Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Steeped in history, the city is well worth exploring before you continue on your way. To get an insight into South Africa's dark past, head to the Apartheid Museum, offering a harrowing, yet inspiring, journey through the apartheid era – how it started, life under it, and the struggle against it, right through to Nelson Mandela's release and life post-apartheid. This is a must-see for those interested in history and seeking a deeper understanding of the struggles the country has endured.
For something a little more light hearted, head to FNB Stadium, also referred to as Soccer City, which is the heart of South African football. Used for the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, this state-of-the-art stadium is a must-see. With a capacity of over 94,000 the atmosphere can be electric. Why not book tickets for a local soccer game and experience it firsthand?
For a taste of Africa, animal lovers should visit Johannesburg Zoo. Stop for a picnic lunch and enjoy some time away from the hectic, bustling city.
Johannesburg Airport (JNB)
Flights from Australia to Johannesburg will disembark at O.R Tambo International Airport.
O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB) in Johannesburg is the busiest airport in Africa and the main transport hub of South Africa. Formerly known as Johannesburg International, the airport takes its name from Oliver Reginald Tambo, a former president of the African National Congress. O.R Tambo caters for over 17 million passengers per year and is the primary hub for South African Airways.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to O.R Tambo International Airport. Book your Johannesburg Airport accommodation.
Getting to Johannesburg
There are several airlines that offer flights to Johannesburg from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take around 14 hours. Flights from Melbourne and Brisbane via Sydney take around 17 hours. Direct flights from Perth take around 11 hours.
Airlines that fly to Joahnnesburg
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Johannesburg from Australia include:
For more information on Johannesburg holidays check out our Johannesburg travel guide.
For flights to Johannesburg from Adelaide, give our experienced travel consultants a call.