From 03/07/2021 to 24/12/2022
Departure dates & prices
Dates Availability Price
Jul Sat 03 2021 to Jul Sat 10 2021AvailableFrom$2,524*
Aug Sat 07 2021 to Aug Sat 14 2021AvailableFrom$2,524*
Sep Sat 18 2021 to Sep Sat 25 2021AvailableFrom$2,524*
Oct Sat 02 2021 to Oct Sat 09 2021AvailableFrom$2,524*
Nov Sat 06 2021 to Nov Sat 13 2021AvailableFrom$2,524*
Encounter the cargo cult communities of Tanna and see for yourself how these indigenous villages have incorporated WWII iconography into their religious traditions.
Hike to the rim of Mt Yasur, one of the world’s most active volcanoes, and watch the smoke and lava billowing (from a safe distance, of course).
Snorkel in the clear waters around Nguna and see the remarkable coral reef that is protected as part of a marine reserve.
Go beyond the walled-off resorts and discover the beauty and cultures of Vanuatu.
Trek, paddle, swim and snorkel in some of the most beautiful places in the tropics.
Trek through the towering rainforest to find a banyan tree that is said to be the largest in the world, with hundreds of prop roots that support it.
Breakfasts Included: 7.
Lunches Included: 6.
Dinners Included: 3.
Hotel (4 nights),Beach bungalow (2 nights),Guesthouse (1 night).
Age: min 15.
Group Size: 1 - 12.
Rentapao River - Kayaking.
Rentapao River - Rentapao Cascades.
Rentapao River - French-style lunch.
Tanna - Rainforest trek.
Tanna - World's largest banyan tree.
Tanna - Mt Yasur.
Tanna - Kastom village visit.
Tanna - Rainforest & John Frum cargo cult villages trek.
Tanna - Port Resolution.
Tanna - Hot Springs.
Nguna Island - Snorkelling.
Nguna Island - Tree planting activity.
Nguna Island - Taloa Village visit.
Emua Village - Beachfront lunch.
Day 1 - Port Vila Welcome to Port Vila, the capital of Vanuatu! Your adventure begins today with a welcome meeting at 5 pm at your accommodation. There are no other activities planned for the day. If you arrive with time to spare before the welcome meeting, the heart of the city and the waterfront promenade are just a short walk from the hotel
Day 2 - Port Vila – Rentapao River Today you will discover some of Efate’s best spots. A 25-minute scenic drive will take you to our kayak base on the Rentapao River. Experience Vanuatu’s rainforest and village life as you paddle and swim its safe waters. After a French-style lunch at the river’s edge, we transfer upstream to the river cascades, a great place to swim, relax, and shake off any jet lag. You will be back at your hotel by mid-afternoon, allowing ample time to discover more of Port Vila.
Day 3 - Tanna It is an early morning start today for our Air Vanuatu flight to the legendary southern island of Tanna. On arrival, it is a short transfer to our beachside bungalow, and after lunch, we begin the first of our amazing Tanna treks. High on a ridge overlooking the coast is the world’s largest banyan tree. Our path there and back passes through scattered villages, food gardens, and rainforest – a great opportunity to meet ‘the happiest people in the world’ going about their daily lives. Trekking time may be up to 3 hours. Arriving back at our bungalow, enjoy the sunset and maybe a cool drink, and keep an eye out for whales that cruise along the coast from July onwards.
Day 4 - Tanna – Mt Yasur A big day today! We start with a 30-minute drive to a remote "kastom" village hidden in the rainforest. The community here have rejected modern life and are proud to conserve and maintain their traditional lifestyle. Our village hosts will prepare some traditional foods from the garden and share their culture with you, before we head across the spine of the island towards Tanna’s famous volcano, Yasur. At the edge of the ash plain, we don our walking shoes again for the second of our Tanna treks, three hours to the rim of the volcano. Our track winds through rainforest and John Frum cargo cult villages, with sweeping views the higher we go. Throughout the trek, you will feel the ground shaking and hear the volcano rumbling, and finally, as you arrive at the crater rim in the late afternoon, you will be amazed at the firework show that awaits. We return from the volcano in the evening, our accommodation a village bungalow located near the volcano.
Day 5 - Tanna – Port Vila This morning you will travel down to Port Resolution, named after one of Captain Cook’s ships, to discover the black sand beach and natural hot springs, and take a short trek around the shore. Enjoy lunch in the heart of the village, before the scenic drive back to the airport for our afternoon flight to Port Vila and return to our accommodation.
Day 6 - Nguna Island After the spectacular culture, rainforest, and volcano on Tanna, today you head to a pristine tropical island, renowned for its marine conservation area. It is a one-hour scenic drive via Efate’s west coast to our boat landing, followed by a half-hour boat ride to Nguna island. You may choose to spend the full day snorkelling in the marine conservation area. Expect lots of fish, maybe the occasional turtle, and plenty of hard corals and small canyons and crevasses to explore. If you are keen on walking there is the option of a three-hour walk to a community conservation area at Nguna’s smallest village – a mixture of historical relics, forest, and windswept cliffs. You will also have a chance to assist the community’s reforestation project through tree-planting. Accommodation is at a beachside bungalow run by village women.
Day 7 - Nguna Island – Port Vila This morning we take an easy walk into the main village of Taloa, the historic church juxtaposed next to the new nakamal (traditional men’s house). There is time for one last snorkel before heading back to Efate and lunch at a locally-owned restaurant. Savour your memories as you take in the lovely views across to Nguna! You then drive back to Port Vila, but this time along the east coast road, meaning you also get to do a round-Efate tour. There are lots of roadside markets to explore and plenty of photo opportunities. Plus you will stop for a swim at one of the beaches or coves around Eton village. We arrive back at our Port Vila accommodation for our final night together late afternoon.
Day 8 - Port Vila Your Vanuatu Expedition comes to an end this morning after breakfast. If you are travelling from April to June, this trip can be combined with our 5 day Vanuatu Land Diving Festival trip - search code TESL on our website.
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..
- We receive payment from third party travel service providers when you use us to book travel and travel-related products and services with them on your behalf.
- Our liability to you is limited in certain situations, and we may charge you a cancellation fee(s) in certain circumstances. See our booking terms and conditions for further details.