Today, Qantas announced the relaunch of their loyalty program aimed at businesses and business travellers. The Qantas Business Rewards program will replace the existing Aquire program that launched in 2014, providing businesses with the same reliable service along with a few added bonuses.
Aimed at small to medium-sized enterprises (SME), everyone from sole traders to companies with upwards of a few hundred employees can get more bang for their buck when they travel for work.
"Qantas Business rewards works in much the same way as Frequent Flyer, with a mix of partners that reflect the kind of transactions small businesses make most often, including air travel ... This is another reason for businesses to choose Qantas, on top of the network reach, reliability and level of service we offer," Qantas Group CEO Alan Joyce said.
The new program has been completely revamped, now allowing businesses to earn Qantas points from the very first dollar spent. So how does it all work?
For every 100 Qantas Points earned by the individual as a Qantas Frequent Flyer, members of the Qantas Business Rewards Program will earn additional points for the business. There are three levels of membership, ensuring benefits for all members regardless of how frequent they fly:
- Level 1 (up to 20,000 Qantas Points): Businesses earn 20 Qantas Points for every 100 your flyers earn and 5% off the base fare on select airfares.
- Level 2 (20,000 to 99,999 Qantas Points): Businesses earn 30 Qantas Points for every 100 your flyers earn and 7% off the base fare on select airfares.
- Level 3 (100,000 or more Qantas Points): 40 Qantas Points for every 100 your flyers earn, 8% off the base fare on select airfares and 2% off the base fare on select Red e-Deals.
Even better, the benefits are not restricted to your business. Your employees will gain as well, with each flyer able to earn Qantas Points, Status Credits and 10% on Qantas Club membership. Points can also be earned on the ground, with more than 40 partners offering rewards for every dollar you spend across travel, car hire, leasing and parking, banking, finance and accounting, phone, internet, accommodation, insurance and much more.
Qantas has also announced that, for the first time, Qantas Business Rewards members can earn points with Caltex Australia through their StarCard program. That means one Qantas Point for every:
- one litre of Vortex Premium fuels
- two litres of regular petrol and diesel
- $1 spent on eligible products in-store
- $1 spent on vehicle servicing
Joining the program is as easy as putting it to use for your business. All Aquire members will automatically be transferred to the new Qantas Rewards Business program. New members need only be an Australian-based business with a valid ABN. For more information on the new program, or for assistance in signing up, contact your preferred FCBT Travel Manager, speak to a Business Development Manager on 1300 797 826 or visit www.fcbt.com.au.