Lycian Guided Walk
From 10/10/2021 to 16/10/2022
Walk coastal and mountain paths with stunning scenery.
Discover archaeological sites only accessible on foot.
Visit the remains of the immersed city of Kekova.
Experience genuine cultural exchange with the local people.
7 breakfasts (B), 6 lunches (L) and 7 dinners (D) - Breakfasts is Turkish style and will generally include cheese (feta), olives, eggs, cucumber, tomatoes, jam, honey, bread, tea or coffee, fruits.
Lunch is either a packed lunch or at restaurants where available.
Dinner is a fixed menu; soup or hot and cold appetisers with fresh baked bread, main course (usually kebab varieties), salad, and dessert (fruits or baklava)7 nights in comfortable 2-3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilitiesPrivate transfers throughout as described in the itinerary - luggage transferred by vehicle on days 2, 5 and 7English speaking guideBoat trip to Kekova IslandGroup arrival and departure transfer from/to Antalya airportAs the trip price is based on twinshare, a single supplement is payable if you are not sharing with a friend / family member - or a single traveller supplement if you are travelling solo*.
Please refer to the price options for costs or ask our office for details.
Note regarding single rooms - The single supplement guarantees the privacy of your own room, however, rooms can at times be small and in some places may not enjoy the same facilities as double/twin rooms.
*The single traveller surcharge is only available on trips deemed suitable for solo travellers.
It is usually more expensive than the single supplement due to the extra cost for luggage transfers and organisation.
Accommodation during the trip is in comfortable 2-3 star hotels which are generally well located.
Group Size: 6 - 16.
Day 1 - Arrive Antalya, transfer to first hotel Today there will be one group transfer from Antalya airport to the first hotel in Antalya. Attalos II, King of Pergamum, founded Antalya in the 2nd century BC. Later the city was overtaken by Roman, Byzantine and Seljuk civilizations before it came under the control of the Ottomans. Today Antalya is an attractive city with its shaded palm-lined boulevards and lively marina. The picturesque old quarter known as Kaleici, with narrow streets and old wooden houses is where our hotel is located. A group meeting will be held later in the afternoon. Overnight Antalya. Drive: 20 min, 15km/9mi
Day 2 - Drive to Fethiye area, begin walk to Oludeniz lagoon and return to Fethiye (2-3hrs) We leave Antalya in the morning and drive to the Fethiye area. The beginning of our trek is in Kayakoy, originally named "Karmilassos". This is an old Greek village given up at the beginning of the 20th Century in accordance with the treaty of Lausanne, which envisaged an exchange of populations between Greece and Turkey. Two churches are remain between the ruins of stone-built houses. After a short visit we will begin our trek along a forest path which offers a splendid panorama on the limpid turquoise waters. We'll walk directly down to the Oludeniz lagoon, a national nature reserve and one of the most photographed beaches on the Mediterranean. It is usually possible to bathe very late in the season here so if the temperature allows there will be time for a swim. In the late afternoon, transfer to Fethiye and our hotel. Tonight is our first of three nights in this delightful coastal town. Drive: 3-4 hours, 190km/118mi. Walk: 6-7km/3.7-4.3mi. Ascend: 120m/394ft, descend: 240m/787ft.
Day 3 - Blue bay views from Ovacik en route to Kirme village, return to Fethiye (4hrs) After breakfast a short transfer will take us to the trailhead point near Ovacik village. From the southern foot of Babadag Mountain (1969m) we'll walk along the coastal side following a small path with a beautiful panoramic view over the deep blue bay of the Oludeniz. We'll continue along sheep trails through small authentic villages including Kozagac to Kirme village. Our bus will pick us up here and we'll drive back to Fethiye. Drive: 30 min, 25km/15.5mi. Walk: 10km/6.2mi. Ascend: 495m/1624ft, descend: 85m/279ft
Day 4 - Transfer to Faralya, walk to Yuva Beach via Butterfly Valley, return to Fethiye (4hrs) A short transfer (40 minutes) takes us to Faralya village where we begin our walk. After a small climb there is a magnificent view over Butterfly Valley. Continuing along the coastal trail the view transforms with every bay we pass. In the afternoon we reach Yuva Beach where we have lunch and spend time at the beach before returning to Fethiye. Drive: 40 min, 30km/18.6mi. Walk: 8km/5mi. Ascent: 30m/98ft, descent: 145m/476ft
Day 5 - Half day boat tour of Kekova Island, walk to Simena Castle, return to mainland and continue to Adrasan Today we travel by boat to discover well preserved archaeological sites. Along the northern coast of Kekova Island (Apollania), a number of the old houses were completely immersed by earthquakes during the Byzantine period. By boat, we travel round the island, where you will see down to a depth of 1 to 2 metres. By foot we walk up to the Simena castle rewarding us with outstanding views. The day ends with a stroll through Tersane (meaning dockyard), the site of the ancient city of Xera and its dockyards. Afterwards we are transferred to Adrasan via a visit to the ancient city of Myra. Overnight in Adrasan. Drive: 4hrs, 215km/134mi. Boat tour: half day (approximately 3-4hrs)
Day 6 - Walk along the coast to Gelidonia Lighthouse and back to Adrasan (5hrs) Today is a superb day of coastal walking. We begin today's walk from our hotel climbing steadily to a pass at 470m. We then drop down closer to the sea's edge, the route twists and turns amongst limestone crags, under pine trees and occasionally along the cliff edge. As we walk along the range of hills which form the backbone of Gelidonia there are views down to hidden coves and across to deserted islands. We climb again to arrive on a rock ridge overlooking the peninsula of Cape Gelidonia with its two lighthouses. We descend a stony path to the upper lighthouse and then follow a wide trail down through pine forests to our waiting vehicle and drive back to Adrasan. Drive: 20 min, 14km/8.7mi. Walk: 18km/11.2mi. Ascent: 400m/1313ft, descent: 400m/1312ft
Day 7 - Visit the flames of the Chimaira, continue to Cirali beach and the ruins of Olympos before transferring to Antalya (4hrs) After breakfast we leave Adrasan and drive to the village of Ulupinar where we join the Lycian Way and follow the trail south. We continue to Chimaira, where according to the legend, Chimerae; the monster blowing fire from its mouth was killed by the Lycian hero “Belle heron”. Today, situated at 300m above sea level, you can observe flames escaping among the rocks. Afterwards we walk down a gradual descent to the coast, finally arriving at the beach at Cirali. There will be an opportunity for those who wish to visit the ruins of Olympos which extend right down to the southern end of the beach. From here we drive to our hotel in Antalya. Drive: 1 hour, 80km/49.7mi. Walk: 9km/5.6mi (optional walk to Olympos +2km/1.2mi). Ascent: 390m/1280ft, descent: 120m/394ft
Day 8 - Transfer to airport, trip concludes After breakfast there will be a group transfer to the airport, trip concludes. Drive: 20 min, 11km/6.8mi
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 04 October 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans