Guided Camino Walk - Sarria to Santiago
From 17/09/2022 to 24/12/2022
Walking the last 115km of the Camino de Santiago with a knowledgeable guide and a group of fellow walkers.
Staying at friendly, family run hotels and eating at hotels and restaurants with delicious local dishes.
Reaching Santiago on foot and experiencing the famous pilgrims mass.
Experiencing the history of the ancient pilgrimage route.
7 breakfasts, 7 dinners (beverages and coffee included): Breakfasts are usually continental inclusive of breads, cheese, ham, tea, coffee & juices.
Dinner will consist of 3 courses, usually starting with a salad, followed by chicken, red meat, fish or a pasta dish & finishing with a dessert of fruit or cakes.
7 nights in a combination of hotels & farmhouse B&Bs on a twin share basis with ensuite facilitiesLuggage transfer (1 bag of 20kg max pp - additional bags and excess weight will attract a surcharge)English speaking guideVisitor taxEmergency hotlinePilgrim's passportAs the trip price is based on twinshare, a single supplement is payable if a single room is required.
If you would like to share a room with someone of the same gender, please request and we will do all possible to match you.
However, if we are unsuccessful you will be required to pay the single supplement.
Please refer to the price options above or ask our office for details.
Group Size: 6 - 12.
Day 1 - Arrive Sarria Make your own way to the first hotel in Sarria. Sarria is located on a hilltop with a river on either side affording you great views of the region. Today you will meet with your guide for a tour briefing, followed by dinner with the group.
Day 2 - Walk through the hills of Galicia to Portomarin (6hrs) This morning we can take the time to visit the Church of the convent of La Magdalena. Over the “Meseta lucense”, the Lugo Plateau, we will pass through many hamlets dotted along areas of cultivated land, grazing pastures and woodlands, and view the first “horreos”, typical raised grain silos. The walk today is relatively easy until the descent, crossing the Dam of Portomarin where ruins of the ancient flooded village can be seen, and into the town to our accommodation. Distance: 22km/13.6mi
Day 3 - To Palas de Rei (6-7hrs) The route today takes us through forested areas which have a magnificent fragrance. Along the path we will pass charming hamlets and calvaries. We will walk through Ventas de Naron, head over the gentle Sierra de Ligonde, and continue downhill through Previsa and Lameiros to Ligonde, with its church dedicated to the apostle St James and where Emperor Charles V stayed on 24 March 1520. On to Palas de Rei, where we stay overnight in a charming hotel. Distance: 24km/14.9mi
Day 4 - Leave Lugo to enter La Coruña and on to Melide (4.5hrs) On our walk to Melide we will pass through the small towns of Coto and Leboreiro. Melide is one of the larger towns along the Galician section of the Camino Trail. We recommend that for dinner tonight you try the local speciality ‘Pulpo a feira’, octopus usually served boiled and sprinkled with sweet and spicy paprika. Distance: 15km/9.3mi
Day 5 - To Arzúa (4hrs) The terrain becomes much easier today as we walk through the villages of Carballal, San Xuilan do Camino and Lebereiro and past Eucalyptus trees. The group will be able to stop at one of many villages for lunch. As we cross over the River Seco on the Magdalena Bridge we will reach Furelos, before we continue to Arzúa in the province of La Coruña. Distance: 14km/8.7mi
Day 6 - To Rúa (5-6hrs) Today’s walk will bring us to the small town of Rua which has a population of only 50 people. The walk today is lovely, passing large green fields and rural landscapes. Distance: 19km/11.8mi
Day 7 - Arrive Santiago (6hrs) On our last walk together we will pass many ancient sites including monuments, chapels and bridges – all of which have a story to tell. We follow country lanes and forest paths through increasingly populated countryside. The last day on the trail is always a special one, as we make our way to Santiago on foot. Arriving in the fabled Santiago de Compostela there is plenty to see and do – or simply relax and celebrate the end of the journey. Distance: 21km/13mi
Day 8 - Trip concludes Trip arrangements conclude after breakfast. If you’d like to stay an extra night in Santiago to further explore the historic and beautiful town at your own pace please ask for our rates.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 15 August 2022 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans