Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
One of the major tourist attractions in the city is Constitution Hill. The precinct is the site of a notorious prison, which was originally built as a fort in 1892, but was soon after converted into a jail known for its harsh conditions and inhumane treatment of prisoners. Famous inmates include Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. Today Constitution Hill offers a fascinating glimpse into 20th Century South African history.
To gain a greater insight into apartheid, consider exploring the Apartheid Museum, opened in 2001 at a cost of 80 million rand or around AUD$10 million. Through 22 exhibits, the museum comprehensively documents the rise of apartheid in 1948 by the National Party and the subsequent collapse culminating in the 1994 election of Nelson Mandela.
Of growing interest is a tour of the most impoverished districts including Soweto, to see firsthand the conditions.
Johannesburg Airport (JNB)
Flights from Australia to Johannesburg will disembark at O.R Tambo International Airport.
O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB) in Johannesburg is the busiest airport in Africa and the main transport hub of South Africa. Formerly known as Johannesburg International, the airport takes its name from Oliver Reginald Tambo, a former president of the African National Congress. O.R Tambo caters for over 17 million passengers per year and is the primary hub for South African Airways.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to O.R Tambo International Airport. Book your Johannesburg Airport accommodation.
Getting to Johannesburg
There are several airlines that offer flights to Johannesburg from Australia. Direct flights from Sydney take around 14 hours. Flights from Melbourne and Brisbane via Sydney take around 17 hours. Direct flights from Perth take around 11 hours.
Airlines that fly to Joahnnesburg
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Johannesburg from Australia include:
For more information on Johannesburg holidays check out our Johannesburg travel guide.
For flights to Johannesburg from Melbourne, give our experienced travel consultants a call.