltribes
From 10/03/2024 to 05/01/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Mar Sun 10 2024 to Mar Sun 17 2024Sold OutFrom$880*
Apr Sun 14 2024 to Apr Sun 21 2024AvailableFrom$676*
Jun Sun 23 2024 to Jun Sun 30 2024Limited AvailabilityFrom$855*
Jul Sun 14 2024 to Jul Sun 21 2024AvailableFrom$741*
Aug Sun 11 2024 to Aug Sun 18 2024AvailableFrom$741*
Sep Sun 15 2024 to Sep Sun 22 2024AvailableFrom$780*
Oct Sun 13 2024 to Oct Sun 20 2024AvailableFrom$810*
Nov Sun 03 2024 to Nov Sun 10 2024AvailableFrom$810*
Nov Sun 17 2024 to Nov Sun 24 2024AvailableFrom$840*
Nov Sun 24 2024 to Dec Sun 01 2024AvailableFrom$840*
Dec Sun 15 2024 to Dec Sun 22 2024AvailableFrom$840*
Dec Sun 29 2024 to Jan Sun 05 2025AvailableFrom$840*
Trek deep – super deep – into the northern Thai hinterland with two days of trekking and two nights staying in a traditional hilltribe village, laughing with the locals and learning about their lifestyle.
Immerse yourself in some of the most beautiful landscapes in all of Thailand, from cascading waterfalls and mountainside views to a kayaking adventure on Mae Taeng River (followed by a spot of white-water rafting if you dare) to get a new perspective.
Get your street food fix in bustling Bangkok and cool Chiang Mai and tuck into some of the tastiest eats in all of Asia.
When you’ve had your fill (is that even possible?), be treated to traditional homecooked dinners during your hilltribe village homestays.
Hit the nightlife in cruisy Chiang Mai, in the Nimman area that’s swarming with hipster bars and uber-cool lounges.
Bar hop, hit the night markets and find all the best spots from a local leader with all the insights.
Enjoy loads of free time to choose your own adventure, whether that’s a bit of rest and relaxation at the local Thai massage place or discovering new friends at the Chiang Chill Elephant Sanctuary.
By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, EcoThailand Foundation.
Donations help educate school children on important environmental issues like climate change, nature appreciation, conservation and sustainability.
Breakfasts Included: 4.
Lunches Included: 3.
Dinners Included: 2.
Hotel (3 nights),Overnight sleeper train (2 nights),Hilltribe Village House (multi-share) (2 nights).
Overnight sleeper train,Songthaew,Tuk-tuk.
Age: min 18, max 35.
Group Size: 1 - 16.
Bangkok - Orientation Walk.
Chiang Mai - Night Bazaar & Anusarn Market.
Chiang Mai - Orientation Walk.
Huey Nam Dang - Hilltribe Trek – 2 Days.
Hilltribe Trek - Mae Malai Market Visit.
Hilltribe Village - Home-cooked Dinner.
Hilltribe Trek – Mok Fah Waterfall.
Sop Kai Village - River Kayaking.
1 - Bangkok Sa-wat dee! Welcome to Bangkok, Thailand. Your adventure kicks off with a welcome meeting at 6 pm tonight. If you arrive early, there's plenty to keep you occupied - maybe take a walk around Chinatown and explore the vibrant streets or head to the magnificent Grand Palace. Tonight, it's time to dig into some traditional tastes of Thailand. Bangkok is known for its street food, so maybe head out with your leader and check out some roadside stalls around the Sukhumvit area. Later, maybe discover Bangkok's nightlife and head out to one (or more) of the best local bars. Ask your guide for directions or grab your new travel mates and attempt to navigate the BTS skytrain and MRT subway.
2 - Bangkok - Overnight Train This morning, you have a free day in Bangkok before your overnight train this morning. Maybe start off with a relaxing Thai massage - the perfect way to limber up and start your day. Then, maybe check out Talad Noi by bike, take on the Bangkok Temples or book yourself on the River of Kings Urban Adventure (just see urbanadventures.com). After your day exploring, hop on an overnight train up to Chiang Mai.
3 - Chiang Mai Arrive in Chiang Mai in the morning and transfer to your guesthouse. Then, you'll head out on an orientation walk to get your bearings. Chiang Mai is the perfect entrance to the Thai highlands, with misty mountains and colourful hillside villages waiting to be explored. This will be your base for the next few days, as you'll return here after your hillside trek. Today, you're free to relax or explore the city. Maybe get active and go ziplining or cycle around the city. Take on a cooking class to learn some local flavours (and pick up some mad skills to take home) or just wander around on foot and visit Doi Sethep Temple and a couple of the cool cafes around the area. Tonight, why not get your group together to go bar hopping or explore the night markets in the happening Nimman area?
4 - Chiang Mai - Hilltribe Trek This morning at around 8 am, leave Chiang Mai and head to Mae Malai Market to stock up on some delicious fresh snacks for your trek. Then, visit Mok Fah Waterfall for a cheeky dose of natural beauty. Sit down for some lunch to refuel with your group at a local restaurant, then continue to the starting point of today's hike. Your destination for this evening is the Mae Ma Nai Hilltribe Village. Walk along the mountain ridge and take in the views of the natural forest and remote scenery. When you arrive, enjoy a local home-cooked dinner by the campfire to celebrate a successful day. Later, take a walk around the village and chat with the locals. This is a really special opportunity to experience rural Thai life first-hand!
5 - Hilltribe Trek The best thing about being deep in the jungle in the morning is waking up to the natural sounds of wildlife calls. After breakfast, begin today's trek through the storybook landscape of farmland and jungle, exploring other hilltribe villages and seeing how life differs between them. Your whole trek is the perfect nature photo op, so make sure you've got your camera handy! Enjoy lunch along the way and reach Pong Ngan Lahu Village this afternoon. After two long days of hiking, relax your legs and soak in some natural scenery before an included home-cooked dinner tonight.
6 - Chiang Mai The Mae Taeng River awaits you this morning, as you head off on a kayaking adventure towards Sop Kai Village. Paddle downstream as you're immersed by gorgeous surroundings for 2 to 3 hours, taking in the lush green scenery. From here, you can choose to head back to Chiang Mai via private transfer and enjoy a leisurely evening or opt to take to the rapids for some whitewater rafting. Paddle further down the river and get the adrenaline pumping before you head back to Chiang Mai for the night. When you arrive, maybe refresh and recharge or head out to explore the Wat Prasingh and Wat Chedi Luang temples in your free time. Tonight, ask your leader for the best spots for a pad thai or a khao soi.
7 - Chiang Mai - Overnight sleeper train Today is a free day to explore Chiang Mai and you're spoilt for options. Maybe take the chance to learn one of the world's legendary martial arts, Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) this morning. Spend 1.5 hours learning the basics of Muay Thai with the pros, plus how to adapt yourselves to be the weapons and the guard. You could also visit the Chiang Chill Elephant Sanctuary and witness these majestic animals roaming the valley and chilling in nature. Or maybe stop by Chuan Chom Vocational Training Center for lunch or a massage. Here, you'll learn about the work that they do to train the women from the correctional institution with skills to go back to society. Later, board an overnight train for Bangkok.
8 - Bangkok Your train is scheduled to arrive in Bangkok early this morning. When you arrive at the station, your trip comes to an end. If you'd like to stay in Thailand for longer, and we wouldn't blame you, just speak to your booking agent.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 03 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans