THE BEST OF BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA WITH BRAZIL'S AMAZON
From 13/07/2022 to 05/12/2022
Breakfasts Included: 12.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 4.
Breakfasts Included: 12.
Lunches Included: 2.
Dinners Included: 4.
Day 1 - MANAUS, BRAZIL Welcome to the capital of the Amazonas region where you will be met by a Monograms representative. Located in the dense Amazon Jungle area, Manaus preserves images of its opulent past and is still a major port-even 1,000 miles inland!
Day 2 - MANAUS-AMAZON JUNGLE Floating past the clustered huts of locals living on the banks of the river, cruise down the Rio Negro to the Meeting of the Waters. Marvel at the confluence of the dark-coloured Rio Negro and the light chocolate-coloured Rio Solimoes, where the two rivers come together to form the mighty Amazon. For four miles, these two bodies of water flow side by side before they mix together. Later, disembark at a jungle island (water level permitting) with fascinating native flora and fauna. This afternoon, arrive at the Ecopark Jungle Lodge on the banks of the Rio Negro inside the Amazonian rainforest. (B,L,D)
Day 3 - AMAZON JUNGLE Enjoy a Naturalist-guided walk to see the flora and fauna that thrive in the Amazon. After lunch, sail up the river to visit an Amazon native Caboclo village to learn about their traditions, costumes, and culture. Also, try your hand at piranha fishing! Later, visit the Monkey Jungle Reserve, where researchers work to rehabilitate primates like spider, squirrel, woolly, and capuchin monkeys and reintroduce them into the jungle. This evening, venture back out on canoe with your Naturalist to appreciate the sounds of the jungle at night and look for small alligators (and other night creatures). (B,L,D)
Day 4 - AMAZON JUNGLE-RIO DE JANEIRO This morning, depart the Ecopark for a Manaus city tour featuring the famous Opera House, completed in 1896 after 15 years of construction, and a local market. Continue to the airport for your flight to Rio. (B)
Day 5 - RIO DE JANEIRO Welcome to spectacular Rio de Janeiro, home to white-sand beaches and world-famous Carnival! Today, meet your Tour Director, who will have pointers for your free time exploration. (B)
Day 6 - RIO DE JANEIRO Sprawling between majestic granite peaks and the blue South Atlantic, Rio is a city of beauty, wonder, and energy. Guided sightseeing with a Local Guide begins with a drive along Rio's famed Leblon, Ipanema, and Copacabana beaches. Take the cog railway 2,300 feet up to the summit of Corcovada to view the famous Christ the Redeemer statue and enjoy 360-degree views of Guanabara Bay and the bustling city below. Your afternoon is free to explore the city on your own. (B)
Day 7 - RIO DE JANEIRO A free day in Rio allows you to relax on one of the famous beaches or take an optional excursion to the historic city of Petropolis to see the former summer palace of Emperor Pedro II. (B)
Day 8 - RIO DE JANEIRO-IGUASSU FALLS A morning flight takes you to Iguassu Falls, one of the greatest natural wonders of the world. Upon arrival, journey to the Brazilian side of the falls to see the mammoth series of 275 waterfalls cascading over a precipice almost two miles wide and 250 feet deep. Walk into Devil's Throat Canyon, where the clouds of mist, thundering roar, and 180-degree rainbows surround you- an unforgettable experience! (B,D)
Day 9 - IGUASSU FALLS Cross the border for a visit of the Argentine side of Iguassu Falls. Begin with a short ride on the open-air Ecological Jungle Train through the rainforest. A series of boardwalks takes you above the falls to see the water crashing down into the Devil's Throat. Your afternoon is free to explore, or you may opt to visit the Bird Park, home to many species of endemic birds, as well as flora from the area. (B)
Day 10 - IGUASSU FALLS-BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA Transfer to the airport for your flight to Buenos Aires, Argentina's cosmopolitan capital. After settling into your hotel, an orientation tour familiarizes you with the "Paris of South America" and its wide boulevards, outdoor cafes, and charming shops. (B)
Day 11 - BUENOS AIRES Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide focuses on the city's landmarks, including the Teatro Colon Opera House and Plaza de Mayo, site of La Casa Rosada (the President's Pink House), and Metropolitan Cathedral. Also, visit La Boca and San Telmo, one of Buenos Aires' oldest neighborhoods, and Recoleta Cemetery, where Eva Peron is buried. End your day with an Argentinean meal, followed by a sensuous Tango show highlighting the alluring dance that is so popular here. (B,D)
Day 12 - BUENOS AIRES Today is free for independent activities, or you can take an optional excursion to visit a local estancia (ranch) to experience the life of the gauchos (cowboys), as well as traditional dance performances and a barbecue lunch. (B)
Day 13 - BUENOS AIRES Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans