Egypt Uncovered - 11 Days
From 2022-09-11 to 2023-12-17
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Sep Sun 11 2022 to Sep Wed 21 2022AvailableFrom$2,235*
Sep Sun 18 2022 to Sep Wed 28 2022AvailableFrom$2,235*
Oct Sun 02 2022 to Oct Wed 12 2022AvailableFrom$2,235*
Oct Sun 16 2022 to Oct Wed 26 2022AvailableFrom$2,235*
Oct Sun 23 2022 to Nov Wed 02 2022AvailableFrom$2,235*
Oct Sun 30 2022 to Nov Wed 09 2022AvailableFrom$2,235*
Nov Sun 13 2022 to Nov Wed 23 2022AvailableFrom$2,235*
Dec Sun 04 2022 to Dec Wed 14 2022AvailableFrom$2,235*
Dec Sun 18 2022 to Dec Wed 28 2022AvailableFrom$2,495*
Dec Sun 25 2022 to Jan Wed 04 2023AvailableFrom$2,495*
Jan Sun 15 2023 to Jan Wed 25 2023AvailableFrom$2,235*
Jan Sun 29 2023 to Feb Wed 08 2023AvailableFrom$2,235*
Feb Sun 12 2023 to Feb Wed 22 2023AvailableFrom$2,235*
Feb Sun 26 2023 to Mar Wed 08 2023AvailableFrom$2,235*
Mar Sun 12 2023 to Mar Wed 22 2023AvailableFrom$2,235*
Mar Sun 26 2023 to Apr Wed 05 2023AvailableFrom$2,235*
Apr Sun 09 2023 to Apr Wed 19 2023AvailableFrom$2,495*
Apr Sun 23 2023 to May Wed 03 2023AvailableFrom$2,235*
May Sun 07 2023 to May Wed 17 2023AvailableFrom$1,995*
May Sun 21 2023 to May Wed 31 2023AvailableFrom$1,995*
9 nights 4-5 star hotels.
1 overnight train from Cairo to Luxor (Private 2 berth sleeper cabin).
Touring - Cairo, Giza, Saqqara, Luxor, Dendera and Hurghada.
Airport arrival and departure transfer on day 1 and day 11.
Services of an Egyptian tour guide degree qualified in Egyptology.
All relevant transfer and transportation in private modern air-conditioned vehicles.
3 days in Hurghada - Red Sea coastal stay.
Day 1 - Cairo Sunday. Welcome to Egypt! Upon arrival at Cairo airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is free to relax or those arriving early can opt to join an optional Backstreets of Cairo tour which departs the hotel at 10am. At 7pm this evening meet your guide and the rest of the group at a Welcome Meeting.
Note: If you would like to extend your stay we offer an [[Alexandria Day Trip|122837]] on the Saturday before your tour starts or on the final day and can arrange pre/post tour accommodation upon request.
Day 2 - Pyramids of Giza Today see the incredible pyramids and the iconic Sphinx at The Giza Plateau. Perhaps opt to ride a camel. Later we travel to Saqqara, to explore the myriad of tombs and temples at the site and see Zhoser's step pyramid - constructed by Imhotep, the pharaoh's chief architect in 2700 BC.
Day 3 - Grand Egyptian Museum Cairo - Luxor. We take a guided tour of the vast new Grand Egyptian Museum in Giza this morning. In this incredible 490,000 sq.m complex we'll discover a mind-boggling array of relics and antiquities from almost every period of ancient Egyptian history, including the treasures of King Tutankhamun. Then we head over to National Museum of Egyptian Civilization to see the mummies of ancient Egyptian kings and queens on display in the Royal Mummies' Hall. Returning to the hotel there's time to relax by the pool before we board the night train to Luxor this evening.
Please Note: the Grand Egyptian Museum is scheduled to open in late 2022, though an official opening date has yet to be released. If travelling prior to the opening of the new facility we'll visit the Egyptian Museum instead.
Day 4 - Luxor We arrive into Luxor this morning and drive to Dendera which is one of Egypt's best preserved temple complexes, located 60km north of Luxor. This vast complex covers 40,000 square meters and its temples, chapels and shrines were gradually built over thousands of years. Dendera's crowning glory is the 2000 year old Temple of Hathor with its exquisitely decorated ceiling. After our guided tour of this incredible site we return to Luxor where the afternoon if free to spend at leisure. Take a stroll around town or enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool and soak up the sunshine.
This evening there is an optional visit to view the beautiful Temple of Luxor at night. Book and pay locally.
Day 5 - Luxor 4000 year-old Luxor is ancient Egypt at its very best and this morning we tour the West Bank. Our first stop is the famous Valley of the Kings, which is home to many beautifully decorated pharaohs' tombs. After exploring this incredible site we travel on to visit the beautiful limestone, colonnaded Temple of Hatshepsut, who was one of only three Egyptian ruling queens. We'll also see the imposing 18m-high Colossi of Memnon, which are all that remains of the temple of the hedonistic Amenophis III.
Returning to the hotel at around midday there's time to have lunch and relax by the pool before we visit the colossal Temple of Karnak later this afternoon. More than a temple, Karnak is a spectacular complex of sanctuaries, pylons, chapels, halls and obelisks, all dedicated to the Theban gods and to the greater glory of Egypt’s Middle and New Kingdom rulers.
Day 6 - Luxor Today is free for you to spend at leisure in Luxor. Relax and soak up the sunshine by the hotel pool or explore Luxor on foot, following the waterside corniche and maybe stopping for drink and a bite to eat at one of the many Nile side cafes and tea houses. Alternatively, there is an optional tour of the Luxor Museum that can be booked locally. The Luxor Museum is located on the corniche and contains a fascinating array of Egyptian antiquities.
Day 7-9 - Hurghada Luxor - Hurghada. Departing Luxor we head east to Hurghada on the beautiful Red Sea Riviera for three days by the beach. The next two days are free for you to explore Hurghada or simply relax. There's an optional day trip to Giftun Island for swimming and snorkelling, which can be booked locally.
Hurghada is one of the most popular Red Sea resorts. Hotels and expanded infrastructure provide holidaymakers with excellent aquatic facilities for sail boarding, yachting, deep-sea fishing, SCUBA diving and snorkeling and Hurghada’s central location provides a gateway to prime offshore reefs, which are some of the finest in the world. Hurghada also has plenty of restaurants and late night bars for evening entertainment.
Day 10 - Cairo Hurghada - Cairo. This morning we depart Hurghada and drive back to Cairo. The rest of the day is free for you to relax by the pool, independently explore or perhaps opt to visit the famous Khan el Khalili bazaar to buy some souvenirs.
Day 11 - Cairo Wednesday. Hotel check out and included onward transfer to airport.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 May 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans