Mount Kenya Ascent
From 08/06/2024 to 12/12/2025
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jun Sat 08 2024 to Jun Fri 14 2024AvailableFrom$3,560*
Jul Sat 27 2024 to Aug Fri 02 2024AvailableFrom$3,560*
Sep Sat 07 2024 to Sep Fri 13 2024AvailableFrom$3,560*
Dec Sat 07 2024 to Dec Fri 13 2024AvailableFrom$3,560*
Feb Sat 01 2025 to Feb Fri 07 2025AvailableFrom$3,740*
Climb Point Lenana (4985m), the highest trekking peak on Mt Kenya.
Traverse Mount Kenya from East to West via the Chogoria and Sirimon routes.
Ascend via the quieter and more dramatic Chogoria route.
Delight in the beautiful alpine scenery and views.
Search for wildlife in the lower slopes.
6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and 5 dinners1 night in 3 star hotel on a twinshare basis5 nights fully supported camping on a twinshare tent basisGroup camping equipment including tent (sleeping bag and mat not included)Experienced local guides, cook and camp crewPorters to carry personal and group equipmentPrivate return transfers from Nairobi to Mt KenyaPark entrance fees valued at US$300World Expeditions does not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone.
We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender and if we cannot match you up we will provide a single room at no extra charge.
If you prefer not to share a single supplement is payable to guarantee your own room.
Please refer to our website for the additional cost.
We generally use various hotels of a good standard (3 star approx).
All accommodation is on a twin share basis, unless single rooms are requested and paid for in advance.
Group Size: 2 - 15.
Mt Kenya is regarded as the most visually stunning of the ice-capped African peaks and is home to a great diversity of wildlife, including leopard, elephant and buffalo. The ascent is an exhilarating and diverse trek, arguably the finest trek in Kenya, with relatively few hikers compared to Kilimanjaro. Many would argue that Mount Kenya, whilst not being as high as Kili, is certainly the more enjoyable, interesting and dramatic of the two mountains. The Chogoria/Sirimon Route offers the best combination of alpine scenery and acclimatisation as we ascend via spectacular Lake Michaelson and Lake Ellis to the trekking peak of Kenya, at Point Lenana (4985m). Our traverse continues to the north where we descend the stunning Sirimon trail with dramatic views.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 01 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans