Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website at https://www.flightcentre.com.au/booking-terms-condition).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information.
Oaks Shores Resort
Located on the very scenic Lake Wakatipu, Oaks Shores is a luxuriously appointed Queenstown apartment-style hotel in the most popular New Zealand ski resort town, Queenstown. Each spacious apartment is impeccably appointed with chic, contemporary furnishings and balconies, most with stunning view...
Travel Dates: 1 - 25 October 2018
Hotel St Moritz
Idyllically situated in the heart of Queenstown and with wonderful views overlooking Lake Wakatipu to The Remarkables mountain range, Hotel St Moritz embodies the spirit of its location. Blending understated luxury with warmth, and genuine hospitality, Hotel St Moritz offers a choice of newly ren...
Travel Dates: 1 - 25 October 2018
Another extremely quick hop across the Tasman, Melbourne to Queenstown flights depart three times every day from Tullamarine headed for Queenstown Airport. Melbourne locals in particular will find that Queenstown is a good counterpart to their home in terms of weather, making the destination a familiar one before you’ve even taken a step off the plane.
Let us find you the best flight to Queenstown from Melbourne today. The sooner you book your getaway, the sooner you could be sipping coffee with views of the mountains, touring the fabulous wine region, or perhaps even launching yourself off a 450m ledge (tied to a bungy cord, of course!).
Flying To Queenstown
Melbourne to Queenstown Flight Time: 3 hours, 15 minutes.
There are a number of airlines that fly out of Melbourne to Queenstown:
Airlines that fly to Queenstown
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Queenstown from Melbourne include:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Queenstown, have a look at our international airline page.
Queenstown Airport (ZQN)
Flights from Australia to Queenstown will disembark at Queenstown Airport.
Queenstown Airport (ZQN) is located in Frankton, New Zealand, and is a gateway to the popular resort town of Queenstown. Both international and domestic flights are serviced through the one terminal building.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Queenstown Airport. Whether you want to stay close to the airport or in the heart of the city, take a look at our range of Queenstown accommodation deals.
Top tips for your trip to Queenstown
The world's first permanent commercial bungy site is off the Kawarau Bridge, just outside Queenstown. A J Hackett set up the business in November 1988 and continues to delight enthusiasts with the 43-metre drop – thrill seekers have the option of bobbing above the water, touching the water and being dunked. The name bungy is Kiwi slang for elastic strap. Also consider bungying from the Ledge or the Nevis, which boasts New Zealand's highest drop at 134 metres.
AJ Hackett offers a variety of other adrenaline pursuits including the Nevis Swing, the biggest swing in the world that releases participants along a 300 metre arc travelling at 150 kilometres/hourr. On the other hand, the Ledge Swing, allows daredevils to sway 400 metres above Queenstown. Parasailing is another adrenaline activity to keep you occupied.
For more information on Queenstown holidays check out our Queenstown holiday packages that include flights, accommodation and often other extras like tours or car hire.