Melbourne to Adelaide Flights
Surrounded by some of Australia's best wine regions and rich, fertile farmland, Adelaide is paradise for lovers of fine food and wine. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes and surcharges specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a code share partner of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge (see booking terms and conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Flying time from Melbourne to Adelaide: 1 hour 20 minutes approximately Distance from CBD: 6km
Taxi: Around $15 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttles and public buses run daily between the airport and CBD.
Currency: Australian Dollar
First stop for many visitors to Adelaide is the historic Central Market, which buzzes with life and colour as 80 stallholders gather to trade fresh fruit and vegetables, artisan cheeses, organic meats, flowers and more. Soak up the atmosphere over breakfast at Zuma Cafe and pick up some treats at the Smelly Cheese Shop.
Adelaide is a modern, multicultural city with an exciting fusion of flavours from all over the world. The Barossa Valley's German heritage has left its mark on the city, with a European flair to many of the restaurants and coffee houses. Dress up for afternoon tea at Lenzerheide Restaurant, which is located inside a beautiful old manor house, or head to Felici or The Coffee Barun to get a taste of Adelaide's vibrant café culture. If Asian food is more your thing, the locals swear by Ying Chow for cheap, cheerful, authentic Chinese. This Gouger Street institution serves traditional Guangzhou cuisine like salt-and-pepper squid, and often has queues out the door.
Want to make the most of Adelaide's culinary scene? Consider taking a gourmet city tour.
Adelaide Airport (ADL)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Adelaide Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located within close proximity to Adelaide Airport. Book your Adelaide Airport Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Adelaide
The following airlines fly to Adelaide domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Adelaide, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.