THE LONE STAR STATE TO THE FRENCH QUARTER
From 23/09/2021 to 04/10/2021
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 0.
Breakfasts Included: 6.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 0.
Day 1 - DALLAS Welcome to Dallas! Your Tour Director is on hand late this afternoon to answer any questions.
Day 2 - DALLAS Today's sightseeing features Pioneer Plaza, commemorating the trails that brought settlers to Dallas and cattle to market; the Historic West End; and Dealey Plaza, where history buffs can learn all about that moment in history at the Sixth Floor Museum, the location from which the alleged killer, Lee Harvey Oswald, fired the lethal shots that killed President John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963.
Day 3 - DALLAS-FORT WORTH This morning, journey to Fort Worth, a Texas city famous for its unmistakable combination of "cowboys and culture." Visit the Stockyards National Historic District and get a taste of the true American West. Afterward, meet the drovers/cowboys of the Fort Worth Herd and see a Longhorn cattle drive before visiting the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame. It's here that the museum pays tribute to more than 70 cowboys and cowgirls who have excelled in the sport of rodeo, and the Western lifestyle. This evening, you may choose to enjoy Sundance Square. Overnight in Fort Worth.
Day 4 - FORT WORTH-WACO-AUSTIN In Waco, visit the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum. Learn about the mission, history, staff and governance of America's first law enforcement historical centre founded in 1964. Then visit the Bob Bullock State History Museum that tells the "Story of Texas." Afterward, enjoy a city sightseeing tour that features Austin's downtown, including historic Sixth Street, the Texas Capitol complex, Governor's Mansion, and the University of Texas.
Day 5 - AUSTIN-FREDERICKSBURG A short drive from Austin to Texas Hill Country, and home to the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historic Park. Discover the story of the 36th president, from his ancestors to his final resting place, at the LBJ Ranch. See and learn about President and Mrs. Johnson's lives on the ranch during a tour of the grounds that includes the Junction School, President Johnson's reconstructed birthplace. Johnson Family cemetery and the hangar visitor centre that features exhibits, and artefacts. Next, on to Fredericksburg, and time on your own to enjoy this historic town. Spend the afternoon leisurely strolling the historic district shopping, perusing one-of-a-kind, eclectic shops, art galleries, and museums. (B)
Day 6 - FREDERICKSBURG-SAN ANTONIO This morning, journey to the most visited city in Texas: San Antonio, home of the Alamo and the historic River Walk. Upon arrival, sightseeing with a local guide includes visits to the San Fernando Cathedral, the oldest in the U.S., and downtown's authentic Mexican marketplace, El Mercado. Afterward, visit the infamous Alamo. It was here in 1836 that a small band of Texans defended themselves against the Mexican army, and although the Alamo fell, it remains hallowed ground and symbolises courage and sacrifice for the cause of liberty. End your day back at the River Walk, where Spanish colonial architecture, fountains, and plazas make it one of the city's most picturesque areas. (B)
Day 7 - SAN ANTONIO This morning, a private narrated cruise down the San Antonio River through the picturesque River Walk area. The remainder of the day is at leisure. (B)
Day 8 - SAN ANTONIO-HOUSTON Houston is a city of firsts. The first word spoken on the moon was heard here, and it is home to the first successful human heart transplant and America's first public television station. Appreciate all that Houston has to offer on a sightseeing tour of America's fourth-largest city. See the Theatre District, which is second only to New York City, and marvel at the world famous Texas Medical Centre, whose 675 acres and 42 non-profit institutions make it the largest medical complex in the world. Last, but not least, is a visit to one of Houston's most expensive neighbourhoods, River Oaks. (B)
Day 9 - HOUSTON A special highlight today is a visit to Johnson Space Centre, home of NASA and the U.S. Space Program. Be inspired by the wonders of space exploration and go behind the scenes of America's exciting space program. Be a part of history in the making as you witness engineers, scientists, and astronauts shaping the future of space exploration. With this behind-the-scenes journey, you will also visit the Historic Apollo Mission Control Centre, and Saturn V Rocket, the most powerful moon rocket ever built and one of only three moon rockets remaining in the world. (B) NOTE: The buildings visited on the tram tour are real working areas of Johnson Space Centre and are subject to closure without notice.
Day 10 - HOUSTON-LAFAYETTE A beautiful drive past fertile prairies, delicate marshes, and abundant wildlife takes you to Lafayette, Louisiana. Cruise through moss-draped cypress trees and winding waterways of the Atchafalaya Basin swamp lands. Keep an eye out for lurking alligators as you experience one of the most unique wildernesses on earth. (B)
Day 11 - LAFAYETTE-NEW ORLEANS This morning, journey across Bayou Country into New Orleans, capital of Dixieland and the "City That Care Forgot." Upon arrival, a guided sightseeing tour focuses on the sights and sounds of New Orleans, featuring French Quarter landmarks, including St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, and a visit to a unique above-ground cemetery. Afternoon and evening are at leisure.
Day 12 - NEW ORLEANS Your holiday ends this morning. You can extend your holiday in New Orleans with extra nights and explore further.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 26 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans