Walls of Jerusalem Circuit
From 10/10/2021 to 22/04/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Oct Sun 10 2021 to Oct Fri 15 2021AvailableFrom$1,995*
Oct Sun 24 2021 to Oct Fri 29 2021AvailableFrom$1,995*
Dec Sun 05 2021 to Dec Fri 10 2021AvailableFrom$1,995*
Dec Sun 19 2021 to Dec Fri 24 2021AvailableFrom$2,095*
Dec Mon 27 2021 to Jan Sat 01 2022AvailableFrom$2,095*
Jan Sun 09 2022 to Jan Fri 14 2022AvailableFrom$2,095*
Jan Sun 23 2022 to Jan Fri 28 2022AvailableFrom$1,995*
Feb Sun 06 2022 to Feb Fri 11 2022AvailableFrom$1,995*
Feb Sun 20 2022 to Feb Fri 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,995*
Mar Sun 06 2022 to Mar Fri 11 2022AvailableFrom$1,995*
Mar Sun 20 2022 to Mar Fri 25 2022AvailableFrom$1,995*
Apr Sun 03 2022 to Apr Fri 08 2022AvailableFrom$1,995*
Apr Sun 17 2022 to Apr Fri 22 2022AvailableFrom$1,995*
Discover a magnificent alpine area that is only accessible by foot.
Spectacular campsite locations including two nights spent at a remote base camp.
The opportunity to summit numerous peaks and the views gained as a reward for our effort.
Abundant wildlife and stunning endemic wildflowers.
Delicious evening meals cooked by your wilderness guides.
Majestic stands of thousand year old pencil pines, and sparkling lakes as far as the eye can see.
2 professional wilderness guides5 nights camping5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners, snacks and hot drinksTransport by private minibusNational Park feesTent, backpack and gaitersSleeping bag, inner sheet and inflatable sleeping matEmergency communications and group first aid kitTasmanian Expeditions does not require single travellers pay a surcharge for travelling alone.
We will arrange for you to share accommodation with another traveller of the same sex and if we can not match you up we will provide a single room (or tent if applicable) at no extra charge.
The first three nights of the tour are spent at various scenic campsites throughout the National Park.
Facilities will be limited but the scenery spectacular.
The last two nights in the Walls of Jerusalem National Park are spent at Wild Dog Creek base camp.
Situated in the shadow of the areas highest mountain, King David’s Peak (1499m), we set up our twin share tents on a maze of elevated wooden platforms.
A permanent kitchen and dining platform provide rustic shelter from the elements and a panoramic spot to enjoy a hot drink, a chat about the day’s events and a hearty evening meal together.
A composting toilet & fresh drinking/washing water is also available.
We provide strong, 2 person, bushwalking tents (twin share), which provide each occupant with a personal access door and vestibule for individual use.
Our tents weigh between 2.
0 and 2.
5 kg and this weight is shared equally by each occupant.
We use a range of high quality 3-4 season tents which have been trialled and tested to withstand all weather conditions that may be encountered on our adventures.
Brands that are most commonly used are Wilderness Equipment and Eureka.
Group Size: 6 - 10.
Trekking with a full pack.
Day 1 - Transfer Launceston to Lake Rowallen, walk to Lake Myrtle Today you will be collected from your accommodation in Launceston at approximately 8am and transferred to the Walls of Jerusalem National Park entry point. Carrying our full backpacks into this magnificent highland area will provide us with a challenge, but with plenty of encouragement from our guides as well as snacks and rest stops, the climb is achievable and well worth it. Our trek will take us up onto the central plateau conservation area through forests and button grass plains, past Lake Bill and on until we reach our stunning campsite on the northern shores of beautiful Lake Myrtle. This beautiful camp site is a highlight of the day: a natural grassy meadow manicured to perfection by the resident wildlife. Settling in for the evening we enjoy a hearty meal whilst gazing upon the majestic view of Mt Rogoona's sheer cliffs rising high above the lake. Walking Distance: 7km | Walking Time: 6 hours
Day 2 - Lake Myrtle to Lake Meston After a warm breakfast we strike camp and continue on past the shores of Lake Myrtle, through alpine vegetation and around the base of Mt Rogoona. Time and weather will dictate whether we choose to attempt a summit of this superbly situated peak. Now that we are on the plateau our walking is gently undulating, and the low alpine scrub gives us wide views in all directions. Continuing on down the other side of the saddle, we zig zag through myrtle rainforst until we reach our second campsite at Lake Meston - depending on time you may hike to the northern campsite or stay by the historical at the base of the saddle; these huts are a common feature in the Tasmanian wilderness and are treated respectfully as historical artefacts. The stories behind the huts are always fascinating and your guides delight in sharing them with you Our camp tonight overlooking the Lake is, again, magnificent. Walking Distance: 7km + side trips | Walking Time : 4-6 hours
Day 3 - Lake Meston to Lake Adelaide This morning we break camp and say farewell to the stunning Lake Meston. We quickly pick up a trail that skirts around the edge of Lake Adelaide - ducking through thick rainforest vegetation and popping out at great spots to view the lake - keep an eye out for the elusive platypus as you work your way around the eastern edge of the Lake - there are a few options for campsites tonight - your guides will chose one to fit in with weather and timing Walking Distance: 7km | Walking Time: Up 5 hours
Day 4 - Lake Adelaide to Wild Dog Creek After packing up camp we continue following the lake shore until we come to the intersection of the Lake Junction and Walls of Jerusalem tracks. Here we begin our entrance into the heart of the National Park. We trek past glacial tarns and alpine herb fields, with the mighty peaks of the central Walls coming into view. Making camp by lunchtime we have the afternoon to duck in and have our first glimpses of the Central Walls. This comfortable camp at Wild Dog Creek will be our base for the next two nights. Walking distance: 14km | Walking Time: 7-8 hours
Day 5 - Central Walls of Jerusalem Today is a bushwalker's dream as we explore the central Walls area. With only a day pack on we hike up to Damascus Gate and then descend to the awe inspiring Dixon's Kingdom. An ancient forest of immense pencil pines gives us a glimpse into Tasmania's Gondwanan heritage. These beautiful, endemic trees are thousands of years old each and standing in their presence is truly humbling. Leaving this magical spot behind we pass Jaffa Gate before ascending Mt Jerusalem (1459m) which rewards us with extensive views of the Central Plateau with its countless lakes and tarns. We then return to our camp at Wild Dog Creek to enjoy another delicious and well earned meal prepared by your guides. Walking Distance: 8-12km | Walking Time: 6-8 hours
Day 6 - Wild Dog Creek to Mersey Valley, transfer to Launceston This morning we bid farewell to this truly outstanding part of Tasmania's World Heritage Area and begin our walk off the plateau. We meander past the sparkling tarns of Solomons Jewels, descend steeply through tall eucalyptus forests filled with melodious bird call, and stop for a rest at the old Trappers Hut. The last section of gentle downhill track gives us time to reflect on the last six days of outstanding bushwalking. Just before lunch we meet up with our Tasmanian Expeditions transfer bus and driver. Shrugging off our trusty backpacks, we board the bus and cruise to the village of Mole Creek for a celebratory pub lunch together. Congratulations on completing one of Tasmania's most magnificent and unforgettable wilderness walks! We will drop you at your Launceston accommodation by approximately 5pm. Walking Distance: 6km | Walking Time: 3 hours
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 23 April 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.
Tell us about your travel plans