PORTRAIT OF POLAND
From 11/09/2021 to 19/09/2021
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 5.
Breakfasts Included: 8.
Lunches Included: 0.
Dinners Included: 5.
Day 1 - ARRIVE IN WARSAW, POLAND. Check into your hotel. Explore the Polish capital with the help of the CosmosGO app. In the early evening, meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers.
Day 2 - WARSAW-GDANSK. Today's included sightseeing tour with a Local Guide is an excellent introduction to Warsaw. Magnificently reconstructed after WWII, Warsaw is a rich tapestry of nearly every European architectural style, from Gothic to Neoclassical, with wide, modern avenues in striking contrast to the narrow lanes of the old section. Continue to Gdansk on the Baltic Sea, which was one of the most important Hanseatic cities in the 14th and 15th centuries. (B,D) Today's Distance: 242 mi/ 390 km
Day 3 - GDANSK Among the most important shipping ports in Northern Europe, Gdansk (formerly known by its German name, Danzig) is the birthplace of "Solidarity," the Polish trade union that revolutionised Polish modern politics. On the included city tour this morning, your Local Guide will explain to you the city's past and present. Later, spend some time exploring on your own, or join the optional excursion to the town of Malbork, founded in the 13th century by the Teutonic Knights. Visit its Gothic Marienburg Castle, one of the most striking fortified castles in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B,D)
Day 4 - GDANSK-TORUN-POZNAN. First stop today is medieval Torun on the Vistula River, birthplace of renaissance astronomer Copernicus and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your Local Guide will introduce you to the many captivating highlights, including the starowka (Old Town) with the ruins of a 13th-century Teutonic Knights' castle, as well as many samples of Gothic architecture. Head west to Poznan, one of the country's oldest cities and a part of Polish history for the past 1,000 years. This afternoon, discover the main attractions on your included city sightseeing with a Local Guide. (B,D) Today's Distance: 255 mi/ 410 km
Day 5 - POZNAN-JASNA G¿RA- KRAK¿W. First, to Jasna Gora in Czestochowa for a guided visit of the Monastery that withstood the repeated onslaughts of overwhelming Swedish forces during the religious wars of the 17th century. Since then, its Black Madonna has been venerated as the "Queen of Poland" and has become the country's national symbol. Later, head to Krakow. (B,D) Today's Distance: 317 mi/ 510 km
Day 6 - KRAK¿W. Dating back to the 7th century, Krakow is revered by many as Poland's most beautiful city. It was the country's capital for over 500 years. On your included guided tour, see the Market Square, the Jewish Quarter, Wawel Hill, and visit the Cathedral. Continue exploring on your own or book an optional visit to the spectacular Wieliczka Salt Mines, a subterranean maze of tunnels and chambers-some of them richly decorated. This evening, consider joining an optional traditional dinner. (B)
Day 7 - KRAK¿W. EXCURSION TO ZAKOPANE. Get a breath of fresh mountain air today on the included excursion to Zakopane. Located in a picturesque valley at the base of the Tatra mountain range, Zakopane has developed into a beautiful, pristine resort. Typical of this area are the highlander wooden houses, cafes, restaurants, and shops on Krupowski Street. Enjoy a little hiking or browse around the small market for authentic souvenirs. Return to Krakow. (B,D) Today's Distance: 137 mi/ 220 km
Day 8 - KRAK¿W-AUSCHWITZ-WARSAW. Encounter sobering history this morning on your visit to the Auschwitz concentration camp, a chilling reminder of the Holocaust. In the afternoon, continue to Warsaw. Tonight's optional dinner is a great way to round out your fascinating adventure in Poland. (B) Today's Distance: 239 mi/ 385 km
Day 9 - WARSAW Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans