Great Patagonian Traverse
From 08/12/2024 to 16/02/2025
Traverse Patagonia from the remote northern part to the south.
Trek the spectacular ‘W’ Trek in Torres del Paine National Park.
Ascend to the base of Torres del Paine for one of the most unforgettable mountain views in the world.
Undertake day walks in impressive Los Glaciares National Park.
Travel from Argentina to Chile via a little known route, crossing lakes and rivers by boat.
Marvel at the magnificent Perito Moreno Glacier.
Search for Patagonian wildlife.
14 breakfasts, 14 lunches, 10 dinnersExpert bilingual guideComfortable lodges and hotelsRefugios or camping (incl all equipment required) in Torres Del Paine and basic homestay/estancia in Candelario MancillaOne group transfer included in Balmaceda on day 1 and from Torres del Paine to Punta Arenas on day 15All internal ground transport by private bus for groups of 7 or more people, and public bus for groups of up to 6 travellers in Argentina.
In Chile private transportation for all group sizes.
All national park and site entry feesHorses to carry equipment on day 6Boat trips on Lago O'Higgins and Laguna DesiertoGroup medical kitWorld Expeditions does not require single travellers to pay a surcharge for travelling alone.
We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same gender and if we cannot match you up we will provide a single room at no extra charge.
If you prefer not to share a single supplement is payable to guarantee your own room.
Please refer to our website for the additional cost.
Most of the hotels and lodges we use can be described as 3 star accommodation.
In smaller towns and villages hotel options are often limited and we might have to use more basic accommodation with a lower or without star rating.
Please note that the star rating in South America is very fluid and can’t be compared to a western standard star rating, however you can be assured of clean, comfortable and well located lodgings.
Basic lodge accommodation, refugios or camping in the National Parks.
The refugios are bunk style accommodation with 4 or more people and shared bathroom facilities.
The atmosphere in the refugios or camping is convivial and friendly and is part of the experience when trekking in the southern part of Torres Del Paine national park.
Camping nights include tent, insulation mat and sleeping bag and shared bathroom facilities with hot water.
Group Size: 5 - 12.
This trek is sure to captivate the most seasoned trekker and offers the opportunity to traverse Patagonia, travelling its length from Coyhaique in the north to Puerto Natales in the South, mostly on foot and by boat via some of the most captivating and untouched national parks in the region. We begin in Balmaceda with a long drive down the Austral road to our lodge at Puerto Guadal, where the lake gives way to a breathtaking mountain vista beyond compare. Our forays into the mountains surrounding the lake set the scene for the rest of the trip. Our journey takes us via Villa O'Higgins, so named for the hero of Chilean independence, Bernardo O'Higgins, before joining our boat to cross Lago O'Higgins, with the Southern Patagonian Icefield in our midst. A recently opened pass between the shores of Lago O'Higgins in Chile and Laguna del Desierto in Argentina offers a unique way to continue our traverse and offers a side to Patagonia rarely seen by other trekkers. Of course our trip does not end there and continues to Los Glaciares National Park, home to a stunning array of granite spires including Cerro Torre and Cerro Fitz Roy and onwards to El Calafate where another perspective of the Southern Patagonian Icecap at the Perito Moreno Glacier is on offer. Of course no trip to Patagonia is complete without trekking in the Paine National Park. Here complete the 'W' trek and enjoy forays to the Grey Glacier, up the French Valley and the Ascensio Valley before we finally ascend to the base of Torres del Paine for one of the most unforgettable mountain views in the world, before driving across the pampas to Punta Arenas where our traverse concludes.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 March 2024 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans