Summits of Ecuador
From 04/11/2024 to 18/11/2025
Climb Chimborazo (6310m), Ecuador's highest volcano and the farthest point from the Earth's centre.
Climb Cotopaxi (5897m), one of the highest active volcanoes in the world.
Climb Illiniza Norte (5125m), the northern of the two popular Illiniza peaks, and Ecuador's 8th highest mountain.
Improve your mountaineering skills with hands-on glacier training.
Undertake a fully supported expedition with expert mountain guides.
Visit Quilotoa Lake.
Discover the culture of Ecuador with market visits & Quito city tour.
Stay overnight in the community of Pondoa for a true Ecuadorian experience.
15 breakfasts, 12 lunches and 6 dinnersBilingual mountain guide, either UIAGM or ASEGUIM certified (ratio of 1 guide to 2 climbers on Cotopaxi and Chimborazo, and 1 guide to 3 climbers on Illiniza)Airport transfers in Quito (up to 3 days before the start and last day of the trip)Private internal transportationMountain refuge accommodationClimbing pack including ice axe, crampons, harness, helmet, rope, and carabinersGood quality accommodationSightseeing and site entrance fees as listedGroup medical kitWorld Expeditions does not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone.
We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender and if we cannot match you up we will provide a single room at no extra charge.
If you prefer not to share a single supplement is payable to guarantee your own room.
Please refer to our website for the additional cost.
Basic accommodation in mountain huts in the National Parks.
The huts are bunk style accommodation with 4 or more people and shared bathroom facilities.
The atmosphere in the huts is convivial and friendly and is part of the experience when trekking in Ecuador.
Most of the hotels and lodges we use in cities can be described as 3 star accommodation.
In smaller towns and villages hotel options are often limited and we might have to use more basic accommodation with a lower or without star rating.
Please note that the star rating in South America is very fluid and can’t be compared to a western standard star rating, however you can be assured of clean, comfortable and well located lodgings.
Group Size: 4 - 12.
Ecuador is a fantastic place to climb and a great travel destination in its own right. With a diversity of vegetation zones, from the tropical equatorial jungle to the high alpine plateau, Ecuador is dotted with majestic snow-capped volcanoes rising to over 6000m. To appreciate these remarkable contrasts we climb a range of peaks (Cotopaxi, Illiniza Norte,etc), culminating in an attempt on Ecuador's highest peak, Chimborazo. Under the guidance of our mountain guides we undertake glacier training and practice and develop the skills needed for the bigger peaks. Providing you have an excellent level of fitness this trip is suitable for experienced trekkers that are keen to go a step further and climb their first 6000m peak. Visits to the Otavalo market, Quito and the beautiful Quilotoa Lake ensure this expedition is more than just mountains but a complete Ecuadorian experience.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans