Qantas has today announced a significant expansion within North America with new codeshare arrangements with fellow OneWorld partner American Airlines and new codeshare routes with Alaska Airlines and WestJet.
Effective for travel from 25 October, an additional 40 routes will be opened up across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
In total, Qantas will now offer codeshares on over 200 routes, covering more than 100 routes across the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Qantas International CEO, Gareth Evans, said the expanded coverage is great news for customers travelling both to and from North America, delivering even more seamless travel experiences and benefits for Qantas frequent flyers.
“The new codeshare services will allow our customers to enjoy more connections across North America, Canada and Mexico from our Los Angeles and new San Francisco gateways and have their luggage checked straight through to their final destination,” said Mr Evans.
“With the launch of our nonstop flights to San Francisco later this year, we’ve identified an opportunity to position this port as another key US hub for Qantas customers by extending the codeshares we already have in place.
“Our frequent flyers in particular will benefit from booking on the Qantas code, with increased opportunities to earn points and status credits,” added Mr Evans.
More on Qantas:
Qantas And American Airlines
Currently Qantas operates 37 non-stop flights per week to Los Angeles, Honolulu and Dallas/Fort Worth from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
In addition, Qantas offers a daily one-stop flight to New York (via Los Angeles) and seasonal flights to Vancouver commence in December. A new service to San Francisco begins 20 December with five flights per week, ramping up to six from January 2016.
In addition to Qantas services, American Airlines will start daily non-stop flights between Sydney and Los Angeles beginning 19 December with their new flagship aircraft, the Boeing 777-300ER.
Qantas and American Airlines will also offer coordinated schedules on the popular Sydney to Los Angeles route with connecting services beyond the US gateway.
New Codeshare Routes
- From Los Angeles (LAX) with American Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Charlotte (CLT), Columbus (CMH), Philadelphia (PHL), Pittsburgh (PIT) and Raleigh Durham (RDU).
- From San Francisco (SFO) with American Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Charlotte (CLT), Philadelphia (PHL) and Phoenix (PHX).
- From San Francisco (SFO) with Alaska Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Seattle (SEA), Portland (PDX) and Palm Springs (PSP).
- From Los Angeles (LAX) with American Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Vancouver (YVR).
- With WestJet, Qantas will add codeshares on an additional 25 city pairs to/from/within Canada from Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto.
- From Los Angeles (LAX) with American Airlines, Qantas will add codeshares to Mexico City (MEX), Guadalajara (GDL) and San Jose de Cabo (SJD).