Vietnam Family Holiday - 8 Days
From 2021-10-24 to 2022-12-25
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sun 24 2021 to Oct Sun 31 2021Limited AvailabilityFrom$1,745*
Dec Sun 19 2021 to Dec Sun 26 2021AvailableFrom$1,745*
Jan Sun 02 2022 to Jan Sun 09 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
Feb Sun 20 2022 to Feb Sun 27 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
Apr Sun 10 2022 to Apr Sun 17 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
Apr Sun 17 2022 to Apr Sun 24 2022AvailableFrom$1,685*
May Sun 29 2022 to Jun Sun 05 2022AvailableFrom$1,625*
Jun Sun 26 2022 to Jul Sun 03 2022AvailableFrom$1,625*
Jul Sun 03 2022 to Jul Sun 10 2022AvailableFrom$1,625*
Jul Sun 31 2022 to Aug Sun 07 2022AvailableFrom$1,625*
Aug Sun 07 2022 to Aug Sun 14 2022AvailableFrom$1,625*
Aug Sun 21 2022 to Aug Sun 28 2022AvailableFrom$1,625*
Sep Sun 18 2022 to Sep Sun 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,625*
Sep Sun 25 2022 to Oct Sun 02 2022AvailableFrom$1,625*
Breakfast daily, 4 lunches and 1 dinner .
6 nights 4 star hotels and 1 night aboard deluxe junk boat (private en suite cabin).
Halong Bay Junk boat cruise - opt to swim, kayak and explore caves.
Bicycle ride to Cam Thanh Village, farm experience and cooking demonstration.
Guided sightseeing - Hanoi, Halong Bay and Hoi An.
Escorted by an English speaking Vietnamese tour guide.
Economy class flight: Hanoi to Da Nang.
Airport arrival transfer day 1 and departure transfer day 8.
All relevant transfers and transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles.
Day 1 - Hanoi Sunday. Xin Chao! Welcome to Vietnam and the start of your family holiday. You'll be met by our representative at the airport and transferred to our hotel for check-in. The rest of the day is free for you and your family to explore the city, with its picturesque tree-lined avenues, scenic lakes, ancient pagodas and bustling old town, all of which are easily accessible by foot. At 6pm there will be a Welcome Meeting in the hotel lobby.
Day 2 - Hanoi After breakfast, we head out to explore the Vietnamese capital, starting at the Ho Chi Minh complex. Here we take in Ho's mausoleum and the former leader's simple house on stilts, where he chose to live throughout the Vietnam War.
We also enjoy a guided walking tour of the Old Quarter of Hanoi with its '36 Streets', where skilled craftsmen and artisan guilds set up shop in what was once the beating heart of the city. After our tour, we enjoy a delicious lunch before returning to the hotel. The afternoon is free to relax or further explore independently.
Day 3 - Halong Bay Hanoi - Halong Bay. Leaving Hanoi, we transfer to perhaps the jewel in Vietnam's crown - pristine Halong Bay. Here karst limestone islets dappled with green vegetation rise out of the emerald water. We'll be exploring the bay on an overnight cruise aboard a deluxe junk boat, which are based on a traditional design, combining oriental style with modern luxury.
This afternoon we visit Trinh Nu Cave to marvel at the stalactites and stalagmites. You can also go kayaking or enjoy a refreshing swim in the bay. This evening there's a Vietnamese cooking demonstration back onboard and we tuck in to a tasty seafood dinner.
Day 4 - Hoi An Halong Bay - Da Nang - Hoi An. Early risers can join a Tai Chi class on the sundeck at sunrise. There's also time to explore the beautiful Sung Sot Cave, which consists of two cavernous chambers that are big enough to hold thousands of people. After visiting the cave, we disembark our junk boat and transfer to Hanoi airport for our flight to Da Nang. From Da Nang we transfer to Hoi An, where the evening is free to relax or explore this enchanting waterfront town.
Day 5 - Hoi An walking tour Hoi An is a charming, old-world trading port, home to quaint cobbled streets, traditional Vietnamese houses and tiny shops - the perfect place to lose yourself in a bygone era. On a short walking tour we take in the Chua Ong Pagoda, Chinese Assembly Hall, 200-year old Tam Ky house and the even older Japanese Bridge. The rest of the day is free to relax at the hotel with your family or further explore this endearing town your way. Boutique restaurants, hip cafes along the waterfront, delightful craft shops and artisans including some of Asia’s best bespoke tailors (whose services come at a nominal price), can all be found here.
Day 6 - Hoi An Today we enjoy a leisurely bicycle ride past rice paddies, local orchards and rural farm workers to Cam Thanh village. Meeting local farmers, we enjoy a fun, hands-on farming experience. Get stuck in as we help the farmers with their daily works, including spreading organic manure, creating organic pesticides and cultivating the soil.
Our hard work deserves its rewards and after the gardening, we use some of the farms organic produce to cook a delicious lunch. Eat your meal out in the garden before we continue on our bicycles to a bamboo workshop. Here we work with a talented craftsman to make our own bamboo sculptures and products. We then transfer back to the hotel.
Day 7 - Hoi An Today is completely free of scheduled activities so that you can relax with your family or further explore however you like. Hoi An is great for shopping and there are many fantastic restaurants that foodies may wish to visit, alternatively consider heading to the beach for the day.
Day 8 - Hoi An Hoi An - Da Nang. Today our Vietnamese family adventure comes to an end. There's an included departure transfer to Da Nang Airport for your onward flight home.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 September 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans