Mountains of the Moon
From 02/06/2024 to 09/01/2026
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sun 02 2024 to Jun Fri 14 2024AvailableFrom$6,180*
Jun Sun 30 2024 to Jul Fri 12 2024AvailableFrom$6,180*
Jul Sun 28 2024 to Aug Fri 09 2024AvailableFrom$6,180*
Aug Sun 25 2024 to Sep Fri 06 2024AvailableFrom$6,180*
Dec Sun 01 2024 to Dec Fri 13 2024AvailableFrom$6,180*
Dec Sun 29 2024 to Jan Fri 10 2025AvailableFrom$6,180*
Jan Sun 26 2025 to Feb Fri 07 2025AvailableFrom$6,490*
Marvel at views from the summit of Margherita Peak (5109m).
Trek in the UNESCO World Heritage listed Rwenzori Mountains, a source of the River Nile.
Discover remote alpine valleys and glacial landscapes.
Experience pristine tropical rainforests.
Trek through Giant Lobelia forests along the remote Kilembe Trail.
Delight in the diverse flora of the region.
12 breakfasts, 11 lunches and 10 dinnersairport transfers (day 1 and 13 only)3 nights in good quality hotels on a twinshare basis9 nights fully supported camping in permanent camps on a multishare basis with camp bed and mattressgroup camping equipment (sleeping bag not included)group climbing gear (includes ropes, crampons, harness and ice axe)English speaking local guide *Rwenzori Mountain Guide and park rangerexperienced local guides, cook and camp crewporters to carry personal and group equipmentRwenzori trekking permits and mountain rescue fees valued at US$350private transportWe stay in permanent camps whilst on trek, with camps comprising of hut-like structures.
Each one has capacity for 6-8 people, sleeping in individual camp beds (sleeping bags NOT included).
Group Size: 2 - 8.
The Rwenzori Mountains, or the Mountains of the Moon, are easily Africa's best kept secret. Rarely visited and isolated, they contain much of Africa's permanent ice and the most varied mountain scenery as we climb from tropical rainforest, through alpine valleys to the glaciers. Our trek in the Rwenzori includes a challenging ascent on Margherita (5109m), Africa's 3rd highest mountain. This is a demanding ascent with muddy conditions and variable weather almost guaranteed. The real beauty of the trip is the ascent up the Kilembe route where the diverse flora in the forests and valleys includes giant heather, lobelia, groundsels and exuberant ferns. Under the watchful eye of our experienced mountain guides, we attempt the final ascent up to the summit of Margherita, which will require us to rope up and use crampons. However scaling the actual peak is more of a hard scramble than a climb and the exhilaration of reaching the top is enormous, as you look across Albert Peak to the Congo then east across the chain of the Rwenzori Mountains.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans